List your positive effects of TRT, tone, better skin etc.

dondon

dondon

Awards
  • Established
Please list all the POSITIVE effects of TRT therapy, I know most come here with issues, but for what its worth, list any positive effects its had on your life. Thanks.

dondon

dondon

Awards
  • Established
Don't be shy, if this were a chic forum, this S**T would be full by now. I'm about to start TRT and I'm looking for some positive feedback. My friend started test therapy and he looks literally 10 years younger and he only did 200mgs a week. Did this do the same for others? or was it HGH or both?

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
For me it has been a general feeling of "completeness". I have sustained energy, a very positive outlook on things, general anxiety is gone, confidence is sky high, and I am putting on lean muscle very easily. The wife and everyone we know has made comments to me about the "something being really different" about me, in a good way. I don't talk about TRT with anyone outside of my wife- I just smile and say thanks.

I have really noticed the physical changes. I have been extremely physically fit my whole life and competed a lot in my chosen sports, so I have always been muscular and fit, but it is different now. We go to our pool and friends are like, what the hell, you are shredded. Nothing is different in my physical activity other than 150mg TRT a week and it has transformed my physical stature. When I leave a workout, I want to keep going. So now I ride my bike the 13 miles to the gym, workout, and ride it 13 back. Then I am running in the evenings. The stamina never stops.

T-Bone

T-Bone

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I don't know why so many people on this forum seem to jump into hormone replacement therapy. I want to continue making my own testosterone for as long as I live and not have to depend on a shot for the rest of my life. The only time I ever hear about TRT is on this board.

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
TRT is everywhere. It's on commercials, billboard ads, pretty much anyone I know has mentioned it or is talking about it. It could be regional, it could be the crowd you are with, the age of the crowd, etc.

Obviously, you are producing the levels that you like and do not have any reason to go on TRT. You read about it on this board because people are aware and want to make changes.

dondon

dondon

Awards
  • Established
For me it has been a general feeling of "completeness". I have sustained energy, a very positive outlook on things, general anxiety is gone, confidence is sky high, and I am putting on lean muscle very easily. The wife and everyone we know has made comments to me about the "something being really different" about me, in a good way. I don't talk about TRT with anyone outside of my wife- I just smile and say thanks.

I have really noticed the physical changes. I have been extremely physically fit my whole life and competed a lot in my chosen sports, so I have always been muscular and fit, but it is different now. We go to our pool and friends are like, what the hell, you are shredded. Nothing is different in my physical activity other than 150mg TRT a week and it has transformed my physical stature. When I leave a workout, I want to keep going. So now I ride my bike the 13 miles to the gym, workout, and ride it 13 back. Then I am running in the evenings. The stamina never stops.
Thats awesome and at only 150mg a week too!! I'm the same way, I been working out my whole life and stayed fit doing all kinds of sports etc. I'm 43 and still hang with guys half my age....I haven't done TRT as of yet, and the reason I'm doing it now is because I'm low and I'm starting to notice that getting out of bed doesn't have the same snap. I wasn't quick to jump on the TRT bandwagon, I exhausted all other resources and ED, sperm volume are all an issue...I eat clean, sleep anywhere from 7-8 hours and its just not high enough for me.

dondon

dondon

Awards
  • Established
Kisaj, did you notice fresher looking skin? tighter etc?

napalm

napalm

Awards
i've been on for 6 weeks now. the first couple weeks i didn't feel much of anything but for about the last month in no particular order:

definitely more energy

want to screw everything that walks (wife's lovin it)

able to concentrate better

sleep better, and wake up ready to go

feel great in the gym, and honestly, i think i'm recovering better

go for my first blood tests in a couple weeks, can't wait to see what my levels are...

Swanson52

Swanson52

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
i've been on for 6 weeks now. the first couple weeks i didn't feel much of anything but for about the last month in no particular order:

definitely more energy

want to screw everything that walks (wife's lovin it)

able to concentrate better

sleep better, and wake up ready to go

feel great in the gym, and honestly, i think i'm recovering better

go for my first blood tests in a couple weeks, can't wait to see what my levels are...
This is about my experience after 4 weeks. My levels are still low by the time I'm due for my next injection (per blood tests), but it'll take time to sort that out.

