Low Test, looking for some advice

1. New Member
    Stats
    5'2"  165 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    92.15%

Low Test, looking for some advice

Alright, so I just my first blood test done (Female hormone panel from PrivateMD Labs), and the results were a little disappointing; my Testosterone, Serum level came in at 320 ng/dL (normal range is 348-1197). I have unopened bottle of Nolva on hand (ordered an extra one just in case) and was planning on running 10 mg/day for ~4 weeks, take a week off, then have another blood test done. From what Iíve read Nolva is effective in raising Test, and since I already have it, I figured itíd be a good route to go unless thereís another option that may be better.

A little background on me, Iím 26, 5í2Ē, 150lbs ~10% BF, and been training regularly/eating right for the past 4 years or so. This past year Iíve done my first 2 PH cycles, Epi in February (30/30/45/45/45) and Halo in June (50/75/75/75/100/125). Both cycles included a PCT of Torem (120(3days) 90/60/60/30), DAA (3g/day for 6 weeks) and Erase (0/2/3/3/2/1) along with the necessary support supps and daily vitamins/EFAís/ect.

I took my last erase/DAA dose about 2.5 weeks ago. Unfortunately I havenít had any previous bloodwork done, so I donít know if this may have been an issue before I did any cycles. If someone more knowledgeable than myself has any advice they could share with me Iíd definitely appreciate it.

2. New Member
    Stats
    5'2"  165 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    92.15%

I should also add that my estradiol level was fine at 21.1 (normal range is 7.6-42.6).
  3. New Member
    Stats
    5'2"  165 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    92.15%

Nothing? I should have added that my LH and FSH levels were both on the very low end of the range-

Test, Serum 320 (348-1197)
    LH 2.4 (1.7-8.6)
    FSH 2.1 (1.5-12.4)
    Estradiol 21.1 (7.6-42.6)

From searching around other forums it seems like running the Nolva should help, so I'm going to start it tonight and hope for the best before seeing an endocrinologist.
    •   

4. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    17.05%

Things that will lower your total testosterone value for your bloodwork.

- Drinking alcohol (moderate to heavy usage especially the night before)
    - Lack of sleep
    - Doing your bloodwork later in the day (total serum testosterone levels are highest early in the morning)
    - Taking pain meds

Not sure if any of these were the case when you got tested. If so, you might want to get re-tested. Also, you might want to stop all extra supplements you are taking a week prior to testing.
  5. New Member
    Stats
    5'2"  165 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    92.15%

Quote Originally Posted by TShoot View Post
    Things that will lower your total testosterone value for your bloodwork.

- Drinking alcohol (moderate to heavy usage especially the night before)
    - Lack of sleep
    - Doing your bloodwork later in the day (total serum testosterone levels are highest early in the morning)
    - Taking pain meds

Not sure if any of these were the case when you got tested. If so, you might want to get re-tested. Also, you might want to stop all extra supplements you are taking a week prior to testing.
    Unfortunately I don't think I did any of those things- I rarely drink, probably had one beer a couple nights earlier; got my normal amount of sleep (7hrs or so), and had the test first thing in the morning. The supplements I took the prior week were my multi, milk thistle, coq10 and fish oil- all of which I take continuously. I did take eca a few times on my burn days- I'll make sure not to do next time.

I'm definitely getting retested. I'm running nolva for the next few weeks now and will take a week off from it (and eca) before my next test. Sucks tho, my results were so low that I'm not really sure what the best approach is. I'll just have to see how much/if they improve and go from there.

Sent from my SGH-I897 using Tapatalk 2
  6. Elite Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    36.46%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

Current symptoms?
    This tells me nothing with a bunch of numbers
    I am not a medical Dr, please keep in mind that this answer is for information purposes only, and is not intended to diagnose, treat or replace sound medical advice from your physician or health care provider.
  7. New Member
    Stats
    5'2"  165 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    92.15%

Quote Originally Posted by The Matrix View Post
    Current symptoms?
    This tells me nothing with a bunch of numbers
    Libido has been an issue for a while now. Didn't think much of it since I'm not in a relationship now, but I realized just how low it was when I ran daa last and just felt so much better

8. Elite Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    36.46%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

Quote Originally Posted by PintSizPopeye View Post
    Libido has been an issue for a while now. Didn't think much of it since I'm not in a relationship now, but I realized just how low it was when I ran daa last and just felt so much better

Could be something totally unrelated to hormones which may be the cause of why your levels are low.
    neurotransmitters, gi, toxcity, stress, adrenals, thyroid, ect all need to be evaluated..SLEEP deprivation.
    I am not a medical Dr, please keep in mind that this answer is for information purposes only, and is not intended to diagnose, treat or replace sound medical advice from your physician or health care provider.
  9. New Member
    Stats
    5'2"  165 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    92.15%

Quote Originally Posted by The Matrix View Post
    Could be something totally unrelated to hormones which may be the cause of why your levels are low.
    neurotransmitters, gi, toxcity, stress, adrenals, thyroid, ect all need to be evaluated..SLEEP deprivation.
    I re evaluated my diet and my protein intake was high so I've recently lowered my protein and raised my carbs or fat depending on the day. I'd be surprised if that was the only reason for the low test, but I'm sure it at least played some role in it. I'm going to hold off until after my next test before considering seeing a doctor for it. While I'm at it ill try a harder to squeeze in a little more sleep. I took cjc/ghrp last year and slept noticeably better, I'm thinking that may be worth doing again. Maybe these changes will boost it enough to make a difference. I'm definitely kicking myself now for not getting a tests done a long time ago.

Sent from my ICS powered Touchpad

Similar Forum Threads

1. Got low test. Looking for some advice
    By AusTrancer in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 07-28-2012, 01:23 PM
  2. Looking for some advice
    By Dr Liftalot in forum General Chat
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 10-19-2006, 12:36 AM
  3. just looking for some advice?
    By cpd32 in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 08-15-2005, 04:31 PM
  4. Looking for some advice
    By gabriel in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 08-01-2005, 03:45 AM
  5. Fork in Road: Looking for some advice.
    By SigEp05 in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 07-05-2005, 06:19 PM