Filling Testosterone Cypionate Prescription

1. Filling Testosterone Cypionate Prescription

I've been having my testosterone cypionate prescription filled at The Apothecary Shop for a few years. They recently changed their name to Avella Specialty Pharmacy.

Around the same time as the name change, I was told that the pharmacy could no longer provide the "big" vials of testosterone and that I would be limited to receiving one tiny vial at a time (sorry, can't remember specific volumes off the top of my head). This is really annoying as the tiny vials don't last long.

When I ordered my last re-fill, I specifically asked whether the change was a change in the law or a change in the pharmacy's internal policy. The customer service rep tried to avoid my question a few times, but she finally admitted that it was a change initiated by the chief pharmacist and not by any changes to the law. My theory is the chief pharmacist is trying to avoid liability for filling prescriptions for folks who are using testosterone illegally.

I'm tired of having to re-fill my prescription every 2.5 weeks, so I'd like to transfer my prescription to another mail order pharmacy that will fill a prescription using the large vials. Any recommendations?

2. Hey there Steve99,
    I ran into the same problem with Walgreens , a retail Pharmacy here in Arizona. I made a request through my Dr. That they only dispense in a certain quantity for a 90 day supply. Before researching the brands that Walgreens carries they can always order specific Generics which with Watson's Test Cypionate , I asked my Dr. too request for a 90-day supply for " financial benefits" which forced Walgreens too Supply me with a 2,000ml Vial or 1,000ml I forgot but it's a large bottle as I take 100ml/1mg a week. It works really well. Anyways, depending on what type of insurance you have there should be a mail order for Pharmacy Benefits, I recommend Costco Pharmacies Delivery Service as well as Blue Cross Blue Shields Pharmacy Benefit Manager (PBM) is very legit they are called Optumrx, the other Pharmacy benefit manager contracted with UnitedHealthcare is MedRx and their delivery device is probably the best I have ever received when i worked for the University. Hope this helps , know this is an older post but the infor provided is current.
    •   

3. Quote Originally Posted by steve999 View Post
    I've been having my testosterone cypionate prescription filled at The Apothecary Shop for a few years. They recently changed their name to Avella Specialty Pharmacy.

Around the same time as the name change, I was told that the pharmacy could no longer provide the "big" vials of testosterone and that I would be limited to receiving one tiny vial at a time (sorry, can't remember specific volumes off the top of my head). This is really annoying as the tiny vials don't last long.

When I ordered my last re-fill, I specifically asked whether the change was a change in the law or a change in the pharmacy's internal policy. The customer service rep tried to avoid my question a few times, but she finally admitted that it was a change initiated by the chief pharmacist and not by any changes to the law. My theory is the chief pharmacist is trying to avoid liability for filling prescriptions for folks who are using testosterone illegally.

I'm tired of having to re-fill my prescription every 2.5 weeks, so I'd like to transfer my prescription to another mail order pharmacy that will fill a prescription using the large vials. Any recommendations?
    Have your Dr specify to fill script as written, that's what my Dr does and I still get the 10ml vial. They tried the 1ml switcharoo on me and I went back to the Dr and complained
    My dr also writes my t4 for no generic substitute, he believes generic thyroid isn't as good brand name.

4. Can't do this if you use health insurance (it might be the specific company). Aetna and UHC restrict controlled substances, like Testosterone, to exactly what you need for a month.
    May I suggest using this app to track your bloodwork tests:
    myBloodTracker for IPhone and IPad
    https://appsto.re/us/vvMndb.i

5. My doctor wrote the script with this in mind. 2ml per 14 days @200mg/ml and told me if the Pharmacy tries any BS, to call him and he'd have a word about it with them.
    VEIN NUTRITION - PREMIUM BODYBUILDING SUPPLEMENTS
    CLICK ME > VEIN NUTRITION : USE "JUST410" for 10% OFF
    IG: @VeinNutrition
    •   

6. This is being done by insurance companies because it makes a hell of a lot more money, so bigger places like Walgreens and Rite Aid are on board around here, only carrying the small 1ml vials. The doctor can call, but it won't make any difference as this is what they carry.

Unfortunately, unless paying cash, I don't know of a way to get around this. I buy mine direct from my doc.

7. Tough issue, a lot of times this is out of the providers hands. If using insurance you are at the whim of their agenda, which usually is not in your favor

Dr B

8. Just thought I would post in here on this thread since I'm a pharmacy student. You can request your pharmacist to do a therapeutic substitution. You don't even really need to call the doc; the pharmacist can do it for you. Problem is if your dealing with CVS or Walgreens, they really don't like for their pharmacists to do it b/c its added liability and when you work there they pay for your malpractice insurance.
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. what is 1-testosterone cypionate
    By bigrich954rr in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 02-24-2014, 01:35 PM
  2. Testosterone Cypionate.....Questions, please help!
    By Scorpion1234 in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 09-17-2007, 08:00 PM
  3. Testosterone cypionate and deca
    By BigTx19 in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 12-09-2006, 12:40 AM
  4. 1-Testosterone Cypionate
    By v-force700 in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 01-04-2004, 11:21 PM
  5. Testosterone Cypionate Transdermal