What the HAIR is going on? - AnabolicMinds.com

What the HAIR is going on?

  1. Senior Member
    lboston's Avatar
    Stats
    5'7"  195 lbs.
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Age
    29
    Posts
    1,244
    Rep Power
    27136

    Reputation

    What the HAIR is going on?


    Alright gents, I'm freaking out a bit. I rubbed my hair pretty rough last night and to my surprise my bathroom sink starring looking as if it was getting rained on by dark hairs.
    It wasn't clumps or anything like that, but I've never noticed any shedding or hair loss until now.
    This really concerns me. I'm assuming it's from elevated DHT levels as my back and shoulders are also starting to look pretty bad with acne. Something else new to me.
    Should I be concerned on this!? Definitely don't want to go bald from these t shots!

  2. Elite Member
    vidapreta's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    5,659
    Rep Power
    3765912

    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

    Nizoral shampoo helped me big time, I've used it 3-4 times a week especially during cycles, for at least 10 years now.

    Sent from my HTC Sensation 4G using Tapatalk 2
  3. Senior Member
    lboston's Avatar
    Stats
    5'7"  195 lbs.
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Age
    29
    Posts
    1,244
    Rep Power
    27136

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by vidapreta
    Nizoral shampoo helped me big time, I've used it 3-4 times a week especially during cycles, for at least 10 years now.

    Sent from my HTC Sensation 4G using Tapatalk 2
    Thanks man. How long have you been on TRT?
    It almost makes me wonder if I'd be better off on Clomid only.
    •   
       

  4. Elite Member
    The Matrix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    5,033
    Rep Power
    7698

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by lboston View Post
    Alright gents, I'm freaking out a bit. I rubbed my hair pretty rough last night and to my surprise my bathroom sink starring looking as if it was getting rained on by dark hairs.
    It wasn't clumps or anything like that, but I've never noticed any shedding or hair loss until now.
    This really concerns me. I'm assuming it's from elevated DHT levels as my back and shoulders are also starting to look pretty bad with acne. Something else new to me.
    Should I be concerned on this!? Definitely don't want to go bald from these t shots!
    Proper modulation of DHT levels will probably resolve the issue. Acne is from the DHT
    Might want to back down the testosterone to 40 mgs 2 times a week.
    I am not a medical Dr, please keep in mind that this answer is for information purposes only, and is not intended to diagnose, treat or replace sound medical advice from your physician or health care provider.
  5. Senior Member
    lboston's Avatar
    Stats
    5'7"  195 lbs.
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Age
    29
    Posts
    1,244
    Rep Power
    27136

    Reputation

    Thanks Matrix--as always. I'll begin that protocol.

    Are there any products/supplements that you are aware of that would help as well? Something herbal or OTC?
  6. Senior Member
    lboston's Avatar
    Stats
    5'7"  195 lbs.
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Age
    29
    Posts
    1,244
    Rep Power
    27136

    Reputation

    Would switching to Clomid cause less of a spike in DHT thus resulting in less hair shedding and less acne?
  7. Senior Member
    lboston's Avatar
    Stats
    5'7"  195 lbs.
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Age
    29
    Posts
    1,244
    Rep Power
    27136

    Reputation

    Bump for any more feedback? Anyone know if using Clomid for TRT would cause less DHT issues?
  8. Elite Member
    The Matrix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    5,033
    Rep Power
    7698

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by lboston View Post
    Bump for any more feedback? Anyone know if using Clomid for TRT would cause less DHT issues?
    Depends on the amount of testosterone that one can produce on it ...
    I am not a medical Dr, please keep in mind that this answer is for information purposes only, and is not intended to diagnose, treat or replace sound medical advice from your physician or health care provider.
  9. Senior Member
    lboston's Avatar
    Stats
    5'7"  195 lbs.
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Age
    29
    Posts
    1,244
    Rep Power
    27136

    Reputation

    I did Clomid only for a month at 25g ED and testosterone went from around 190ng/dl to 720 ng/dl on the labcorp scale.
  10. Professional Member
    kisaj's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  210 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Age
    40
    Posts
    4,369
    Rep Power
    1190344

    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

    I've always been a stinging nettle fan, but for the last year I've been on TRT, Endosurge has been an everyday staple. Not a single zit or lost hair during this time. In fact, my complaint has been about growing hair and the hair on my head getting thicker.
  11. Elite Member
    The Matrix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    5,033
    Rep Power
    7698

