31 y/o normal LH and FSH, Low Test

JackDaniels

Awards
Going to make this nice and quick since after reading around it looks like there are some extremely intelligence people round these parts.

Disclaimer: Long story short I had to work with a diff doc since mine wasn't around and it was like pulling teeth getting the tests I got. Right now I think I have some test sample left so after I post results please tell me from highest priority what tests I should add since I only have about 3 days to add them. I obviously am going to be getting retested since there are a great deal of tests I need to get done anyway.

Test was done at 5pm. Don't drink alcohol, etc. Tough time getting to bed at night, tough waking up. Feel brain fogged. Drink coffee every day. Start feeling better around 4-6pm every day.

T4 Free 1.13 (.8 - 1.8 ng/dL)
T3 Total 99 (60-181)
T3-Uptake 35.1 (22.5 - 37%)
Thyroxine 8.1 (4.5 - 10.9)
FTI 2.8 (1.5-3.9)
TSH 3rd Gen .63 (.4-4.5 uIU/mL)

Test Total 330 (300-1100)
Test Free 64 (47-244)
Test Percent Free 1.9% (1.6-2.9%)
SHBG 29 (11 -80 nmol/L)

FSH 4.2 (1.4-18.1)
LH 4.3 (1.5 - 9.3)
Albumin 5.2 (3.6 -5.3)
Calcium 10.2 (8.6-10.4)
Potassium 3.9 (3.5 -5.5)
Cortisol 11.8 (3-22.4)
Vit D 35 (30-100)

Cholesterol 182 (125 - 200)

Obvious are estradiol, prolactin, dheas. Zinc? Iodine? Iron/ferritin?

Thanks guys...I have been spending HOURS on end figuring this one out but for some reason I think there is a serious deficiency somewhere or serious adrenal fatigue.

JackDaniels

Awards
I was thinking if there was a way to ask this question differently but I must say after searching the forum no one has had a very similar issue.

Thanks to anyone that can shed some light on the subject.

JackDaniels

Awards
Am I posting in the wrong area of the forum?

The Matrix

The Matrix

Awards
  • Established
Going to make this nice and quick since after reading around it looks like there are some extremely intelligence people round these parts.

Disclaimer: Long story short I had to work with a diff doc since mine wasn't around and it was like pulling teeth getting the tests I got. Right now I think I have some test sample left so after I post results please tell me from highest priority what tests I should add since I only have about 3 days to add them. I obviously am going to be getting retested since there are a great deal of tests I need to get done anyway.

Test was done at 5pm. Don't drink alcohol, etc. Tough time getting to bed at night, tough waking up. Feel brain fogged. Drink coffee every day. Start feeling better around 4-6pm every day.

T3 Total 99 (60-181)
FTI 2.8 (1.5-3.9)

Test Free 64 (47-244)
SHBG 29 (11 -80 nmol/L)

FSH 4.2 (1.4-18.1)
LH 4.3 (1.5 - 9.3)
Albumin 5.2 (3.6 -5.3)
Calcium 10.2 (8.6-10.4)
Potassium 3.9 (3.5 -5.5)
Cortisol 11.8 (3-22.4)
Vit D 35 (30-100)

Thanks guys...I have been spending HOURS on end figuring this one out but for some reason I think there is a serious deficiency somewhere or serious adrenal fatigue.
Pm me your location and see if I can find you a competent DR who will look into the root cause of things. The secret you need to look at potenial pathology of the cause. I work with several different Drs in the united states who look at the person as a whole rather then just looking at one area. Currently I have a few Drs who are mentoring (teaching and educating) with me to help bring them up to speak with lastest cutting edge approaches. I can see multiple things going on which are starting a whole casacade of events. Your vitamin D is low optimal 70-80. Cortisol is in the dumper (need 24 hour saliva) you need to find out why and what is causing this, your thyroid is ok, but could use alittle help. As you address the root cause which probably is inflammation which is compromising the immune system as well as the neurotransmitters which causes alteration in thyroid and sex hormones. It is not rocket science to figure out as I do this on a daily basis cases which are much more complex. You are on the right track, but do not get side track looking at the obvious. The secret is to look for the least obvious is where you will find your answers.

