27yo w/low test symptoms needs advice

bigradar03

Awards
I am a 27yo that has been showing signs of low test. since 2008 when I had a surfing accident that injured my back I have had a lot of problems that I just recently started reading are signs of low test. I have had physical to mental problems that all point to low test. I'm in the Marines and ever since I returned from Afghanistan things have gotten worse. my doc keeps telling me that I am getting older and this is going to happen. I don't think he know anything about what might be wrong with me given his answers and his expressions. I have noticed that when I am on a good over the counter test booster my life and body is a lot better but not what it use to be like before my accident. before my accident I could put on muscle, burn fat, good memory, good attention. now all that and more is gone.

Test 1 date 3/17/12
-Test serum 534 (348-1197)
-LH 5.2 (1.7-8.6)
-FSH 2.9 (1.5-12.4)
-estradiol 27.5 (7.6-42.6

there were also a lot of other test ran but i think this is the only ones that are important. I was using a test booster when this was taken.

Test 2 5/11/12
rest serum 443.40(280.00-800.00)

this test was done after clearing my system from all supps for 4 weeks.

Sorry its kind of long, I tried to shorten everything up. I will be getting out of the Marines in a few weeks and I was going to try and find another doc to help me. I'm moving to Minneapolis MN and was looking for help or advice from some more knowledgeable and experienced people in the subject. I need advice. On weather i can self medicate, what doc to see( i have not been able to get a referral in the service since my levels are "normal"), ways to find out what might be wrong, or just a solution. Any advice would be greatly appreciated as i feel like
im backed into a corner.

Jethro52185

Jethro52185

Awards
That's really not that low of a test level. Just ask yourself this first: are you wanting to stay natty, or cross over to the dark side? You could stay natty and be just fine. If you decide to medicate, find a testosterone replacement therapy dr in your area and get checked out. That's where I started.

Sketch2000

Awards
Your test levels really aren't that low. Is that Total Testosterone or Free Testosterone that was checked? Free is the better indicator of what's really going on.

The Matrix

The Matrix

Awards
  • Established
Your test levels really aren't that low. Is that Total Testosterone or Free Testosterone that was checked? Free is the better indicator of what's really going on.
I would check to see if there was pitutary damage through an MRI from Dr. If there was then this could explain low levels.
100 point drop is not in common. If a person gets a bad night sleep T levels can drop up to 60%. One of the factors I look at is proper sleep hygiene along as multiple factors hormones as well as other factors out side. Self medicating in this situation is not a good idea since you actually may be secondary (most likely vs primary) With out proper supervision and guidence there may be other factors which may still be present just not found. Since I deal with alot of service people coming back from the wars there is alot of PTSD's which when properly evaluate is imbalance in neurological and adrenals. Since one can have these levels measured very simply and affordable through majority of insurance. I should be able to get you a complimentary kit to test adrenal and neurotransmitter function for free. I have alot of pull with the lab. This test would be a $350 value for no charge. I would go this route working on adrenals and neurotransmitter balancing before jumping on HRT. I see to many service man Dr's jumping on the TRT band wagon. The end result in not addressing the root problem but masking it making matters worse. Its sad to see Dr's who are not addressing the issue, but treating the symptoms instead.

bigradar03

Awards
I really dont want to do the self medication route with some help from a Dr. I know/im too young to be having these problems but that is what everything points to. i know that the levels can vary greatly based on so many factors but im not getting any help from my doc. when im not on a fw test boosters (ie animal test, stak, d-pol, ect) things get way outta hand. From increassed joint pain, lower back pain, low labido, ed problems, weak immune system,depression, self harming thoughts, ect. it really scares me because i dont know where it comes from. the only time its gone a lil bit is when im on boosters. i want to find out why its low rather injecting with test and AIs. so far i have had to pay outta pocket for test cause my doc thinks im getting "old" so any help is greatly appreciated.