It feels good to WANT to get to the gym, rather than feeling as if I'm forcing myself.

Clarity of thought is another +.

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Kisaj, did you notice fresher looking skin? tighter etc?
I can't say that I really did. I've never had any problems with acne and I have pretty good skin to begin with, so if there was anything, it was subtle.

The only con that I have noticed is that I do sweat more. My body is like a furnace as soon as I start working out.

The Matrix

The Matrix

Awards
  • Established
Please list all the POSITIVE effects of TRT therapy, I know most come here with issues, but for what its worth, list any positive effects its had on your life. Thanks.
Why you look.for.why.you.needed in the first place. To.many.young people are.being condemned to trt .because of some lazy drs wanting to.ship you in and.out.of.office in 20 minutes and moving next person in.then see you.in 3.months. Next 3.months are worse then When you.came there in the first.place. For.younger guys hormones are.just expression of.deeper causes.unless.it structural.

dondon

dondon

Awards
  • Established
Why you look.for.why.you.needed in the first place. To.many.young people are.being condemned to trt .because of some lazy drs wanting to.ship you in and.out.of.office in 20 minutes and moving next person in.then see you.in 3.months. Next 3.months are worse then When you.came there in the first.place. For.younger guys hormones are.just expression of.deeper causes.unless.it structural.
I am 43, in two weeks 44 (not that young), but I did try everything, thyroid is good, shbg was normal, estradiol was normal, the only thing that was low was test. I been eating great, even avoiding any food that turns to sugar in the blood and that goes for pasta, breads etc. I sleep real good and I tried all supplements to this point with little success. I think its just time.

Swanson52

Swanson52

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
how often are you injecting?
Every 10 days. Was 150mg (test cyp), they upped it to 200mg my last visit.

I'll be 37 in a couple weeks...just an FYI.

HondaV65

HondaV65

Awards
  • Established
I am 43, in two weeks 44 (not that young), but I did try everything, thyroid is good, shbg was normal, estradiol was normal, the only thing that was low was test. I been eating great, even avoiding any food that turns to sugar in the blood and that goes for pasta, breads etc. I sleep real good and I tried all supplements to this point with little success. I think its just time.
IMO, 44 is still too young generally for TRT. I'm 50 and my last test levels came back HIGH, and I was on nothing. And when I say HIGH - I'm talking about levels that a guy in his early 20's would get excited about. All I do is lift heavy and eat a lot of meat and yeah, I do things like DAA, etc (though I wasn't on DAA during my last bloods).

Doctor's HYPE TRT. They have commercials up on the TV and the message is ... "yeah, you're getting old - and your T-Levels are going to go down!" and it's totally a self-fulfilling prophesy. They show a "before" picture of a dumpy guy with "Low-T" - and he's all depressed and tired, then an after shot of him skipping around the TV tube and thinking about the next chick he's gonna bang after he's got his TRT. So everyone falls in line for the shots.

The "down" sides? Your nuts shrivel up. If western civilization collapses and you can't get to your test - you're going to be ten times worse off because you can't produce your own test. I believe you can't father kids anymore after enough time on it.

I'm not saying that people on TRT are losers - they are not. A lot of men need to be on TRT for whatever reason - that's a fact and I don't fault them one bit for it. However, the prevailing attitude on this board seems to make TRT out to be some kind of ultimate goal. The goal, in fact, should be to stay off it for as long as humanly possible.

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
It's easy to have your attitude when you are coming back with high levels. Unfortunately, that isn't happening for the people that are posting questions about it. Yes, there is a definite need to find out underlying issues before jumping on it. It sure as hell is nice to know that it is out there as an option, though.

I don't know why it is a surprise to anyone that is in the Anti-Aging forum that TRT is a hot topic. I mean, just where do you think you are?

