Which blood tests for TRT?

F

freefallin

Awards
I'm planning on doing TRT and since insurance won't be covering it (where i am), i'm on my own. I have adequate knowledge on how to go about TRT but the thing that im stuck at is Blood Work. More specifically...What are the "important" tests that i should do (lets say every 3 months) just to see if everything is OK?
Now i know the standard recommended blood work...which is the following:

Total Testosterone
Free Testosterone
SHBG
DHT
Estradiol (E2)
LH-Luteneizing Hormone
FSH-Folicle stimulating hormone
Prolactin
Cortisol
Thyroid Panel
CBC-complete blood count
Comprehensive Metabolic Panel
Lipid profile/panel

But i'm sure there are a lot (or some) tests on the list that will not be necessary to do for TRT purposes. I don't really mind doing all of them but since i'm paying for it, it will add up to a lot of $$. So i am wondering what are the essential tests?

Thanks for any input guys!

The Matrix

The Matrix

Awards
  • Established
I'm planning on doing TRT and since insurance won't be covering it (where i am), i'm on my own. I have adequate knowledge on how to go about TRT but the thing that im stuck at is Blood Work. More specifically...What are the "important" tests that i should do (lets say every 3 months) just to see if everything is OK?
Now i know the standard recommended blood work...which is the following:

Total Testosterone
Free Testosterone
SHBG
DHT
Estradiol (E2)
LH-Luteneizing Hormone
FSH-Folicle stimulating hormone
Prolactin
Cortisol
Thyroid Panel
CBC-complete blood count
Comprehensive Metabolic Panel
Lipid profile/panel

But i'm sure there are a lot (or some) tests on the list that will not be necessary to do for TRT purposes. I don't really mind doing all of them but since i'm paying for it, it will add up to a lot of $$. So i am wondering what are the essential tests?

Thanks for any input guys!
How old are you and are you being adminstered testosterone via a Dr and not self administering (which I do not recommend)

F

freefallin

Awards
How old are you and are you being adminstered testosterone via a Dr and not self administering (which I do not recommend)
self administering

Stats:
Height: 6'5
Weight: 200lb
Bf: %14

Total test: 387
E2: 13.7
That's all i tested for

According to the lab... 160-729ng/dl is the normal range. Needless to say, its stupid. So im doing this by myself.

The Matrix

The Matrix

Awards
  • Established
Could be making matters worse..I seen this happen too often. People think they know HRT, but they forget about the other issues which can be contributing factors. They come crying back "my hormones are perfect, but I still feel like crap whats wrong with me !!"