The Matrix

The Matrix

Awards
  • Established
I really dont want to do the self medication route with some help from a Dr. I know/im too young to be having these problems but that is what everything points to. i know that the levels can vary greatly based on so many factors but im not getting any help from my doc. when im not on a fw test boosters (ie animal test, stak, d-pol, ect) things get way outta hand. From increassed joint pain, lower back pain, low labido, ed problems, weak immune system,depression, self harming thoughts, ect. it really scares me because i dont know where it comes from. the only time its gone a lil bit is when im on boosters. i want to find out why its low rather injecting with test and AIs. so far i have had to pay outta pocket for test cause my doc thinks im getting "old" so any help is greatly appreciated.
I made some.recommendations.on where to start based on information presented

bigradar03

Awards
im have to see my doc on the 11th and im going to talk about the pituitary issue and see if he will help me with it. my doc is diff to deal with, is there a good way about mentioning a possible pituitary issue. i only ask cause everytime i try to talk to him he tells me im getting "old" and there is nothing wrong.

not sure if it matters but i was on wellbrutrin for a while and that helped/with the depression but not anything else.

bigradar03

Awards
also the test were total test, not free test

The Matrix

The Matrix

Awards
  • Established
im have to see my doc on the 11th and im going to talk about the pituitary issue and see if he will help me with it. my doc is diff to deal with, is there a good way about mentioning a possible pituitary issue. i only ask cause everytime i try to talk to him he tells me im getting "old" and there is nothing wrong.

not sure if it matters but i was on wellbrutrin for a while and that helped/with the depression but not anything else.
Its just part.of the equation. Drs are only.looking at 20-30% need to.look.at other 70%

The Matrix

The Matrix

Awards
  • Established
these are the rest of my first test results. dont know if they tell anything or not but figured it couldnt hurt.
Adrenals and possible thyroid are shot.to hell

There may be a low grade chronic infection..
I see these tests results on a daily basis from other medical professional who do not see past the hidden factors. majority of drs see one plane I look at things from a 3 dimension plane. I would still.need.more info. You have an open minded Dr on board pm me if not i highly suggest you.find one. You do.not have sex hormone issue but it lies most.likely in other areas where i suggested. Imo anti depressants are a band aid effect for other issues. I see it all the time.

bigradar03

Awards
I have had thyroid test done a few times before and they say it's normal, just like I'm getting "old". I am going to see if I can get a copy of the test that I have had done before.

I am meeting with him on the 11 so I will bring up the other reasons that my life is going down hill so quickly.

bigradar03

Awards
I know this is kinda old but wanted to put this out in case anybody else was having the same problems. I know how frustrating it is to find help.

I'm out of the military and waiting for the VA to schedule up some test for my disability. I have not been able to get any help from anybody so I did some research. It looks as though clomid has been a good alternative to HRT, especially for the younger ones.

The last thing I want to dk is go on any therapy. As of now I started coming off all Supps since I'm sure the VA will request it. Now that I'm doing that, I can deff feel the affects of high estrogen again. I wanted to wait for the test to be over before I started the clomid. The low test symptoms are driving me crazy. When I receive the clomid I will start taking immediately before I think of hurt myself again.

The plan:

-Female hormone test will be done before I start with private MD labs just like before
- clomid will be every 3 days
- first 3 will be 25mg
- 12.5 after that
- medical assistance will be utilized for extreme reaction or side affects
- I will adjust dosage based on how my body reacts (I don't seem to be affected by meds that easily)
- blood test will be redone at the 4 week period then every 6

I will be posting all the results and periodic updates on how it is going.

Please, if anybody has suggestions or advice, let me know.

The Matrix

The Matrix

Awards
  • Established
Did.you.get vaccination shots before departing?. I.am handling soldiers.coming back from iraq.and.other tours who.have had.issues with.the vaccination possible.resulting in neurological and other biological.issues I am working on getting in contact with a.Dr.from.Yemen clinic to see if we can get grants for a study in brain chemistry and other markers for.soldiers from tours of.duty ..

bigradar03

Awards
I did have some vaccines before I departed to Afghanistan.