HondaV65

HondaV65

Awards
  • Established
It's easy to have your attitude when you are coming back with high levels. Unfortunately, that isn't happening for the people that are posting questions about it. Yes, there is a definite need to find out underlying issues before jumping on it. It sure as hell is nice to know that it is out there as an option, though.

I don't know why it is a surprise to anyone that is in the Anti-Aging forum that TRT is a hot topic. I mean, just where do you think you are?
Hot Topic? You mean that TRT is the primary anti-aging technique? I disagree. There's lots of things that we talk about in this forum - TRT is just one. Just because this is the "anti-aging" forum - does that mean everyone needs to have a favorable opinion of TRT in every case that it's used or get the hell out of here?

And yeah - it SHOULD be talked about. What I'm commenting on here is what I've observed as a general lack of curiosity among members for what CAUSES Low T. Why - at 50, do I have high levels while others in their late 30's need TRT due to low ones? If I were in my late 30's and had Low T - I'd want to know exactly why that was before jumping on TRT - and no, I would not accept ... "You're getting old" as a legitimate answer from a doctor.

Watch the threads as they come up, bro - you will find guys practically celebrating the fact that they've tested low enough to get TRT. In very few cases will you find a guy past 35 scratching his head and saying ... "Well Doc says I need TRT - but WTF? He can't tell me why!" ... people just accept the answer they're given and go for the shots.

No doubt - I will be on TRT one day - my goal is to hold out until I'm at least 70 though. Will I make it? Who knows? But I'd be on it tomorrow I'm sure if I took a negative self-defeating attitude about it.

It's just this general attitude that everything has to go downhill so fast. It's like the old guys in my gym (who are five to ten years younger than me) who say ... "Oh I'm too old to build muscle - I just come in here to maintain". And then I tell them ... "I always come in to BUILD more muscle - no ****ing doctor is going to tell me I can't build more muscle at my age!"

If you think you can't do it - you won't do it.

Again - TRT is necessary for some people ... I'm not debating that. But ... if I were in the age range of anything below age 55 I'd ask the doctor why in the hell my test fell off - is something else wrong? Matrix has it dead on the money about taking a whole body approach to finding the causes of Low-T.

T-Bone

T-Bone

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Hot Topic? You mean that TRT is the primary anti-aging technique? I disagree. There's lots of things that we talk about in this forum - TRT is just one. Just because this is the "anti-aging" forum - does that mean everyone needs to have a favorable opinion of TRT in every case that it's used or get the hell out of here?

And yeah - it SHOULD be talked about. What I'm commenting on here is what I've observed as a general lack of curiosity among members for what CAUSES Low T. Why - at 50, do I have high levels while others in their late 30's need TRT due to low ones? If I were in my late 30's and had Low T - I'd want to know exactly why that was before jumping on TRT - and no, I would not accept ... "You're getting old" as a legitimate answer from a doctor.

Watch the threads as they come up, bro - you will find guys practically celebrating the fact that they've tested low enough to get TRT. In very few cases will you find a guy past 35 scratching his head and saying ... "Well Doc says I need TRT - but WTF? He can't tell me why!" ... people just accept the answer they're given and go for the shots.

No doubt - I will be on TRT one day - my goal is to hold out until I'm at least 70 though. Will I make it? Who knows? But I'd be on it tomorrow I'm sure if I took a negative self-defeating attitude about it.

It's just this general attitude that everything has to go downhill so fast. It's like the old guys in my gym (who are five to ten years younger than me) who say ... "Oh I'm too old to build muscle - I just come in here to maintain". And then I tell them ... "I always come in to BUILD more muscle - no ****ing doctor is going to tell me I can't build more muscle at my age!"

Again - TRT is necessary for some people ... I'm not debating that. But ... if I were in the age range of anything below age 55 I'd ask the doctor why in the hell my test fell off - is something else wrong? Matrix has it dead on the money about taking a whole body approach to finding the causes of Low-T.

