Low Testosterone/FSH/LH? - Lab Results: next steps? Please Help!

Dubby78

Awards
I am a male in his early 30's, with low libido, a belly that just won't go away, regular night sweats, and foggy mind finding it hard to concentrate. So I suspect I have low testosterone / hypogonadism. I have never ever taken and type of steroid, but had taken Finasteride/Propecia for hair loss for a few weeks (even though around 10 years ago), so that is a possible cause. Outside of this, I can't think of any direct causes... possibly I just have naturaly low levels. I try to watch both my diet and alcohol intake, and exercise a few times a week. Its very frustrating!

I got some lab results a while ago (highlights of which you can see below). The Doctor told me everything is in line, but doing some research online myself, I disagree with him, and know my Testosterone levels are too low, and I am guessing this is being triggered by my low levels of FSH and LH. My Cortisol and Oestradiol levels both look relatively high.

Should I consider getting a Pituary scan, as maybe there is an issue there? I am staring to take 25mgs of Clomid every second day, and I am considering incorporating PES Erase every second day also (as a natural Aromatase Inhibitor). I don't want to go on TRT, as I am trying to have a kid, and generally see that as a last resort.

I am not happy with my Doctors feedback, so I would really value anyone's opinion on this? Results as follows....

Main Results:
TESTOSTERONE 11.9 nmol/L (Normal Range 7.6 - 31.4)
FOLLICLE STIM. HORMONE 2.7 IU/L (Normal Range 1.5 - 12.4)
LUTEINISING HORMONE 2.1 IU/L (Normal Range 1.7 - 8.6)
17-Beta OESTRADIOL 142 pmol/L (Normal Range 44 - 156)
CORTISOL 423 nmol/l
SEX HORMONE BINDING GLOB 18 nmol/L (Normal Range 11 - 52)
PROLACTIN 181 mIU/L (Normal Range 86 - 324)
OH Vitamin D 25 nmol/L
THYROID STIMULATING HORMONE 3.06 mIU/L (Normal Range 0.27 - 4.2)
FREE THYROXINE 17.0 pmol/l (Normal Range 12.0 - 22.0)

Other results outside of normal range:
MCHC: 35.7 g/dl (Normal Range 30-35)
Eosinophils: 0.60 (Normal Range 0.0 - 0.4)
CK : 353 IU/L (Normal Range 38-204)
PHOSPHATE 1.64 nmol/L (Normal 0.87 - 1.45)

The Matrix

The Matrix

Awards
  • Established
I am a male in his early 30's, with low libido, a belly that just won't go away, regular night sweats, and foggy mind finding it hard to concentrate. So I suspect I have low testosterone / hypogonadism. I have never ever taken and type of steroid, but had taken Finasteride/Propecia for hair loss for a few weeks (even though around 10 years ago), so that is a possible cause. Outside of this, I can't think of any direct causes... possibly I just have naturaly low levels. I try to watch both my diet and alcohol intake, and exercise a few times a week. Its very frustrating!

I got some lab results a while ago (highlights of which you can see below). The Doctor told me everything is in line, but doing some research online myself, I disagree with him, and know my Testosterone levels are too low, and I am guessing this is being triggered by my low levels of FSH and LH. My Cortisol and Oestradiol levels both look relatively high.

Should I consider getting a Pituary scan, as maybe there is an issue there? I am staring to take 25mgs of Clomid every second day, and I am considering incorporating PES Erase every second day also (as a natural Aromatase Inhibitor). I don't want to go on TRT, as I am trying to have a kid, and generally see that as a last resort.

I am not happy with my Doctors feedback, so I would really value anyone's opinion on this? Results as follows....

Main Results:
TESTOSTERONE 11.9 nmol/L (Normal Range 7.6 - 31.4)
FOLLICLE STIM. HORMONE 2.7 IU/L (Normal Range 1.5 - 12.4)
LUTEINISING HORMONE 2.1 IU/L (Normal Range 1.7 - 8.6)
17-Beta OESTRADIOL 142 pmol/L (Normal Range 44 - 156)
CORTISOL 423 nmol/l
SEX HORMONE BINDING GLOB 18 nmol/L (Normal Range 11 - 52)
PROLACTIN 181 mIU/L (Normal Range 86 - 324)
OH Vitamin D 25 nmol/L
THYROID STIMULATING HORMONE 3.06 mIU/L (Normal Range 0.27 - 4.2)
FREE THYROXINE 17.0 pmol/l (Normal Range 12.0 - 22.0)

Other results outside of normal range:
MCHC: 35.7 g/dl (Normal Range 30-35)
Eosinophils: 0.60 (Normal Range 0.0 - 0.4)
CK : 353 IU/L (Normal Range 38-204)
PHOSPHATE 1.64 nmol/L (Normal 0.87 - 1.45)
No matter what Drs say one needs to supplement with nutrients because you will not get them from your food as they thing. First of all I would be focusing on factors effecting thyroid before even touching testosterone. I can gaurrantee your vitamin D is in the toilet which can have a huge impact on thyroid and LH receptors. In many cases just giving the people proper nutrients the body was able to come back on line to its natural homeostasis. Drs are in the black and white area never in the gray especially from being over in UK where they are still in the cavemen area of integrative medicine. Here in the usa case similar to yours I handle on a daily basis with Dr's. There is usually something simple to what people make out to be a medical enigma.

Dubby78

Awards
No matter what Drs say one needs to supplement with nutrients because you will not get them from your food as they thing. First of all I would be focusing on factors effecting thyroid before even touching testosterone. I can gaurrantee your vitamin D is in the toilet which can have a huge impact on thyroid and LH receptors. In many cases just giving the people proper nutrients the body was able to come back on line to its natural homeostasis.
Thanks Matrix.
Sorry - I stated my Vitamin D Levels incorrectly above. It should be:
25 OH Vitamin D: 73 mol/L.
Checking this, it seems to be a reasonable number for Vitamin D, so not sure that is causing it unfortunately.
But I am sure you are right that it could be an issue with nutrients.... I just don't know where to start looking.
You are correct that Dr's are not much help on the UK, which is a shame.
I think I will get some more detailed Thyroid bloodwork done, so I can see T3 as well as T4, along with related antibodies. I understand my high TSH levels could possibly be due to low T3 levels, so I am eager to check this out next.
If there is anything else I should be checking, do let me know?
Thanks again.

The Matrix

The Matrix

Awards
  • Established
Thanks Matrix.
Sorry - I stated my Vitamin D Levels incorrectly above. It should be:
25 OH Vitamin D: 73 mol/L.
Checking this, it seems to be a reasonable number for Vitamin D, so not sure that is causing it unfortunately.
But I am sure you are right that it could be an issue with nutrients.... I just don't know where to start looking.
You are correct that Dr's are not much help on the UK, which is a shame.
I think I will get some more detailed Thyroid bloodwork done, so I can see T3 as well as T4, along with related antibodies. I understand my high TSH levels could possibly be due to low T3 levels, so I am eager to check this out next.
If there is anything else I should be checking, do let me know?
Thanks again.
FRom what I have seen in ranges top end of mol/l on vitamin D is 150 so you are at the bottle end of the range which is still low if this range holds true due to conversion.
Cortisol and ferritin levels being low can cause cellular thyroid deficiency

Dubby78

Awards
FRom what I have seen in ranges top end of mol/l on vitamin D is 150 so you are at the bottle end of the range which is still low if this range holds true due to conversion.
Cortisol and ferritin levels being low can cause cellular thyroid deficiency
Thanks Matrix... much appreciated.
I will get some Vit D supplement shortly, and also get my Thyroid levels checked in detail in the next few weeks.