Lab Results are In

53AndAging

Awards
I've now been on Androgel 1.62% (2 pumps daily) for 30 days. I've been alternating between shoulders every other day. Labs were done by LabCorp as mentioned in the Anabolic forum. Total cost $55.

Results are listed below:

Test Results Range
Testosterone, Serum 162 ng/dL Low 348 - 1197
LH 0.1 mIU/mL Low 1.7 - 8.6
FSH 0.4 mIU/mL Low 1.5 - 12.4
Estradiol 24.1 pg/mL 7.6 - 42.6

All the other tests results were within normal ranges. My T levels were measured at 154 in April 2012. I do feel like I have a little more energy and my libido has improved a little but I was expecting a significant jump in T levels. GP is wanting to get me in the 500 range.

I have an appointment with my GP on Thursday. Would like some feedback and or conversations points to bring up with GP.

Thank you,

The Matrix

The Matrix

Awards
  • Established
I've now been on Androgel 1.62% (2 pumps daily) for 30 days. I've been alternating between shoulders every other day. Labs were done by LabCorp as mentioned in the Anabolic forum. Total cost $55.

Test Results Range

All the other tests results were within normal ranges. My T levels were measured at 154 in April 2012. I do feel like I have a little more energy and my libido has improved a little but I was expecting a significant jump in T levels. GP is wanting to get me in the 500 range.

I have an appointment with my GP on Thursday. Would like some feedback and or conversations points to bring up with GP.

Thank you,[/QUOTE)

Move to shots...no brainer

53AndAging

Awards

Test Results Range

Thank you,[/QUOTE)

Move to shots...no brainer
Thanks Matrix. GP agreed however she has ethical issues with self injection. Left office, stopped by local Kroger pharmacy and explained situation and what I was wanting to do with pharmacy manager. Asked for a list of doctors who are prescribing test and they promptly gave me three names. Have an appointment next Thursday with of the docs on the list. We will see what happens.

The Matrix

The Matrix

Awards
  • Established
Thanks Matrix. GP agreed however she has ethical issues with self injection. Left office, stopped by local Kroger pharmacy and explained situation and what I was wanting to do with pharmacy manager. Asked for a list of doctors who are prescribing test and they promptly gave me three names. Have an appointment next Thursday with of the docs on the list. We will see what happens.
Where are you located I have multiple Drs around the country be glad to assit if possible.

vassille

Awards

Then your GP should have not become a doctor....wtf she has ethical issue treating a problem?WOW
Dont they take a oath of some kind..lol
She selectively treats ppl's medical problems?...she should have her licence pulled for this dumb explanation. So if she encounters a diabetic she would let the person die because she is against injections?
Dumbest thing I ever heard..

The Matrix

The Matrix

Awards
  • Established
Due to lack of education taught in.medical school is the problem. Now drs are having to.learn it.all.over again on their.own

vassille

Awards
Due to lack of education taught in.medical school is the problem. Now drs are having to.learn it.all.over again on their.own
Im not sure what there is lack of here because here the big dilemma in the grand skim of things....steroids are scheduled drugs and something like insulin is not. However someone can easily die from insulin overdose which is very legal to get at any pharmacy and you really not going to die from testosterone injections!
So if a doctor with 8 years of education cant navigate through common sense aproaches then the entire medical establishment is a joke which IMHO it is with very few exceptions.
In many cases ppl who are not doctors who can apply common sense and do their research can do bettter than doctors with 8 years of medical degree that's not worth the paper is written on it.

These are the same doctors who told us that vegetables oils partially hydrogenated are better than coconut oil and butter back in the day..lol

The Matrix

The Matrix

Awards
  • Established
Im not sure what there is lack of here because here the big dilemma in the grand skim of things....steroids are scheduled drugs and something like insulin is not. However someone can easily die from insulin overdose which is very legal to get at any pharmacy and you really not going to die from testosterone injections!
So if a doctor with 8 years of education cant navigate through common sense aproaches then the entire medical establishment is a joke which IMHO it is with very few exceptions.
In many cases ppl who are not doctors who can apply common sense and do their research can do bettter than doctors with 8 years of medical degree that's not worth the paper is written on it.

