May have met the one

  1. New Member
    53AndAging's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  236 lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    18
    Rep Power
    41
    Level
    4
    Lv. Percent
    18.36%

    May have met the one


    First, I'd like to thank Matrix for putting me on the right path. I have an appointment tomorrow with a physician in the Functional Medicine field who is open to self injection when dealing with Low T.

    I began T treatment back in July with two pumps a day of Androgel 1.62. My T was at 154 start and one month later was at 162. I then graduated to four pumps per day and my T increased to a whopping 218. In that same time period my estradiol increased from 24.1 to 38.9 (labcorp range is 7.6-42.6). Clearly I'm not headed in the right direction.

    Matrix, if this one doesn't work out I will be flying up to see you.

  2. Elite Member
    The Matrix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    5,039
    Rep Power
    7705
    Level
    48
    Lv. Percent
    36.98%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

    Quote Originally Posted by 53AndAging
    First, I'd like to thank Matrix for putting me on the right path. I have an appointment tomorrow with a physician in the Functional Medicine field who is open to self injection when dealing with Low T.

    I began T treatment back in July with two pumps a day of Androgel 1.62. My T was at 154 start and one month later was at 162. I then graduated to four pumps per day and my T increased to a whopping 218. In that same time period my estradiol increased from 24.1 to 38.9 (labcorp range is 7.6-42.6). Clearly I'm not headed in the right direction.

    Matrix, if this one doesn't work out I will be flying up to see you.
    Give this guy a chance and see how he works out. You.won't be the only one lol. Guy is flying from middle.east to.come live here.for 6 months for treatment. My presence is starting be known indirectly by Top.specialists and authors who wrote books on topics since i.am.being contacted by people they are working with to.further explore.cases. 90% of cases never require medications. Ones that do are being supervised by drs. Open minded drs i just give them some things to think about with some.recommendations. They are the ones who have final say. Im just the metabolic detective looking for hidden imbalances. Drs look on one dimensions plan i look.on 3d plan..
    I am not a medical Dr, please keep in mind that this answer is for information purposes only, and is not intended to diagnose, treat or replace sound medical advice from your physician or health care provider.
  3. New Member
    53AndAging's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  236 lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    18
    Rep Power
    41
    Level
    4
    Lv. Percent
    18.36%

    Quote Originally Posted by The Matrix View Post
    Give this guy a chance and see how he works out. You.won't be the only one lol. Guy is flying from middle.east to.come live here.for 6 months for treatment. My presence is starting be known indirectly by Top.specialists and authors who wrote books on topics since i.am.being contacted by people they are working with to.further explore.cases. 90% of cases never require medications. Ones that do are being supervised by drs. Open minded drs i just give them some things to think about with some.recommendations. They are the ones who have final say. Im just the metabolic detective looking for hidden imbalances. Drs look on one dimensions plan i look.on 3d plan..
    Met with Dr today. Best conversation I've had in person since starting down this road. She's focusing on several things right now. 1. Why is my body is taking androgel and turning it into estrogen with minimal increase in T. 2. She is also focusing on sleep issues. Possible link to higher cortisol levels at night which is wrecking havic on other hormones. Sound right to you?

    She's ordered the following tests:
    ACTH
    CRP, hs
    DHEA-Sulfate
    Dihydrotestosterone
    Estradiol
    Hemoglobin A1C
    IGF-1
    Pregnenolone
    PSA
    SHBG
    T3, Free
    t4, Free
    TSH
    Vitamin B12
    Vit D 25 Hydroxy
    24 hr urine free cortisol (Says its not as good as saliva but will give her an idea if she needs to explore further).

    We are also doing an overnight pulse oximetry test. Looking into sleep apnea.

    In the end, given I'm 53 she said I might still have low T but we need to understand the underlying issues first.
    •   
       

  4. Elite Member
    The Matrix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    5,039
    Rep Power
    7705
    Level
    48
    Lv. Percent
    36.98%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

    Quote Originally Posted by 53AndAging View Post
    Met with Dr today. Best conversation I've had in person since starting down this road. She's focusing on several things right now. 1. Why is my body is taking androgel and turning it into estrogen with minimal increase in T. 2. She is also focusing on sleep issues. Possible link to higher cortisol levels at night which is wrecking havic on other hormones. Sound right to you?

    She's ordered the following tests:
    ACTH
    CRP, hs
    DHEA-Sulfate
    Dihydrotestosterone
    Estradiol
    Hemoglobin A1C
    IGF-1
    Pregnenolone
    PSA
    SHBG
    T3, Free
    t4, Free
    TSH
    Vitamin B12
    Vit D 25 Hydroxy
    24 hr urine free cortisol (Says its not as good as saliva but will give her an idea if she needs to explore further).

    We are also doing an overnight pulse oximetry test. Looking into sleep apnea.

    In the end, given I'm 53 she said I might still have low T but we need to understand the underlying issues first.
    If you are using lab corp they have 4 point cortisol saliva test
    Check out my thread Lab testing and getting to the core

    I am learning new stuff which is absolutely mind blowing. It will be a huge game changer in HRT meds

    Kudos to Dr, if she interested I enjoy sharing new information with Dr's and creating new relationships
    I am not a medical Dr, please keep in mind that this answer is for information purposes only, and is not intended to diagnose, treat or replace sound medical advice from your physician or health care provider.
  5. Senior Member
    lboston's Avatar
    Stats
    5'7"  195 lbs.
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Age
    30
    Posts
    1,247
    Rep Power
    27140
    Level
    27
    Lv. Percent
    84.42%
    Achievements Posting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by 53AndAging

    Met with Dr today. Best conversation I've had in person since starting down this road. She's focusing on several things right now. 1. Why is my body is taking androgel and turning it into estrogen with minimal increase in T. 2. She is also focusing on sleep issues. Possible link to higher cortisol levels at night which is wrecking havic on other hormones. Sound right to you?

    She's ordered the following tests:
    ACTH
    CRP, hs
    DHEA-Sulfate
    Dihydrotestosterone
    Estradiol
    Hemoglobin A1C
    IGF-1
    Pregnenolone
    PSA
    SHBG
    T3, Free
    t4, Free
    TSH
    Vitamin B12
    Vit D 25 Hydroxy
    24 hr urine free cortisol (Says its not as good as saliva but will give her an idea if she needs to explore further).

    We are also doing an overnight pulse oximetry test. Looking into sleep apnea.

    In the end, given I'm 53 she said I might still have low T but we need to understand the underlying issues first.
    53-sent you a PM. Curious if you'd care to share your experience. Glad to see you're doing well!
  6. New Member
    53AndAging's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  236 lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    18
    Rep Power
    41
    Level
    4
    Lv. Percent
    18.36%

    Quote Originally Posted by lboston View Post
    53-sent you a PM. Curious if you'd care to share your experience. Glad to see you're doing well!
    PM replied to. Having additional labs pulled Monday am (fasting). Next appt is Oct 3 to review tests and decide course of action. Will keep everyone posted.
  

  
 

Similar Forum Threads

  1. I May Have Just Ordered the NEW NutraPro Flavors
    By custom in forum Nutraplanet
    Replies: 26
    Last Post: 05-12-2010, 08:41 PM
  2. Free "The One"? Have a peek inside......
    By Vitruvian in forum Company Promotions
    Replies: 307
    Last Post: 03-09-2009, 02:29 PM
  3. Replies: 138
    Last Post: 02-23-2009, 03:55 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Log in
Log in