The Matrix

The Matrix

Awards
  • Established
I did have some vaccines before I departed to Afghanistan.
You should have seen the people who went to Desert Storm. Now we are starting to get warmer. Working with an ex iraq soldier who has been to 100's of hours of biofeed back, cognitive therapy no help over past 5 years. Once I found out where here detoxification blockages where, she's a totally new person in a matter of a few weeks. Its crazy how little small changes can make such a huge impact on a person's health. People are thinking "OMG how many supplements is she taken". The answer is barely any just the right ones and a few tweaks in diet goes a long way. Vaccinations are stored for up to 30-40 years in your system.

bigradar03

Awards
You should have seen the people who went to Desert Storm. Now we are starting to get warmer. Working with an ex iraq soldier who has been to 100's of hours of biofeed back, cognitive therapy no help over past 5 years. Once I found out where here detoxification blockages where, she's a totally new person in a matter of a few weeks. Its crazy how little small changes can make such a huge impact on a person's health. People are thinking "OMG how many supplements is she taken". The answer is barely any just the right ones and a few tweaks in diet goes a long way. Vaccinations are stored for up to 30-40 years in your system.
hopefully you and your colleagues will be able to rectify the issue so that people stop getting f***ed up. I know of many Marines that changed after deployment, and you usually get the vaccines just before that, interesting. Will the clomid work if there is a problem caused from the vaccines?

The Matrix

The Matrix

Awards
  • Established
hopefully you and your colleagues will be able to rectify the issue so that people stop getting f***ed up. I know of many Marines that changed after deployment, and you usually get the vaccines just before that, interesting. Will the clomid work if there is a problem caused from the vaccines?
Stress causes HPTA disfunction, Vaccination is a toxins which causes stress. One can only try with clomid. I am digging into heavy research on this and probably in the next 5-10 years it will be mandatory to get DNA testing done before deployment. I prefer to look at all options which go out of scope of traditional medicine. These out of the box ideas are now starting to be able to be medically supported. I have got to acquainted with some very influential medical professions in the past few months. It will be interesting to see what direction I decide to take.

bigradar03

Awards
Stress causes HPTA disfunction, Vaccination is a toxins which causes stress. One can only try with clomid. I am digging into heavy research on this and probably in the next 5-10 years it will be mandatory to get DNA testing done before deployment. I prefer to look at all options which go out of scope of traditional medicine. These out of the box ideas are now starting to be able to be medically supported. I have got to acquainted with some very influential medical professions in the past few months. It will be interesting to see what direction I decide to take.
I have been reading some of the studies that have been conducted with the clomid, but they are using 25mg or 50mg, sometimes every other day. I had seen some of you post about using the 12.5mg every 3 days for long term benefits. I was thinking about taking myself off after about 3 months, depending on how it is going, and seeing of my levels will stay normal or at lease higher then they are not. Would 3 months be good or have you seen better success with a different time frame?

The Matrix

The Matrix

Awards
  • Established
I have been reading some of the studies that have been conducted with the clomid, but they are using 25mg or 50mg, sometimes every other day. I had seen some of you post about using the 12.5mg every 3 days for long term benefits. I was thinking about taking myself off after about 3 months, depending on how it is going, and seeing of my levels will stay normal or at lease higher then they are not. Would 3 months be good or have you seen better success with a different time frame?
3 months is good provided all of the areas need to be incheck other words our chances of succeeding are significantly decreased.

bigradar03

Awards
3 months is good provided all of the areas need to be incheck other words our chances of succeeding are significantly decreased.
Do you know exactly what the clomid is doing in the studies that it is able to raise the TT and keep it raised when the patient comes off it?

bigradar03

Awards
Do you know exactly what the clomid is doing in the studies that it is able to raise the TT and keep it raised when the patient comes off it?
also how would be a good way to get my GI tract checked, esp without insurance? I know I had low WBC on one of my test and I have had some issues with getting sick often and not recovering quickly.

bigradar03

Awards
below are the results from my latest lab test. It looks as though that even with the change in environment and stress my levels really changes. the WBC are up though, which im happy about. I think the AST and ALT enzymes are elevated due to an increase in alcohol. If the clomid works and elevates my T then I will prob stop drinking as much and quit smoking like before.

I am on day 3 of the clomid and this morning when I woke up I was pleasantly surprised to actually have some wood and be in a good mood. Im pretty excited to actually to have a amount of T in my system. I really think it will boost my quality of life rather then me being depressed all the time.

php2CHQk3AM.jpg

php6ptMaYAM.jpg

php9rMw4XAM.jpg

bigradar03

Awards
so i went and had my blood tested again yesterday. i think my labs look good.my T is up,which is what i was hoping for. as far as i go, im not suicidal,in a better mood, generally liking life more. i think the psychological benifits are good and my body is getting better but taking longer to get adjusted with the T.

Attachments