Testosterone Injections NOT working?

Chris2020

Awards
I was using androgel at 10g a day for a little over a year; however, the stuff barely raised my testosterone levels at all.

The endo switched me to testosterone cypionate, which worked AMAZINGLY well for about 6 weeks. My testosterone levels on the day before my next injection were mid 500's. Unfortunately, a few weeks later, many of my symptoms had returned (brain fog, poor erections, low libido). I assumed my problems were high estrogen since thats what other users normally encounter. However, I had no symptoms whatsoever of high E (maybe because i have a relatively low body fat 12%. So about 2 months after my first blood test, i had my testosterone checked again.. THIS TIME MY LEVELS HAD DROPPED TO 250!! This was 5 days after my injection (not even an entire week yet).

WHY HAS THIS HAPPENED? My testosterone has come from KMART since day 1. I use a 1" needle and injected into the outer middle third of my thigh. Why has this happened? Have I developed a resistance to injections. I feel no different throughout the entire week (no peaks or valleys).

Any suggestions why my body isn't accepting the T? My endo was clueless (go figure).

Chris2020

Awards
the endo didn't test for anything besides total and free testosterone on my most recent blood work since he checked LH, FSH, T3, SHBG, Prolactin (basically everything BESIDES E2) on the prior blood test.. Everything looked good except my LH and FSH, which were low due to being on Androgel for so long. I asked him to check my E2, but he said that because i have no symptoms of elevated estrogen and because i don't have much body fat, he though it was irrelevant. I forgot the exact number of my Free T number, but it was at the bottom of the normal range whereas my total testosterone was well below the average.. This suggests to me that my problem is not E2, since the little bit of total testosterone that i do have is unbound.. Either my body is not accepting the testosterone, or the testosterone is bad (which i highly doubt since it comes from a pharmacy).

LMuscle

LMuscle

Awards
Man I've had similar results, I was first on Testim gel, and I switched to test-e injections. I did great on the test-e for the first few weeks, after that nothing special. Everything looks good on my blood panels total test was around 920ng/l free test was around 250! e2 was high normal around 62, prolactin was normal. I just don't understand why everything was awesome for the first few weeks, what could it have been.

Oh, and it had a strange side effect the first few weeks after I started injections. I would get erections every 10 minutes, as soon as I thought about sex I would get an erection I couldn't get rid of. When I would ejaculate, it would shoot out like freakin canon, like 12 times. Not that way now, just dribbles out. It turned me into a sex machine the first few weeks/month, then hardly anything after that..

Chris2020

Awards
exactly... the first 6 weeks, i was a walking erection. Every morning, i would have an erection that wouldn't go away for nothing. It still doesn't make sense why my testosterone would decline though. Any ideas on that? I felt great with a modest test level of 500, but i can hardly get it up with the 250 level that i am at now!!!

The Matrix

The Matrix

Awards
  • Established
exactly... the first 6 weeks, i was a walking erection. Every morning, i would have an erection that wouldn't go away for nothing. It still doesn't make sense why my testosterone would decline though. Any ideas on that? I felt great with a modest test level of 500, but i can hardly get it up with the 250 level that i am at now!!!
Need to look at factors out side of hormones.

53AndAging

Awards
Matrix, what other factors would you look at?

Chris2020

Awards
Ok, I have never heard about this on anyone else's forum, but would a different brand of syringe/needle have anything to do with it. The first couple weeks I was using a 23 gauge needle at a doctor's office. They let me inject myself every single time, so i know my injection technique had nothing to do with the drop in testosterone. However, after those 6 weeks, the endo allowed me to do them at home. When i went to the pharmacy, i got a script for 25g needles and started using those. ALL of my symptoms occurred around this same time! Is it even possible that a different brand/type of needle made a difference? They were both 1" in length

The Matrix

The Matrix

Awards
  • Established
Ok, I have never heard about this on anyone else's forum, but would a different brand of syringe/needle have anything to do with it. The first couple weeks I was using a 23 gauge needle at a doctor's office. They let me inject myself every single time, so i know my injection technique had nothing to do with the drop in testosterone. However, after those 6 weeks, the endo allowed me to do them at home. When i went to the pharmacy, i got a script for 25g needles and started using those. ALL of my symptoms occurred around this same time! Is it even possible that a different brand/type of needle made a difference? They were both 1" in length
Some thing biologically could have happen resulting you to chew up testosterone. I see this a lot in Dr cases. There could be multiple reasons. I use 29 gauge half inch no issues.

Chris2020

Awards
I have considered this! Thanks for the input... However, I am unaware of anything that can cause my body to eat up the testosterone. Any ideas?

jtwist

Awards
My guess is you are mis-reading your syringe and under injecting the proper amount of test.

The Matrix

The Matrix

Awards
  • Established
My guess is you are mis-reading your syringe and under injecting the proper amount of test.
This is why taking the time to look into past medical history, and looking at the underlying cause of the problem is crucial to getting the right answers as well course of treatment. This is why people go see health professionals in order to collect all the data in order to properly analyze to see where the imbalances may lie. This is not an easy task and some times can take a lot of research and further evaluation

vassille

Awards
Is not the needle.
btw, where do you inject and how much you draw into the syringe?
Is this a new testosterone bottle? What does it say on it 200mg/ml or something else?

chrisphillips

Awards
I'm struggling as well. I have been on the testosterone injection for a while now and I still don't feel an increase in energy or stamina. I'm not sure what to do. I go every 2 weeks. They will not increase the dosage or how often I come to get it. I'm wondering if I should take an additional testosterone supplement.

sammpedd88

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I'm struggling as well. I have been on the testosterone injection for a while now and I still don't feel an increase in energy or stamina. I'm not sure what to do. I go every 2 weeks. They will not increase the dosage or how often I come to get it. I'm wondering if I should take an additional testosterone supplement.
What you should do is find another dr. Injecting once every two weeks is outdated protocol that has been proven unsuccessful. You should inject once a week at minimum if not two per week. When you inject every two weeks your test spikes then it crashes and you stay at that level for too long. It’s a roller coaster effect.

