Toremifene as trt alternative

1. New Member
    Stats
    6'5"  210 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    52.36%

Toremifene as trt alternative

I have a friend who has low testosterone and low LH and FSH. He has tried toremifene in the past and had great results from it. The problem is, he is 18 years old and after doing some research is uncomfortable with taking any actual hormones. I respect the guy for not wanting to do any hormones at his age so i decided to help him out with this post. So the question is, could toremifene be used long term as an alternative to TRT? Would its long term use cause any bad side effects other than the known short term side effects? Would there be any up-regulation of the estrogen receptor? What would happen if he were to take torem for a year and then stop? Would his estrogen be out of control? His stats: age:18 weight:210 bf%: 12 height: 6'2" thanks in advance!

2. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'10"  200 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    90.57%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityActivity VeteranActivity RoyaltyPosting Pro

Quote Originally Posted by dvr2470
    I have a friend who has low testosterone and low LH and FSH. He has tried toremifene in the past and had great results from it. The problem is, he is 18 years old and after doing some research is uncomfortable with taking any actual hormones. I respect the guy for not wanting to do any hormones at his age so i decided to help him out with this post. So the question is, could toremifene be used long term as an alternative to TRT? Would its long term use cause any bad side effects other than the known short term side effects? Would there be any up-regulation of the estrogen receptor? What would happen if he were to take torem for a year and then stop? Would his estrogen be out of control? His stats: age:18 weight:210 bf%: 12 height: 6'2" thanks in advance!
    Sounds like a bad idea. If his T are truly low enough to be a problem he should seek medical advice to address it.
    Body Performance Solutions Representative

Check out our products at www.bpsnutrition.net
    Check out our FaceBook page at https://www.facebook.com/pages/Body-Performance-Solutions/191322614238042
  3. New Member
    Stats
    6'2"  230 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    54.59%

There is ZERO long term research on that stuff in men much less as use for hormone therapy. Clomid at least has scientific studies behind it showing it works.
    •   

4. New Member
    Stats
    6'5"  210 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    52.36%

Quote Originally Posted by jimbuick

Sounds like a bad idea. If his T are truly low enough to be a problem he should seek medical advice to address it.
    Thanks for your input but he has and was suggested to have testosterone replacement therapy. But as I said before, he would rather not mess around with hormones at his age. He had bloodwork done before and after his torem usage and he got his test levels up to normal after 2 weeks.
  5. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'10"  200 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    90.57%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityActivity VeteranActivity RoyaltyPosting Pro

Quote Originally Posted by dvr2470

Thanks for your input but he has and was suggested to have testosterone replacement therapy. But as I said before, he would rather not mess around with hormones at his age. He had bloodwork done before and after his torem usage and he got his test levels up to normal after 2 weeks.
    Your friend is an idiot. He would rather use a drug that has no testing done in males than the doctors recommendation of TRT. Here is a list of side effects, also keep in mind that this is in women and can be much different in men (very possibly worse).

http://www.drugs.com/sfx/toremifene-side-effects.html
    Body Performance Solutions Representative

Check out our products at www.bpsnutrition.net
    Check out our FaceBook page at https://www.facebook.com/pages/Body-Performance-Solutions/191322614238042
  6. New Member
    Stats
    6'2"  230 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    54.59%

Well he IS messing with his hormones with toremifene. He knows even less about it than doctors who prescribe it...he has a choice of finding the source of the problem or masking it with drugs.
  7. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'10"  245 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    29.89%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProActivity VeteranPosting ProPosting Authority

Tell him to find a good endo. There's gotta be a reason to low t at 18yo. Maybe pm matrix for assistance with that he seems to have a good network of drs.
    I'm just a dude chasing a dream
  8. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'7"  195 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    86.14%
    Achievements Posting Pro

He's certainly messing with hormones using this drug. I'm guessing this is not: was not done under doctor supervision given the fact I've never hear of this drug being prescribed in males. Clomid is a different story.

He needs to take the time, which may include multiple trips to various docs, to find a doc that will listen to his concerns and utilize a possible
    Clomid protocol.

Skip the endos and find a urologist that specializes in male infertility. That'll be your/ his best bet. Hands down.

Similar Forum Threads

1. Clomid a TRT Alternative?
    By AutoKal47 in forum Male Anti-Aging Medicine
    Replies: 96
    Last Post: 11-08-2012, 04:50 PM
  2. TRT-- alternatives to HCG?
    By de49152 in forum Male Anti-Aging Medicine
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 12-08-2007, 07:06 PM