Totally agree. I see a lot of guys even in there 20's on here go on TRT. Its totally ridiculous. I think it maybe that these guys run a lot of steroid cycles and screw up there endocrine system early in life. Seriously I don't know why people are so eager to rely on a shot for the rest of their lives to produce testosterone. I mean are these people gonna have the same attitude 10, or even 15 years down the road?. Good luck trying to get your body to produce naturally after being on TRT for 10 to 15 years.....Once you're on TRT your on it for life. People just seem to want a quick fix and forget about the long term effects.

The Matrix

The Matrix

Awards
  • Established
IMO, 44 is still too young generally for TRT. I'm 50 and my last test levels came back HIGH, and I was on nothing. And when I say HIGH - I'm talking about levels that a guy in his early 20's would get excited about. All I do is lift heavy and eat a lot of meat and yeah, I do things like DAA, etc (though I wasn't on DAA during my last bloods).

Doctor's HYPE TRT. They have commercials up on the TV and the message is ... "yeah, you're getting old - and your T-Levels are going to go down!" and it's totally a self-fulfilling prophesy. They show a "before" picture of a dumpy guy with "Low-T" - and he's all depressed and tired, then an after shot of him skipping around the TV tube and thinking about the next chick he's gonna bang after he's got his TRT. So everyone falls in line for the shots.

The "down" sides? Your nuts shrivel up. If western civilization collapses and you can't get to your test - you're going to be ten times worse off because you can't produce your own test. I believe you can't father kids anymore after enough time on it.

I'm not saying that people on TRT are losers - they are not. A lot of men need to be on TRT for whatever reason - that's a fact and I don't fault them one bit for it. However, the prevailing attitude on this board seems to make TRT out to be some kind of ultimate goal. The goal, in fact, should be to stay off it for as long as humanly possible.
When.i.see this Honda you.better check.shbg because it usually.comes up with high test. I have a case 60 year old 1400 total t no.trt clomid anything. Shbg is 150 ...go figure

The Matrix

The Matrix

Awards
  • Established
After 40-45 is when trt can be implemented with no.hesitation, but still.need to.see if we are masking other issues ..

napalm

napalm

Awards
Every 10 days. Was 150mg (test cyp), they upped it to 200mg my last visit.

I'll be 37 in a couple weeks...just an FYI.
I'm doing 100 every 7 days. I know I'm still pretty new, but I don't feel I'm hitting lows.

Maybe if you went weekly, say like 125 a week or so you wouldn't hit lows like you feel you are now.

Something to think about...

napalm

napalm

Awards
And I may be different from some of you in that I know why I'm low T - hypopituitarism, I'm deficient in 4 of the anterior pituitary hormones.

ambulldog

ambulldog

Awards
  • Established
i went on at 40 years old. test was sub 300. biggest difference i notice is energy and ability to stay in great shape now going on 44.

i agree with matrix and others. people in their 20's and early 30's have no right being on trt until they are thoroughly tested for cause. i think a lot of these younger guys for some odd reason see it as glamorous to always be on test. well its not. being on trt is nothing like being on a cycle which i think many people tend to believe

53AndAging

Awards
I began TRT after my TST levels continued a steady decline from the mid 200's in 2011 down to 154 in April 2012. I had all the classic signs of low T. I began using two pumps of Androgel on 7/3. On 7/5 I clearly remember, as I was driving to work, a feeling of clarity which I haven't ever experinced before or least remember. I don't know if it was due to the Androgel but since then I have not had that same sensation again. I have a little more energy then before but not much else has changed. I get retested end of month. Plan on "pushing" GP to let me self inject. Hate the gel.

