Very high Progesterone. Been taking oral Preg.

Elit3

Awards
30yo male with no prior pro-hormone use aside from a few days of oral DHEA (stopped a while back) and a couple of weeks of oral MLM Preg. Recently tested my progesterone to see what and if the pregnenolone was doing anything there. This is the result:

5.2 out of 0.2-1.4 ng/mL range

I do not have any labs for this prior to starting the preg at 150mg a day. I have had long standing issues that can be attributed to high progesterone, like some gyno, libido, and erection problems to name the most prevalent. I think that I have had the high progesterone for some time now, possibly due to exhausted adrenals and or estrogen. I am a skinny guy with total test in the 800's so I am not sure if estrogen is a problem here. Doctor's I talked to tell me that it is not possible because I am skinny and my test came back high upper range. Is that correct though?

I've also been taking adrenal cortex... I dropped the pregnenolone and don't plan on taking hornomes anymore. Just want to see if this goes down naturally or if better assited and any other possible causes.

Anything else to understand from this latest result? I did take a dose of preg before going in for the lab which probably skewed the results? Though the supplementation has not brought on any of the sides, they have been there. The supplementation is the reason I got the test, and the result makes me think about possibly trying to lower progesterone or probably more important, estrogen and look for a reduction in the issues mentioned in my second paragraph above...

The Matrix

The Matrix

Awards
  • Established
30yo male with no prior pro-hormone use aside from a few days of oral DHEA (stopped a while back) and a couple of weeks of oral MLM Preg. Recently tested my progesterone to see what and if the pregnenolone was doing anything there. This is the result:

I do not have any labs for this prior to starting the preg at 150mg a day. I have had long standing issues that can be attributed to high progesterone, like some gyno, libido, and erection problems to name the most prevalent. I think that I have had the high progesterone for some time now, possibly due to exhausted adrenals and or estrogen. I am a skinny guy with total test in the 800's so I am not sure if estrogen is a problem here. Doctor's I talked to tell me that it is not possible because I am skinny and my test came back high upper range. Is that correct though?

I've also been taking adrenal cortex... I dropped the pregnenolone and don't plan on taking hornomes anymore. Just want to see if this goes down naturally or if better assited and any other possible causes.

Anything else to understand from this latest result? I did take a dose of preg before going in for the lab which probably skewed the results? Though the supplementation has not brought on any of the sides, they have been there. The supplementation is the reason I got the test, and the result makes me think about possibly trying to lower progesterone or probably more important, estrogen and look for a reduction in the issues mentioned in my second paragraph above...
If Dont address the immune system you will.never address the adrenals and neurotransmitters function. You already have imbalance with possible detoxification issues which compromise adrenal function in the first.place. It really depends where shbg is at if test levels are optimal.

Elit3

Awards
SHBG is at 100 with the maximum range of 59.

I'm addressing the gut with diet and probiotics. Still increasing the vitamin D which is currently at 53, up from 38 earlier this year. Diet is pretty much dialed in. Added milk thistle to help with the liver. Things are definitely better than just a few months ago. Wonder if there is anything else

The Matrix

The Matrix

Awards
  • Established
SHBG is at 100 with the maximum range of 59.

I'm addressing the gut with diet and probiotics. Still increasing the vitamin D which is currently at 53, up from 38 earlier this year. Diet is pretty much dialed in. Added milk thistle to help with the liver. Things are definitely better than just a few months ago. Wonder if there is anything else
SHBG rises when liver is inflammed or body is toxic. Optimal vitamin D is 70 some may need to take up to 20000 ius a day even with the most absorbable form of emulsified D. This is due to VDR-TAQ gene resulting in ability to absorb vitamin D. After dealing with complex cases I am very hesitant about using milk thistle/curcumin due to the fact it may had adverse reaction with in the liver due to inability to process it properly.

Elit3

Awards
SHBG rises when liver is inflammed or body is toxic. Optimal vitamin D is 70 some may need to take up to 20000 ius a day even with the most absorbable form of emulsified D. This is due to VDR-TAQ gene resulting in ability to absorb vitamin D. After dealing with complex cases I am very hesitant about using milk thistle/curcumin due to the fact it may had adverse reaction with in the liver due to inability to process it properly.
Still striving for that vitamin d 70 score. Thanks for telling me about the milk thistle. There is conflicting information on it, so I will play it safe with this stuff. I'm going to try a couple of more things for the liver.

