Better for the liver??

lboston

lboston

Awards
Is there any one form of TRT that is easiest on the liver? I'm mainly interested in injections vs implantable pellets.

IDC

IDC

Awards
Injection is pretty safe for the liver from what my doctor has told me.

lboston

lboston

Awards
Injection is pretty safe for the liver from what my doctor has told me.
I think so as well. My doctor, today, just made it sound as if the pellets are even safer. I was curious if anyone else knew anything about this.

The Matrix

The Matrix

Awards
  • Established
I think so as well. My doctor, today, just made it sound as if the pellets are even safer. I was curious if anyone else knew anything about this.
If you.are secondary why.you.using pellets ?

lboston

lboston

Awards
If you.are secondary why.you.using pellets ?
I really don't know to be honest. The doctor wanted me on the pellets instead of injections. He said he felt it would be easier on the liver. I had liver cancer when I was younger and no gallbladder--my liver enzymes are always high he's concerned about that.

What's your thoughts? Just had my labs back from one month on pellets and my total T was 601 @ 10:30 in the AM and estrodial was 47 on the lab corp scale with 44 being the high.

I was on injections prior of t cyp @100mg/ week and T got to mid 400s.
Did Clomid as well, but doc was worried about high estrogen and liver toxicity.

The Matrix

The Matrix

Awards
  • Established
I really don't know to be honest. The doctor wanted me on the pellets instead of injections. He said he felt it would be easier on the liver. I had liver cancer when I was younger and no gallbladder--my liver enzymes are always high he's concerned about that.

What's your thoughts? Just had my labs back from one month on pellets and my total T was 601 @ 10:30 in the AM and estrodial was 47 on the lab corp scale with 44 being the high.

I was on injections prior of t cyp @100mg/ week and T got to mid 400s.
Did Clomid as well, but doc was worried about high estrogen and liver toxicity.
Dr needs to be properly educated and brought up to speed.

The Matrix

The Matrix

Awards
  • Established
I know...I'd like to kick him in the throat!

You have any thoughts on pellets vs injections and the liver?
Pain in the ass need them every 3 months, might cost to insert them (on average with out insurance is $500-600 each time)
Still taking one step forward 3 step back..