Androgel 1.62% absorption

sh00t

Awards
Does anyone know how efficient gel vs injection is?
i.e. androgel 1.62%, 2 pumps = 40.5 mg a day x 7 days a week equals 283.5 mg in a week, but how is this compared to 283.5 mg of IM T?

So if a Dr switched a pt from gel to injectable he would prescribe less, as an injection is much more efficient?

rfarns01

Awards
Does anyone know how efficient gel vs injection is?
i.e. androgel 1.62%, 2 pumps = 40.5 mg a day x 7 days a week equals 283.5 mg in a week, but how is this compared to 283.5 mg of IM T?

So if a Dr switched a pt from gel to injectable he would prescribe less, as an injection is much more efficient?
Remember you only absorp approx. 10% of the gel. So your not actually getting 284 mg per week. If you pin 284 mg of test. Cyp per week you are getting that amount. Which is way to high for TRT.

chedapalooza

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Remember you only absorp approx. 10% of the gel. So your not actually getting 284 mg per week. If you pin 284 mg of test. Cyp per week you are getting that amount. Which is way to high for TRT.
Was shocked when I just got switched from the 2mg patch to 2 pumps of gel (bc of baaaad rashes) I was like omg I'm gonna be in the thousands for test lol.

Do u know if it can be applied over tattoos? :/ I'm all done up on upper arms and shoulders... Dr said to apply to stomach... But label is explicit in saying Not to.. Sooo what do I do!? Thanks!