HRT Self Injection

53AndAging

Awards
While discussing treatment with my physician about low T and got the impression from her that self injection was not an option. I was told that I could use Androgel (which I started) or that I could come in every few days or once a month for injections.

Is there a legal issue here that I'm not aware of?

lboston

lboston

Awards
While discussing treatment with my physician about low T and got the impression from her that self injection was not an option. I was told that I could use Androgel (which I started) or that I could come in every few days or once a month for injections.

Is there a legal issue here that I'm not aware of?
No-just doctor preference, from my understanding

The Matrix

The Matrix

Awards
  • Established
No-just doctor preference, from my understanding
Dr want.to.make.almighty dollar.charging for giving you a shot each time. How system works. Find another Dr

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I went to my doctor for injections once a week for the first 4 months and then he told me that there was no point in coming all the time now that we have things balanced. He set me up with a prescription for 200mg every 12 weeks. It is SO much better now that I only take 5 minutes a week to deal with it instead of 45 min-hour to go to the office.

The Matrix

The Matrix

Awards
  • Established
I went to my doctor for injections once a week for the first 4 months and then he told me that there was no point in coming all the time now that we have things balanced. He set me up with a prescription for 200mg every 12 weeks. It is SO much better now that I only take 5 minutes a week to deal with it instead of 45 min-hour to go to the office.
I hope you meant to say every 12 days LOL IF your Dr actually said weeks, I run as fast as I can the other way... The end result will be going from TT 1800 down to 300 TT. You tell me how much estrodial fluctuation one will experience? This can put stress on already depleted adrenals and thyroid imbalances which never where address. I have Dr in colorado if need one :)

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Lol, I meant a 10ml bottle.

Thank you for the offer, though. It's nice to know in case ever needed.

53AndAging

Awards
Anybody know of good physician in the central kentucky region, preferably Lexington?

lboston

lboston

Awards
Anybody know of good physician in the central kentucky region, preferably Lexington?
Hey- send me a PM and I may have found one. I'm in Bardstown, Ky and looking for a new doc as well.