mens health chicago
- 08-05-2012, 09:22 AM
- 08-05-2012, 02:27 PM
I am not a medical Dr, please keep in mind that this answer is for information purposes only, and is not intended to diagnose, treat or replace sound medical advice from your physician or health care provider.
- 09-27-2012, 05:05 PM
It's not a "clinic". I use them myself as a primary MD as well as TRT. They are 100% legit and the docs are very knowledgable. Highly recommended and they do accept insurance, but depending what you are looking for there are some downfalls. First; TRT is their SECONDARY specialty as they are indeed a primary care clinic catering only to men. I have gone there for medical issues outside of TRT; including getting my flu shot for work, and when I got bronchitis. As far as TRT... here's what you can expect from them:
1. Regular blood work. Blood work is drawn in house (no going to Labcorp).
2. No script for self dosing- you have to go there weekly. I have found them willing to work with me when I can't come in due to work travel however it is expected that you go in unless there is some reasonable issue which they will help you overcome and still keep up with your regimen. Forget walking out with a script and going back when you need another. I live 5 miles away so I have no problems stopping by once a week and I find it more comfortable that way; but I have done self injections when I have to go out of town for work. They provide the necessary paperwork so flying isn't an issue even overseas that require advance notice by local government (Australia).
3. They are a true TRT clinic- unless you truly need it (per blood work) you won't get it.... some have tried that I personally know and failed.
4. They have studied TRT significantly and do follow up with anti-estrogen, HCG, ect. You can expect a "partial physical" every week when you go in as I call it. Check blood pressure, temp, quick screen of any issues you may be having (both TRT and not TRT issues/concerns). I like this as I know the doc is on top of it every week.
5. If you don't have insurance- they are more expensive than any other place in the area. There is one full time doc and site, and two others part time which practice at local hospitals also in the Chicagoland area.
That's about all I can say. I recommend the place... and no I don't work there, know anyone there outside of my doc, etc. I'm just a patient for both TRT as well as when something else is needed. Think of the place as the same thing as a women's clinic but for men.
Feel free to PM me if you have any questions. I'm in the Schaumburg area.
P.S. They have smoking hot nurses there as a bonus. :-)
Similar Forum Threads
- By bigbone62 in forum Training ForumReplies: 1Last Post: 05-25-2009, 10:43 PM
- By yeahright in forum Nutrition / HealthReplies: 1Last Post: 06-09-2006, 10:31 AM
- By yeahright in forum Nutrition / HealthReplies: 0Last Post: 05-18-2006, 01:36 AM
- By YellowJacket in forum Exercise ScienceReplies: 3Last Post: 02-08-2003, 02:44 AM