JackDaniels

Awards
Pm me your location and see if I can find you a competent DR who will look into the root cause of things. The secret you need to look at potenial pathology of the cause. I work with several different Drs in the united states who look at the person as a whole rather then just looking at one area. Currently I have a few Drs who are mentoring (teaching and educating) with me to help bring them up to speak with lastest cutting edge approaches. I can see multiple things going on which are starting a whole casacade of events. Your vitamin D is low optimal 70-80. Cortisol is in the dumper (need 24 hour saliva) you need to find out why and what is causing this, your thyroid is ok, but could use alittle help. As you address the root cause which probably is inflammation which is compromising the immune system as well as the neurotransmitters which causes alteration in thyroid and sex hormones. It is not rocket science to figure out as I do this on a daily basis cases which are much more complex. You are on the right track, but do not get side track looking at the obvious. The secret is to look for the least obvious is where you will find your answers.
Thanks Matrix. I am going to see a competent Dr. tomorrow who is going to repull my blood and do a complete vitamin and nutrient spectrum. I am also going to receive original test estradiol, dhea-s, and prolactin figures from my original pull. My reg. DR is actually pretty awesome although he was away and had his associate, who is a complete and utter moron (everything is normal!!), administer the test.

If iron overload, selenium/iodine/zinc deficiencies are ruled out, then there has to be something going on with the adrenals.

Do you agree that the FSH and LH are fairly optimal? I cannot believe test is that low. Maybe my lack of quality sleep is draining my cortisol.

The Matrix

The Matrix

Awards
  • Established
Thanks Matrix. I am going to see a competent Dr. tomorrow who is going to repull my blood and do a complete vitamin and nutrient spectrum. I am also going to receive original test estradiol, dhea-s, and prolactin figures from my original pull. My reg. DR is actually pretty awesome although he was away and had his associate, who is a complete and utter moron (everything is normal!!), administer the test.

If iron overload, selenium/iodine/zinc deficiencies are ruled out, then there has to be something going on with the adrenals.

Do you agree that the FSH and LH are fairly optimal? I cannot believe test is that low. Maybe my lack of quality sleep is draining my cortisol.
BINGO JACK,
You hit it on the head, sleep quality is the majority of the issue in america today. Even if you have bad sleep you need to find out why and address it from the root cause.

JackDaniels

Awards
BINGO JACK,
You hit it on the head, sleep quality is the majority of the issue in america today. Even if you have bad sleep you need to find out why and address it from the root cause.
I am not able to send private messages. I ended up not going to the new doc as I want to continue working my my current doc. I am sure he will be open to redrawing everything. How can I find a list of docs you work with in the tri-state area?

The Matrix

The Matrix

Awards
  • Established
I am not able to send private messages. I ended up not going to the new doc as I want to continue working my my current doc. I am sure he will be open to redrawing everything. How can I find a list of docs you work with in the tri-state area?
Im in Philadelphia area, I belong to the largest integrative medicine organization in nj pa de. Just had meeting with top drs in.tri state area

JackDaniels

Awards
Im in Philadelphia area, I belong to the largest integrative medicine organization in nj pa de. Just had meeting with top drs in.tri state area
Looks like my cortisol is fairly normal for 5pm. Looks right in line.....going to get estradiol, DHEA-s, prolactin this week then do a re-test and a 24 hour saliva test. Can you recommend a good test?

What other nutrients should i keep an eye out for? Selenium, iron/ferritin, zinc, b vitamins, get the D up?

Can you direct me to a website?

JackDaniels

Awards
Looks like my cortisol is fairly normal for 5pm. Looks right in line.....going to get estradiol, DHEA-s, prolactin this week then do a re-test and a 24 hour saliva test. Can you recommend a good test?

What other nutrients should i keep an eye out for? Selenium, iron/ferritin, zinc, b vitamins, get the D up?

The Matrix

The Matrix

Awards
  • Established

PM me

JackDaniels

Awards

T3 Total 99 (60-181)
FTI 2.8 (1.5-3.9)

Test Free 64 (47-244)
SHBG 29 (11 -80 nmol/L)

FSH 4.2 (1.4-18.1)
LH 4.3 (1.5 - 9.3)
Albumin 5.2 (3.6 -5.3)
Calcium 10.2 (8.6-10.4)
Potassium 3.9 (3.5 -5.5)
Cortisol 11.8 (3-22.4)
Vit D 35 (30-100)

Estradiol 24.4 (<39.8)

Prolactin 5.2 (2.1-17.7(

VERY VERY WEIRD. Getting re-drawn; what should I look for now?