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by lboston View Post
    I did Clomid only for a month at 25g ED and testosterone went from around 190ng/dl to 720 ng/dl on the labcorp scale.
    Reduce it to 1/4 tab m,w,f then retest in 2 weeks under DR supervision
    I am not a medical Dr, please keep in mind that this answer is for information purposes only, and is not intended to diagnose, treat or replace sound medical advice from your physician or health care provider.
  12. Senior Member
    lboston's Avatar
    Stats
    5'7"  195 lbs.
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Age
    29
    Posts
    1,244
    Rep Power
    27136

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by The Matrix

    Reduce it to 1/4 tab m,w,f then retest in 2 weeks under DR supervision
    That's what a new doc I've found is wanting to do, possibly. Have an apt with him next week.

    Would the three day a week dosing typically keep the levels high like the ED dosing?
  13. Senior Member
    ambulldog's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    1,964
    Rep Power
    8433

    Reputation

    i just started using nizoral which gets great reviews aolng with caffienated shampoo. as for the bacne. if its pimples and not cyst like get your dr to scribe you benzaclin. very very good
    Noob looking for alot of guidance
    I've got a hold of some omnadren 250(is sustanon better?) and I'm pretty much clueless about steroids. All i know about it is that it easily aromatizes and it holds alot of water
  14. Senior Member
    lboston's Avatar
    Stats
    5'7"  195 lbs.
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Age
    29
    Posts
    1,244
    Rep Power
    27136

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by ambulldog
    i just started using nizoral which gets great reviews aolng with caffienated shampoo. as for the bacne. if its pimples and not cyst like get your dr to scribe you benzaclin. very very good
    Thanks bulldog. What type of caffeinated shampoo?
    I need to look in to that for the bacne. This sh!ts intense!
  15. Elite Member
    vidapreta's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    5,659
    Rep Power
    3765912

    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by lboston View Post
    Thanks bulldog. What type of caffeinated shampoo?
    I need to look in to that for the bacne. This sh!ts intense!
    I've never heard of caffeinated shampoo. But when my hair started falling out during an Anadrol, Test Cyp cycle, adding Nizoral stopped it in It's tracks.. I've been using it ever since.

    Sent from my HTC Sensation 4G using Tapatalk 2
  16. Elite Member
    vidapreta's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    5,659
    Rep Power
    3765912

    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

    Although It's getting harder to find lately. There's none at Walmart or Walgreens.

    Sent from my HTC Sensation 4G using Tapatalk 2
  17. Banned
    WARBIRDWS6's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    5,134
    Rep Power
    0

    Reputation Reputation Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by kisaj View Post
    I've always been a stinging nettle fan, but for the last year I've been on TRT, Endosurge has been an everyday staple. Not a single zit or lost hair during this time. In fact, my complaint has been about growing hair and the hair on my head getting thicker.
    yeah ever since I started on division 1 (divanil/nettle) less and less hair is in the brush...WTF? why is this? i was wondering what the hell it was that caused the reduced hair fallout (not that it was bad or anything normally)...and the only thing I added in was division 1 and androgel. fcking weird

    but I use nizoral E2D or E3D (the 2% script version) and apply minoxidil/azelaic acid in the morning and again at night. this will be my protocol from here on out, since I just turned 40 and still have 90%+ of my hair.......don't want to tempt fate any more....I'll be assisting my hairline from here on out just to be sure
  18. Banned
    WARBIRDWS6's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    5,134
    Rep Power
    0

    Reputation Reputation Reputation

    and lboston,, stop talking about DHT and hair falling out already.....or I'm gonna neg rep your ass ....just started daily AHv3 dosing and I am paranoid enough already about DHT and hair loss .......
  19. Senior Member
    ambulldog's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    1,964
    Rep Power
    8433

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by lboston View Post
    Thanks bulldog. What type of caffeinated shampoo?
    I need to look in to that for the bacne. This sh!ts intense!
    nizoral is scripted shampoo. the caffeinated shampoo i ordered from overseas on amazon called alpecin(only studies on it come out of germany) you wont find it domestically, well not yet . benzaclin is good **** for pimples not cycts. for cysts you need a antibiotic more than likely.
    Noob looking for alot of guidance
    I've got a hold of some omnadren 250(is sustanon better?) and I'm pretty much clueless about steroids. All i know about it is that it easily aromatizes and it holds alot of water
  20. Senior Member
    lboston's Avatar
    Stats
    5'7"  195 lbs.
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Age
    29
    Posts
    1,244
    Rep Power
    27136