Elit3

Awards
Matrix- on another note, you have recommended zinc picolinate in the past. My research tells me that there are better forms out there, glycinate>monomethionine>picolinate. The research included a study which was supposedly not funded by Albion. No real head to head comparisons between these, but they appear to be top 3 in that order. Do you still recommend the picolinate form. Thanks.

The Matrix

The Matrix

Awards
  • Established
Matrix- on another note, you have recommended zinc picolinate in the past. My research tells me that there are better forms out there, glycinate>monomethionine>picolinate. The research included a study which was supposedly not funded by Albion. No real head to head comparisons between these, but they appear to be top 3 in that order. Do you still recommend the picolinate form. Thanks.
Most of Drs I know use picolonate because it more absorbed with people who have thyroid issues. If you are using monomethione it needs to be the l form. Drs have little understanding of the mechanism which drive cellular uptake in zinc. Once you correct these then zinc deficiency are resolved and supplementation may not even be needed. Just remember whats in the blood is not always in the tissue..

Elit3

Awards
Thanks Matrix. One last question if I can. What are your thoughts on oral magnesium? I am already on TD and Epson s.

The Matrix

The Matrix

Awards
  • Established
Thanks Matrix. One last question if I can. What are your thoughts on oral magnesium? I am already on TD and Epson s.
I Use time released formula seems to work better at cell level. One needs to be extremely careful of any supplementation if wrong environment is present. I am dealing with a few cases where people are dying due to medical professional giving them common treatment. Its the reactions they had due to unseen variables by modern medicine. I am now helping getting the word out so more people will not fall victim ..

peabody

Awards
Elit3, back to your original question. It seems to me that 150mg per day of pregnenolone is a lot. Anyway, since progesterone is one of the things pregnenolone converts into, it doesn't seem surprising that it too is high.

From what I read, one of the downsides of high progesterone is that it inhibits the action of 5a-reductase, which is what converts T to DHT. Since DHT is a much more potent androgen than T, reduced DHT could have libido and sexual effects similar to what E2 could produce. I'm not sure though whether gyno would occur if DHT is lowered. But if high progesterone shuts down production of DHT, if seems you could end up with the same symptoms Propecia produces.

I've tried taking the Life-Flo transdermal pregnenolone, which has a standard dose of 15mg - one tenth of what you were taking - and even at that dose I could feel the effect. It was primarily a calming effect and reduction of anxiety, but unfortunately, also a noticeable decrease in libido. So one of the things on my list of things to try at some point is an even lower dose, just to see if I can find a sweet spot.

Elit3

Awards
Elit3, back to your original question. It seems to me that 150mg per day of pregnenolone is a lot. Anyway, since progesterone is one of the things pregnenolone converts into, it doesn't seem surprising that it too is high.

From what I read, one of the downsides of high progesterone is that it inhibits the action of 5a-reductase, which is what converts T to DHT. Since DHT is a much more potent androgen than T, reduced DHT could have libido and sexual effects similar to what E2 could produce. I'm not sure though whether gyno would occur if DHT is lowered. But if high progesterone shuts down production of DHT, if seems you could end up with the same symptoms Propecia produces.

I've tried taking the Life-Flo transdermal pregnenolone, which has a standard dose of 15mg - one tenth of what you were taking - and even at that dose I could feel the effect. It was primarily a calming effect and reduction of anxiety, but unfortunately, also a noticeable decrease in libido. So one of the things on my list of things to try at some point is an even lower dose, just to see if I can find a sweet spot.
For some reason I did not have a notification of new posts on this thread, but decided to check and alas...

Blocking 5aR is probably a good thing for those that suffer from hair no? But then the flipside is issues with libido and such. Interesting that you made the connection to propecia there as I did try that for a little while for hair, but some of these libido issues where there before the propecia trial.

I think it all comes down to, as the matrix says, the immune system and getting detoxed really good. Then I hope that the body will be able to heal its other systems.

Thanks.

The Matrix

The Matrix

Awards
  • Established

Where was your SHBG >60?
Liver is an issue because your methylation is out of whack causing hidden inflammation at deepest levels.

Elit3

Awards
Where was your SHBG >60?
Liver is an issue because your methylation is out of whack causing hidden inflammation at deepest levels.
The only lab for SHBG that I have shows 100 with <59 max.

The Matrix

The Matrix

Awards
  • Established
The Matrix

The Matrix

Awards
  • Established