Very high T, veriococele, low libido, Ed... Confused

Aldente88

Awards
I read through alot of the forums, because I thought I had the symptoms of low T, and I was blown away by some of the knowledge you people have on here so I figured I would reach out and get some advice.

I was Diagnosed with veriococele at young age. Had embolization surgery in middle school. Stopped going to urologist in HS. Now, 24 years old with symptoms of ED and complete loss of libido.

This made me want to see a urologist again. Had those bedroom symptoms, along with other symptoms that coincide with low testosterone (and veriococele being a damage to the testes). I experienced slight anxiety/depression which is strange for me, fatigue, no gains from lifting, issues gettin it up, and no libido. If the wind would blow, I would get rock hard. Recently, I have no desire to masterbate and the last 2 times I did/ tried I went limp or couldn't even get fully erect.

So I went to the urologist and he said my surgery did not work, I have a stage 3 veriococele (the worst) and he did little blood work.

TSH - 1.15 (.4-4.5) range
Prolactin - 11.2 (2.0-18) range
Testosterone - 1172 (241-827) range. *high

Reading through the other forums I know that I need to get alot of other things tested by blood work. But I am completely confused, how the hell is my test so damn high, but I am having these issues? Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

I am 24, 6'0 170 pounds. Fairly healthy, I workout alot. But I have always been a string bean, just get ripped and can't ever put on mass.

Aldente88

Awards
Update... Would appreciate it if anyone could chime in.

Forgot to mention I have been having sleeping problems for a few months. Wake up between 1-5 am at least once every night. But usually it's a few times a night and I can't go back to sleep for an hour or so. Tired and brain foggy probably due to lack of sleep.

The dr. Also said my levels look great and thinks a sex therapist should be my next step. I mentioned free T, estradiol, cortisol, dht, dhea, and shbg, but he said that judging from my last test results he doesn't think there is a need to test those.

I'm pissed off, tired, and desperate

ripped_one

Awards
  • Established
It's not just hormones that causes issues. It's also mental too. When I got divorced I was pretty bad off for 3-4 months, and took about 6 months to really come back. Sex drive that is.

bigguyn10ec

bigguyn10ec

Awards
  • Established
Anxiety will be a huge factor for all this too.

Aldente88

Awards
Thanks fr the replies. I know that those may be a factor, but I didn't think it would be a factor when I am taking care of business on my own. That's what makes me think that there is more to the story...

vassille

Awards
Thanks fr the replies. I know that those may be a factor, but I didn't think it would be a factor when I am taking care of business on my own. That's what makes me think that there is more to the story...
Without not knowing how much free test you have hard to figure out the cause. Also, lack of sleep will create issues with many of your hormons including HGH, IGF etc. I think that you should look first into the reason you dont sleep that;s a big problem! THen when that is resolved get back to the other tests Or do both if you can afford it. But sleep is a bitch if it's out of wack.

Technologist

Awards
I read through alot of the forums, because I thought I had the symptoms of low T, and I was blown away by some of the knowledge you people have on here so I figured I would reach out and get some advice.

I was Diagnosed with veriococele at young age. Had embolization surgery in middle school. Stopped going to urologist in HS. Now, 24 years old with symptoms of ED and complete loss of libido.

This made me want to see a urologist again. Had those bedroom symptoms, along with other symptoms that coincide with low testosterone (and veriococele being a damage to the testes). I experienced slight anxiety/depression which is strange for me, fatigue, no gains from lifting, issues gettin it up, and no libido. If the wind would blow, I would get rock hard. Recently, I have no desire to masterbate and the last 2 times I did/ tried I went limp or couldn't even get fully erect.

So I went to the urologist and he said my surgery did not work, I have a stage 3 veriococele (the worst) and he did little blood work.

TSH - 1.15 (.4-4.5) range
Prolactin - 11.2 (2.0-18) range
Testosterone - 1172 (241-827) range. *high

Reading through the other forums I know that I need to get alot of other things tested by blood work. But I am completely confused, how the hell is my test so damn high, but I am having these issues? Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

I am 24, 6'0 170 pounds. Fairly healthy, I workout alot. But I have always been a string bean, just get ripped and can't ever put on mass.
Were you injured as it a traumatic epididymitis? Many people have varicocele's with no pain or problems and the high test levels could be completely unrelated. One testosterone test is not enough to form a solid diagnosis. I would have your test, free testosterone and estradiol E2 checked again as estrogen dominance can give you ED, loss of libido, mood swings, bloating, big time anxiety and it makes it very hard to put on muscle. Low dose Arimidex (Anastrozole) can fix that if you can find a doc that will prescribe it if it's really needed.

I think I read in your other post something about being brain foggy. When your doc did your Blood test he also probably checked your Hematocrit and Hemoglobin levels and see if they're both in the "high" range or very upper limits of the normal range. Some docs are idiots and never add the two together to see if your blood is too thick as its sort of rare but not with "high test" levels as it becomes very common. With test levels that high full time, polycythemia or at least some of the symptoms become likely and that can give the brain fog and sleep problems. Not saying you have any of this but it's worth checking on.

See if your hemoglobin is >17 and Hematocrit is over >50

Your blood normally thickens linearly but once you're hemoglobin and Hematocrit reach a higher level the thickening becomes exponential and blood flow in your brain is the first to slow. Capillaries are the smallest blood vessels in the body. Brain capillaries are very tight with almost no holes to protect fragile brain tissue. Once your blood reaches a certain viscosity people get brain fog, dizziness and even paroxysmal positional vertigo. Drop the viscosity and brain function returns to normal.

If that's the case you can donate blood at the Red Cross to correct the thick blood issue. If your doc is a dick you can simply walk into the red cross and ask to donate blood. Don't admit to any health problems, recent tattoo's or any of the dis-qualifier questions. Before you donate they will check your Hemoglobin with a simple pin prick. If its over >15 donate (you can change your mind before actually donating) but if its over 17 definitely donate but do whatever it takes to get your doc to see if your Hematocrit is also over 50 because donating blood may be needed a dozen times a year to keep those levels in the safe range.

BTW: The way to donate 12 times a year instead of 6 is to Donate at the Red Cross and a private hospital for inter-hospital blood needs as they don't cross check. Target Hemoglobin is about 16 but no need to donate if it's below 15.

Quote:

Although much of the clinical focus has been on anemia as a condition where there is a lack of hemoglobin, there are also problems at the high end. The most notable consequence is increased blood viscosity.

Several studies have proven that the relation between hemoglobin and blood viscosity is linear when the hematocrit is <0.50 (equivalent to a hemoglobin value of 160 g/L). Above this hemoglobin concentration, the relation becomes exponential, which means that a small increase in hemoglobin or hematocrit results in a large increase in viscosity. Once hemoglobin concentrations reach 180 g/L, the blood viscosity reaches a level that impairs microcirculation and an inadequate amount of oxygen is transported to tissues, similar to the cases of severe anemia."