DaeshDontSurf

DaeshDontSurf

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I'm wondering if I should take an additional testosterone supplement.
are you talking an otc "booster"? lol - no. you are injecting actual testosterone. work with a dr that will get all your hormone levels optimized. agree with sam - once every 14 days (if using cyp/enanth) is roller coaster city.

The Matrix

The Matrix

Awards
  • Established
Entourage may be an option

sammpedd88

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I agree with matrix. I think I better dr will be able to help you out

The Matrix

The Matrix

Awards
  • Established
That’s a first lol

sammpedd88

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Seriously though. I would like to understand more about what you do for a living Matrix.

The Matrix

The Matrix

Awards
  • Established
My wife is recent graduate of NP school gradutating with top honors. She will be taking boards in about a month to be come a licensed APRN. She will be working in traditional medicine as she gets trained in advanced Functional medicines working with in collaboration with me on doctor’s cases. I work in collaboration with medical professionals and other practitioners in challenging health conditions here in the USA and internationally. This is the best explaination I use to explain to doctors what it is that I do. What I do is reverse engineer chronic illness through evaluation of imbalances in biochemcal pathways and gene expressions through looking at hidden relationships in laboratory data, symptoms and detailed history. We use the latest evidence and reseach based approaches in regards to coming up with solutions for cases. The most powerful tool in medicine not used in medicine is common sense. Help doctors to see the Forrest through the trees. They also benefit, by looking at things from a different set of lenses.

A metabolic trouble shooter

In the next year or so,
I plan on producing the first case of reversal of clinical hemochromatosis to where the male has to eat iron to maintain levels. This has 4 years of medical documentation with a host of medical doctors as validation

Reduce the need the dialysis in patient by significant amount. Potentially even reverse the need for kidney transplants.

This are just a few of the projects currently working on

sammpedd88

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
My wife is recent graduate of NP school gradutating with top honors. She will be taking boards in about a month to be come a licensed APRN. She will be working in traditional medicine as she gets trained in advanced Functional medicines working with in collaboration with me on doctor’s cases. I work in collaboration with medical professionals and other practitioners in challenging health conditions here in the USA and internationally. This is the best explaination I use to explain to doctors what it is that I do. What I do is reverse engineer chronic illness through evaluation of imbalances in biochemcal pathways and gene expressions through looking at hidden relationships in laboratory data, symptoms and detailed history. We use the latest evidence and reseach based approaches in regards to coming up with solutions for cases. The most powerful tool in medicine not used in medicine is common sense. Help doctors to see the Forrest through the trees. They also benefit, by looking at things from a different set of lenses.

A metabolic trouble shooter

In the next year or so,
I plan on producing the first case of reversal of clinical hemochromatosis to where the male has to eat iron to maintain levels. This has 4 years of medical documentation with a host of medical doctors as validation

Reduce the need the dialysis in patient by significant amount. Potentially even reverse the need for kidney transplants.

This are just a few of the projects currently working on
That’s pretty interesting and some amazing possibilities on the kidney issues.

DemntedCowboy

DemntedCowboy

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
He's a real life Dr. House, but without being a doctor, or the addiction to pain killers and alcohol. Lol. Jk

grondi

grondi

Awards
For me (early 50's) TRT/Cyp was great and giving me a better overall feeling. Faster recovery times ect... As far libido/erections, it did not have the effect I desired... When I rolled onto this forum, I picked up a few things that really helped me out. Check out "The Big 3" and start right away on one of those for a 6 week run or so.

I have found that changing docs, adding HCG and few other things, made a huge difference in the se* department. I am the point (for the most part) where things are at the "when the moments right" side of things. It has taken some trial and error, but so far the results are terrific. (Thanks to the posters here on the forum) So for me and a few others, just TRT alone won't cut it. But by adding in a few extras, the effects of TRT seem to better work as partners to each other.

Hope that helps

blackmh160

Awards
You need to go to another DR and get you Estrogen level tested. It was like pulling teeth out of a cat to get my urologist to test my estrogen level. They were like we normally don't test men for estrogen. I was like you know men has estrogen in there bodies like women has testosterone in theirs. So for the insurance to pay They had to put on sheet symptoms of high estrogen. Need to say after that I stopped going to that urologist and seeked out a reputable TRT clinic in Texas. Now all my test levels and estrogen level are getting normal again.

The Matrix

The Matrix

Awards
  • Established
Yes we know estrogen is an issue, why arent we looking for the underlying reason why?
Here is the main factors driving aromatase activity I have seen clinically:
1. Hidden inflammmation from enviroment toxins (mold and glyphosates) and pathogens (EBV, HSV1/2, SIBO And dysbiosis)
2. Cellular insulin resistance.
3 sluggish bile flow due to NRF2 deficiency