The Matrix

The Matrix

Awards
  • Established
Estradiol 24.4 (<39.8)

Prolactin 5.2 (2.1-17.7(

VERY VERY WEIRD. Getting re-drawn; what should I look for now?
Need.proper e2 testing. With out detailed information its all.speculation.

JackDaniels

Awards
UPDATE: just found out that my DHT is borderline low @ 24. Does this change anything?

The Matrix

The Matrix

Awards
  • Established
UPDATE: just found out that my DHT is borderline low @ 24. Does this change anything?
Correcting testosterone, by finding underlying cause will also bring up DHT

JackDaniels

Awards
Correcting testosterone, by finding underlying cause will also bring up DHT
Someone on another forum said that my lh and fish levels indicate that my testicles are not good at producing testosterone. I thought that these levels would be significantly higher if this was the case. Am I correct?

The Matrix

The Matrix

Awards
  • Established
Their full of crap if LH was elevated then yes..There is a metabolic or enzymatic block which is preventing your T levels from rising. I see it all the time..

JackDaniels

Awards
Their full of crap if LH was elevated then yes..There is a metabolic or enzymatic block which is preventing your T levels from rising. I see it all the time..
I agree with you 100% - I can almost feel it - it almost feels like a deficiency or inflammation. I am getting my sleep back in order which is step #1. I also noticed my T3 is low. I guess I should test for fT3 and rT3 next time i get tested. This kinda looks like low T3 syndrome.

JackDaniels

Awards
BTW I also notice it is EXTREMELY difficult to lose fat - could this be insulin resistance or prob related to my low T3?

The Matrix

The Matrix

Awards
  • Established
BTW I also notice it is EXTREMELY difficult to lose fat - could this be insulin resistance or prob related to my low T3?
Improper sleep patterns.--------> insulin resistance In these situation I run a neurotransmitter sleep profile to see what is going on at the time when the problem is occuring. Correcting these imbalances helps resolve majority of the symptoms. You may even want to have Dr do a sleep study test. I have people use the M1 which is a non evasive sleep device which can give you more information then on needs for identifying sleep apnea or I use it to help Drs patients who are on CPAP machine to fine tune them which has been found to help resolve lingering issues. SLEEP HYGIENE is the top thing I work on with people and by correcting this help cortisol, thyroid, testosterone, insulin, ect to be restored to a natural balance. Again there is a lot of work in to ruling things out with proper testing, but in the end its well worth it. Remember just because you sleep does not mean its doing the body good. In some sleep studies I had Dr run I found the person was sleeping 8 hours, but only getting a half hour of actually sleep !! No wonder they feel like crap and hormones are out. Once we modified some things they were sleeping 4-5 hours at night in proper rem sleep vs 1/2 hour. Their hormone, cortisol panels all went back into normal range. In stead of HRT focus on mastering how to correct sleep patterns for younger guys. Given them HRT and not adjusting behavior patterns is like given a diabetic permission to eat more crappy food provided they take more insulin to counter act it. What backassward approach. Then we wonder why american is going down the sh*tter when it comes to our health...

JackDaniels

Awards
Improper sleep patterns.--------> insulin resistance In these situation I run a neurotransmitter sleep profile to see what is going on at the time when the problem is occuring. Correcting these imbalances helps resolve majority of the symptoms. You may even want to have Dr do a sleep study test. I have people use the M1 which is a non evasive sleep device which can give you more information then on needs for identifying sleep apnea or I use it to help Drs patients who are on CPAP machine to fine tune them which has been found to help resolve lingering issues. SLEEP HYGIENE is the top thing I work on with people and by correcting this help cortisol, thyroid, testosterone, insulin, ect to be restored to a natural balance. Again there is a lot of work in to ruling things out with proper testing, but in the end its well worth it. Remember just because you sleep does not mean its doing the body good. In some sleep studies I had Dr run I found the person was sleeping 8 hours, but only getting a half hour of actually sleep !! No wonder they feel like crap and hormones are out. Once we modified some things they were sleeping 4-5 hours at night in proper rem sleep vs 1/2 hour. Their hormone, cortisol panels all went back into normal range. In stead of HRT focus on mastering how to correct sleep patterns for younger guys. Given them HRT and not adjusting behavior patterns is like given a diabetic permission to eat more crappy food provided they take more insulin to counter act it. What backassward approach. Then we wonder why american is going down the sh*tter when it comes to our health...
What type of diet would you recommend - any over the counter supplements like arginine, creatine, etc?