Free testostorone came back low confused :/

jman12

Awards
Have a total test reading of 518.76ng/dl when I was bulking and a more recent one of 458 but I am cutting at the moment so that's probably why it's that low. I got my Free testosterone back and it is reading at 6.48pg/ml (8.8 - 27.0) could this be a reason why i don't get bigger and can feel lethargic?

lboston

lboston

Awards
Have a total test reading of I 518.76ng/dl at which point people on here said i do not need TRT.
I got my Free testosterone back and it is reading at 6.48pg/ml (8.8 - 27.0) Confused, what does it mean? apart from diet and training could this be a reason why i don't get bigger?
Did you have your SHBG checked as well?

The Matrix

The Matrix

Awards
  • Established
Have a total test reading of I 518.76ng/dl at which point people on here said i do not need TRT.
I got my Free testosterone back and it is reading at 6.48pg/ml (8.8 - 27.0) Confused, what does it mean? apart from diet and training could this be a reason why i don't get bigger?
Depends on where SHBG and e2 are in relationship to your total T not your free testosterone.

jman12

Awards
Got my E2 checkout out but not my SHBG, will post it up here when i get my bloods done for it.

jman12

Awards
Do i need to take my blood test for SHBG early in the morning like the testosterone tests or can i can take it any time during the day for an accurate reading?

The Matrix

The Matrix

Awards
  • Established
Do i need to take my blood test for SHBG early in the morning like the testosterone tests or can i can take it any time during the day for an accurate reading?
It does not have to be fasted, but should be

jman12

Awards
thanks, I'm having it done Thursday, will post up results when i get them.

MidwestBeast

MidwestBeast

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
As a rule of thumb, I try to do all my blood work around the same time and on a similar day to try and limit variables as much as I can.

jman12

Awards
got my SHGB back with results of

SHGB_ 56 nmol/L Normal range 10-137
LH_ 4.1 IU/L Normal range 0.8-82.7
FSH_ 3.4 IU/L Normal range 1.8-106

The normal ranges look pretty weird to large but if any one has an understanding of the measurements and what they mean for me please explain them. I am from the UK by the way

It says in the letter LH and FSH are within acceptable levels. Your SHGB level is at the higher end of the normal range but still within normal limits.

PumpAddict69

Awards
Your LH is still pretty low and shbg is higher than ideal. Definitely below average for a guy in mid 30s. What is your bf% and how is your diet? Something as simple as your vitamin D intake can have a direct effect on test levels as proven in studies. Your results aren't too far off from ok so I'd first look into your diet and natural supps like zma, fenugreek, vitamin d and maybe sine d-aspartic acid.

jman12

Awards
Your LH is still pretty low and shbg is higher than ideal. Definitely below average for a guy in mid 30s. What is your bf% and how is your diet? Something as simple as your vitamin D intake can have a direct effect on test levels as proven in studies. Your results aren't too far off from ok so I'd first look into your diet and natural supps like zma, fenugreek, vitamin d and maybe sine d-aspartic acid.
I am 21 bro. body fat % is around 18%. Already take orange triad and supp extra with vit D. My diets good, all organic quality sources of protein, complex carbs and healthy fats along with lots of veg and 2 portions of fruit

The Matrix

The Matrix

Awards
  • Established
I am 21 bro. body fat % is around 18%. Already take orange triad and supp extra with vit D. My diets good, all organic quality sources of protein, complex carbs and healthy fats along with lots of veg and 2 portions of fruit
Find out why SHBG is elevated this has been a common occurence I have been seeing as many other Dr. I feel its inflammation either in liver or GI tract. I have a client I am working with super higher and SHBG no HRT. Just had nutreval GI is infested with major inflammation. This is a common trend I am seeing.

jman12

Awards
Find out why SHBG is elevated this has been a common occurence I have been seeing as many other Dr. I feel its inflammation either in liver or GI tract. I have a client I am working with super higher and SHBG no HRT. Just had nutreval GI is infested with major inflammation. This is a common trend I am seeing.
What tests do i say to my doctor to perform on the NHS? I am a student and can't afford to go see Dr Mouton as your recommended.

thanks

The Matrix

The Matrix

Awards
  • Established
What tests do i say to my doctor to perform on the NHS? I am a student and can't afford to go see Dr Mouton as your recommended.

thanks
Stool sample tests are basically a waste due to the low sensitivity. The test required are not known or recognized by the NHS.

jman12

Awards
Stool sample tests are basically a waste due to the low sensitivity. The test required are not known or recognized by the NHS.
can i buy the kit online and perform them my self for GI and liver?

The Matrix

The Matrix

Awards
  • Established
can i buy the kit online and perform them my selves?
Even if you get the results one would not know what to do with them. Wish it was that easy but its complex process to be honest. Since you are a student putting the proper investiment into this would not be realistic at this time. To get proper stool samples done will run you $400-500 then to know what to do when you get the results.

jman12

Awards
Even if you get the results one would not know what to do with them. Wish it was that easy but its complex process to be honest. Since you are a student putting the proper investiment into this would not be realistic at this time. To get proper stool samples done will run you $400-500 then to know what to do when you get the results.
Considering I have an array of results already, I guess GI and liver tests can be tackled straight away, if i see DR Mouton then I can ask for what I want straight away so it will save me money. What are the tests for Inflamed liver and or inflamed GI tract, what are they professional called?

The Matrix

The Matrix

Awards
  • Established
Considering I have an array of results already, I guess GI and liver tests can be tackled straight away, if i see DR Mouton then I can ask for what I want straight away so it will save me money. What are the tests for Inflamed liver and or inflamed GI tract, what are they professional called?

$500 would be acceptable to get a proper stool sample test done if it will reveal I have inflamed GI tract and or liver, but not really sure where to get one in Uk
Taking care of gi tract reduces burden on liver significantly as well as.neurotransmitter and immune system which compromise the adrenals,thyroid and right.up.to.sex.hormones

jman12

Awards
Taking care of gi tract reduces burden on liver significantly as well as.neurotransmitter and immune system which compromise the adrenals,thyroid and right.up.to.sex.hormones
okay awesome, I could hit two birds with one stone if I test for my GI tract. If I was to see Dr Mouton what should I say regarding GI test, do I literally say I want a test to determine if i have an inflames GI tract?

vassille

Awards
Absolutely true could not have said it better myself.

vassille

Awards
Organic is good but if u have an allergic reaction to a particular food or food group it really doesnt matter.
You can try a trial and error approach where you take out different foods out of your diet and see if you feel different.

jman12

Awards
Organic is good but if u have an allergic reaction to a particular food or food group it really doesnt matter.
You can try a trial and error approach where you take out different foods out of your diet and see if you feel different.
I don't get any side effects from food and have not come across anything I am allergic to.

vassille

Awards
I don't get any side effects from food and have not come across anything I am allergic to.
I didnt feel it either per say but once I changed my diet I def noticed it in the gym.

The Matrix

The Matrix

Awards
  • Established
30/40% of people who have food.intolerance have no gi symptoms. See it all the time.