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
i went on at 40 years old. test was sub 300. biggest difference i notice is energy and ability to stay in great shape now going on 44.

i agree with matrix and others. people in their 20's and early 30's have no right being on trt until they are thoroughly tested for cause. i think a lot of these younger guys for some odd reason see it as glamorous to always be on test. well its not. being on trt is nothing like being on a cycle which i think many people tend to believe
I just think people feel so positive and to them it is like a cycle when you have been low for a very long time. I also absolutely agree with Matrix and others that think it is very ill advised to have 20 somethings going on TRT and not knowing what the reason is. However, when you hit your late 30s and 40s, to feel the testosterone again is a damn miracle.

dondon

dondon

Awards
  • Established
I just think people feel so positive and to them it is like a cycle when you have been low for a very long time. I also absolutely agree with Matrix and others that think it is very ill advised to have 20 somethings going on TRT and not knowing what the reason is. However, when you hit your late 30s and 40s, to feel the testosterone again is a damn miracle.
Thats what I'm looking for...a miracle. I hate feeling depleted by 1:eek:clock in the afternoon, it sucks and this is after trying all kinds of diets and supplements. Back in the 40's and 50's, they used to prescribe Test for men with low energy, moods etc, and this is back when food was more real, not like today with xenoestrogens in plastic, meats etc. It wasn't until big pharma saw a market for moods and erections that they discontinued prescribing test. I'm okay with injecting once or twice a week, then getting off with proper PCT. Can I do it the rest of my life? sure, I don't see the big issue, it takes less time then to shave and as long as the dose is small, no harm done.

dondon

dondon

Awards
  • Established
Also, it shouldn't prescribed for 20 or most early 30 year olds until all else is ruled out. I have exhausted every possible thing, my sleep is good, but I don't wake up with wood. My food intake is healthy, but my energy is low and I know all my food allergens and avoided them...still nothing. I tired every new latest test booster and it worked within maybe an hour of taking it, like a blip on the radar screen, if that...waste of money IMO. I wrestled with the idea of going on TRT for years now and I've come down to the conclusion to give this a try.

ambulldog

ambulldog

Awards
  • Established
Also, it shouldn't prescribed for 20 or most early 30 year olds until all else is ruled out. I have exhausted every possible thing, my sleep is good, but I don't wake up with wood. My food intake is healthy, but my energy is low and I know all my food allergens and avoided them...still nothing. I tired every new latest test booster and it worked within maybe an hour of taking it, like a blip on the radar screen, if that...waste of money IMO. I wrestled with the idea of going on TRT for years now and I've come down to the conclusion to give this a try.
if you need it you cant beat it. i wouldnt trade it for anything

rfarns01

Awards

My first question for you Hundy, is why are you in a TRT forum? Secondly, most of us go to the doctor because we can't sleep, we can't get through a workout without almost falling over, we have no sexual desire, even though are wives and girl friends are freakin hot, we almost cannot function at work because it is tough to keep our mind on it. TRT is not glamourous, we do not choose to be on it, we would all love to have your test levels, and you know what we wouldn't be in this forum lurking around, like you. Please if you have nothing to contribute, sign out. BTW I am 46.

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Try to get to a point where you can self administer at home. The convenience is unreal. 2-3 minutes out of your week to feel like a million bucks.

rfarns01

Awards

Hundy we understand your point, but when your sitting @ under 300 ng/dl and the only thing out of balance is your T, you go for the Gel, the shots or the pellets so you can feel normal again. Your point is for the one young guy coming to this forum that thinks he is going to all of a sudden build huge muscles because he is on TRT, well lets face it that is not going to happen. Those guys will become educated quick enough once they begin TRT and figure that out. The question this guy asked in this thread is how has TRT improved your life, do you have any information on that subject to provide?

dondon

dondon

Awards
  • Established
I just got all my stuff via FedX, test, clomid, tomaixfen, HCG, Anastrazole, all my stuff for the next 10 weeks. I think I'll start tonight, I'm supposed to start at 200mg a week of test cyp, any idea how long it takes to feel it?

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
It took me and the doc about 8 weeks to get it right. You'll likely feel 200mg in 24 hours.

dondon

dondon

Awards
  • Established
It took me and the doc about 8 weeks to get it right. You'll likely feel 200mg in 24 hours.
I did 100mg last night, I'll do another 100 on Wednesday. Its hard to tell right now if anything can be felt on a low dose, but I'll see as the day progresses. I'm also aware of placebo effects too, so I'll keep an honest journal.