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by ambulldog

    nizoral is scripted shampoo. the caffeinated shampoo i ordered from overseas on amazon called alpecin(only studies on it come out of germany) you wont find it domestically, well not yet . benzaclin is good **** for pimples not cycts. for cysts you need a antibiotic more than likely.
    Thanks man. Would a GP script the shampoo or would I need a dermatologist?
  21. Senior Member
    lboston's Avatar
    Stats
    5'7"  195 lbs.
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Age
    29
    Posts
    1,244
    Rep Power
    27136

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by WARBIRDWS6
    and lboston,, stop talking about DHT and hair falling out already.....or I'm gonna neg rep your ass ....just started daily AHv3 dosing and I am paranoid enough already about DHT and hair loss .......
    Lol- my apologies. Look, I'm short--I dont want to be short and bald....looking like George Castanza!!
  22. Elite Member
    vidapreta's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    5,659
    Rep Power
    3765912

    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by lboston View Post
    Thanks man. Would a GP script the shampoo or would I need a dermatologist?
    Nizoral prescription is the 2% They sell the same Nizoral OTC it is the 1% version..It's just as effective except you can use it more often/daily and I've used both versions.
  23. Banned
    WARBIRDWS6's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    5,134
    Rep Power
    0

    Reputation Reputation Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by lboston View Post
    Lol- my apologies. Look, I'm short--I dont want to be short and bald....looking like George Castanza!!
    I'm short too, I guess that is why I worry about my hair all the time? LOL

    Quote Originally Posted by vidapreta View Post
    Nizoral prescription is the 2% They sell the same Nizoral OTC it is the 1% version..It's just as effective except you can use it more often/daily and I've used both versions.
    you can get the 1% OR 2% OTC....says "prescription strength" but is sold at a few sites OTC I got both, but prefer the 2%, might as well go Rx or go home I say (or something like that)....
  24. Senior Member
    lboston's Avatar
    Stats
    5'7"  195 lbs.
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Age
    29
    Posts
    1,244
    Rep Power
    27136

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by WARBIRDWS6

    I'm short too, I guess that is why I worry about my hair all the time? LOL

    you can get the 1% OR 2% OTC....says "prescription strength" but is sold at a few sites OTC I got both, but prefer the 2%, might as well go Rx or go home I say (or something like that)....
    Thanks man. It seems the advertisements for Nizoral don't say anything about combating DHT in the scalp, but dandruff.
  25. New Member
    dallasboy22's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  178 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    180
    Rep Power
    3654

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by lboston

    Thanks man. It seems the advertisements for Nizoral don't say anything about combating DHT in the scalp, but dandruff.
    It has Keto in it, which some studies says it blocks DHT. There are other Keto based shampoos...regenapure is one i think.

    Sent from my iPhone using Am.com
  26. Senior Member
    ambulldog's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    1,964
    Rep Power
    8433

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by lboston View Post
    Thanks man. Would a GP script the shampoo or would I need a dermatologist?

    my gp did for me. if she ever wont theres always canadian pharmacies
    Noob looking for alot of guidance
    I've got a hold of some omnadren 250(is sustanon better?) and I'm pretty much clueless about steroids. All i know about it is that it easily aromatizes and it holds alot of water
  27. Senior Member
    lboston's Avatar
    Stats
    5'7"  195 lbs.
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Age
    29
    Posts
    1,244
    Rep Power
    27136

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by ambulldog

    my gp did for me. if she ever wont theres always canadian pharmacies
    Good call. The Canadians always have our back...when we least expect it!!
  

  
 

Similar Forum Threads

  1. What the Hell is Going On.....?
    By WannabeBatman in forum Bulking
    Replies: 32
    Last Post: 04-07-2009, 03:03 PM
  2. What the hell is going on with the weather!!
    By BigVrunga in forum General Chat
    Replies: 83
    Last Post: 01-17-2007, 05:47 PM
  3. what the hell is really going on?
    By goodbye in forum IGF-1/GH
    Replies: 36
    Last Post: 07-12-2006, 02:22 AM
  4. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 08-20-2005, 12:26 PM
  5. What the hell is going on here?
    By th0m in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 01-03-2005, 12:34 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Log in