These are the same doctors who told us that vegetables oils partially hydrogenated are better than coconut oil and butter back in the day..lol
Then you wonder why certain Dr's are trying to discredit me..They can try all they want because I am doing more good then harm educating medical professionals in latest approaches to dealing with simple common sense which many dr's just over look. I am even have Drs mentoring with me know so I can show them first hand. The results have been nothing but positive for both. The best part is the decrease for need for drugs for TRT and depression as well as increasing the Drs awareness. I am currently building a huge network of these professionals where they look at the root cause and not just micromanage hormones like others do.

53AndAging

Awards
Then your GP should have not become a doctor....wtf she has ethical issue treating a problem?WOW
Dont they take a oath of some kind..lol
She selectively treats ppl's medical problems?...she should have her licence pulled for this dumb explanation. So if she encounters a diabetic she would let the person die because she is against injections?
Dumbest thing I ever heard..
The issue she was having was with self-injection not the Test itself.

The Matrix

The Matrix

Awards
  • Established
Type in google functional medicine or integrative medicine then you will get a more open minded medical professional. These are the type of Dr's I associate my self with MD,DO ND who are open minded who think out side the box.

vassille

Awards
Then you wonder why certain Dr's are trying to discredit me..They can try all they want because I am doing more good then harm educating medical professionals in latest approaches to dealing with simple common sense which many dr's just over look. I am even have Drs mentoring with me know so I can show them first hand. The results have been nothing but positive for both. The best part is the decrease for need for drugs for TRT and depression as well as increasing the Drs awareness. I am currently building a huge network of these professionals where they look at the root cause and not just micromanage hormones like others do.
You right about micro-managing hormons that seems to be the current medical ideaology.

The Matrix

The Matrix

Awards
  • Established
You right about micro-managing hormons that seems to be the current medical ideaology.
Yep and its getting guys missing the whole boat of why they went to get help in the first place.

vassille

Awards
I understand but she is a doctor who suppose to have your well being in mind regardless where the injections occur, that's basically the point with most doctors they forget about the patients and let their personal beliefs get in the way of practicing medicine. I think there is stigma attached to using testosterone for medical purposes in the mind of many docs.

I think your health is in your own hands and IMHO and it is your responsibility how you want to proceed with this TRT. By doing a lot of research you will find that 9 out of 10 times you will be at odds with your doc. Personally before I go to the doctor, I know what I have and what treatment to follow. THis way I can have an inteligent conv with the doc and I dont have issues at times gently pointing him in the right direction if he starts to wonder around in his aproach.
But if the doctor and you are way apart then is time to move on like in your case with the injection.

vassille

Awards
Yep and its getting guys missing the whole boat of why they went to get help in the first place.
True, and many ppl dont need to be on TRT. They have other issues and would end up treating the symptom not the cause.
Look, there are a boat load of ppl in the gym who do not get results from working out and it's not the testosterone that would mean 90% of ppl have test issues but they dont . It's other things like nutrition, digestion, poor food selection, or some other internal unbalance that frustrates so many.

The Matrix

The Matrix

Awards
  • Established
True, and many ppl dont need to be on TRT. They have other issues and would end up treating the symptom not the cause.
Look, there are a boat load of ppl in the gym who do not get results from working out and it's not the testosterone that would mean 90% of ppl have test issues but they dont . It's other things like nutrition, digestion, poor food selection, or some other internal unbalance that frustrates so many.
Very well said and people are starting to finally getting the message. It is hard work on both the medical profession as well as the person. In the end knowing the reason why you are having issues then addressing will result in long term gratification not short term satisfaction.