Clomid For Men With Low Testosterone by Jeffrey Dach MD

Page 2 of 2 First 12
  1. Registered User
    DGeez's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    27
    Rep Power
    47

    Quote Originally Posted by Royd The Noyd View Post
    There are clomiphene protocols published in legitimate journals. I wouldn't call them Internet protocols.
    You are correct. I've seen this idea before, and my doc was wanting to do something similar. I just meant I couldn't monitor myself correctly if I tried it because of my lack of insurance.

  2. Registered User
    DGeez's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    27
    Rep Power
    47

    Quote Originally Posted by lboston View Post
    Why such a high dose of test?
    I didn't think that was very high. I have seen 200mg/wk being very common these days. Do I need 170mg/wk? No. But I do prefer it over less! I have tested slightly above the high end of normal when I got my last BW. Either way, when I got my sperm tested we were still trying to find a good dose of Cyp. I started with Testim cream. Even before we settled on this dose, my sperm level was still "undetectable."
  3. Registered User
    pmgamer18's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    1,532
    Rep Power
    1090

    When you need this much / week try doing 80 mgs E3D it works much better keeps you more level and helps keep Estraidol levels down. Dr. Shippen does this way to his self.
    Quote Originally Posted by DGeez View Post
    I didn't think that was very high. I have seen 200mg/wk being very common these days. Do I need 170mg/wk? No. But I do prefer it over less! I have tested slightly above the high end of normal when I got my last BW. Either way, when I got my sperm tested we were still trying to find a good dose of Cyp. I started with Testim cream. Even before we settled on this dose, my sperm level was still "undetectable."
    •   
       

  4. Registered User
    SLW2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    614
    Rep Power
    134367

    Thanks for sharing the link OP.
  5. Registered User
    kisaj's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  210 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Colorado
    Age
    40
    Posts
    4,126
    Rep Power
    1131950

    That seems like a lot of poking. I like the 125 once a week and then forget about it. If I had to be tapping myself every 3 days with a needle to stay normal, I would look at other alternatives for sure. My endo wants to experiment with me and different levels of clomid after taking me off TRT for 3-4 weeks and I just feel like telling him to F off. I am in such a better place than I have been in probably 5-6 years and life just gets better. Do I want to be on something for the rest of my life- not really. Am I willing to if it is a minor inconvenience and makes me feel like I do- HELL YES.
  6. Registered User
    DGeez's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    27
    Rep Power
    47

    I just started with 2x's a week 80mg shots last week. Thx for the tip
  7. Registered User
    fanzdslpwr1's Avatar
    Stats
    5'6"  210 lbs.
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    405
    Rep Power
    345

    I have doing it every Mon and Thurs and like it better. its not really sticking yourself if you are using a insulin syringe. its just a prick. I haven't used any aniestrogens in months and haven't needed them
  8. Registered User
    kisaj's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  210 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Colorado
    Age
    40
    Posts
    4,126
    Rep Power
    1131950

    I've tried the insulin route and it just takes too long to pull and inject with that tiny needle for my taste. If it worked well, I would definitely do that.
  9. Registered User
    The Matrix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    5,033
    Rep Power
    7697

    Quote Originally Posted by kisaj
    I've tried the insulin route and it just takes too long to pull and inject with that tiny needle for my taste. If it worked well, I would definitely do that.
    Draw with big one shoot with small one whole process take about a minute. 170 mgs is more then.i.like.to.see majority of recommendations i give to Drs is 40 mgs 2 times a week then i start back filing all the other issues commonly.over looked in trt. Dr and their patients have been very pleased with results. This is the future of medicine. I m being introduced to the owner of the human genome project in a few weeks. Should be interesting.
    I am not a medical Dr, please keep in mind that this answer is for information purposes only, and is not intended to diagnose, treat or replace sound medical advice from your physician or health care provider.
  10. Registered User
    kisaj's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  210 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Colorado
    Age
    40
    Posts
    4,126
    Rep Power
    1131950

    Really? I guess I never even looked to see that the needle removes from an insulin syringe and the pull is the part I could not wait for. Hell, that thing is nothing, so I am going to check it out.

    I do great on 125ml a week and have little fluctuation. I wonder if I would do even better on 60 twice a week.
  11. Registered User
    The Matrix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    5,033
    Rep Power
    7697

    Quote Originally Posted by kisaj
    Really? I guess I never even looked to see that the needle removes from an insulin syringe and the pull is the part I could not wait for. Hell, that thing is nothing, so I am going to check it out.

    I do great on 125ml a week and have little fluctuation. I wonder if I would do even better on 60 twice a week.
    Pull the plunger lol
    I am not a medical Dr, please keep in mind that this answer is for information purposes only, and is not intended to diagnose, treat or replace sound medical advice from your physician or health care provider.
  12. Registered User
    Whacked's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  210 lbs.
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Cali
    Posts
    5,410
    Rep Power
    481947

    MAtrix: Would/Could this also be a"typical" course/regime for someone on self prescribed TRT for 5 years who wants to get OFF the TRT?

    Clomid and and AI if warranted?

    I am so sick of the injections I want to scream


    Quote Originally Posted by The Matrix View Post
    Been using modified version of this approach for several.years with drs.
    A-Minds HYPE-SLAYER! All posts & feedback are guaranteed to be unsolicited and legit
    "The fear of the LORD is the beginning of knowledge. Fools despise wisdom & instruction"
    Proverbs 1:7
  13. Registered User
    pmgamer18's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    1,532
    Rep Power
    1090

    Doing 125 mgs of T shots / week is fine it's when you need more like 150 to 200 mgs / week this is when you should break it up into more shots using less T / shot / week. Men do well when they need 150 mgs / week doing the shot 75 mgs 2x's / week. This keeps your Estradiol levels down from doing one big dose shot / week. And you feel more level with less of a spike in Estradiol.

    Men that need 200 mgs / week would do much better shooting 80 mgs E3D for the same reasion.

    And you don't need to use them big needles like 25g x 1" lg. men are finding they can shoot subQ using a smaller needle doing the shot into there belly fat. Dr. Shippen and Dr. John have found doing subQ into fat you don't get the spike in your T levels and it helps to slow down Estraidol levels.

    I use a 27g 1ml. x 1/2" lg. needle and I was shooting into my thich for many yrs. I have been doing subQ shot E3D now for 9 months and I feel much better and my labs are the same except Estradiol levels are lower.

    When you go to take the T oil out of the vial it will come out slow so I just pull down on the plunger all the way and hold it until I get my dose. And when you do your shot you need it to go slow anyway.
    Quote Originally Posted by kisaj View Post
    That seems like a lot of poking. I like the 125 once a week and then forget about it. If I had to be tapping myself every 3 days with a needle to stay normal, I would look at other alternatives for sure. My endo wants to experiment with me and different levels of clomid after taking me off TRT for 3-4 weeks and I just feel like telling him to F off. I am in such a better place than I have been in probably 5-6 years and life just gets better. Do I want to be on something for the rest of my life- not really. Am I willing to if it is a minor inconvenience and makes me feel like I do- HELL YES.
  14. Registered User
    The Matrix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    5,033
    Rep Power
    7697

    Quote Originally Posted by Whacked View Post
    MAtrix: Would/Could this also be a"typical" course/regime for someone on self prescribed TRT for 5 years who wants to get OFF the TRT?

    Clomid and and AI if warranted?

    I am so sick of the injections I want to scream
    Yes I have gotten many guys off TRT. It is not an easy task, but the end result is well worth it. The whole process takes about 4 months to prep the body to come off. If I get the balls up I have been asked to start lecturining to Dr's about the process by which I have used in order to do this or to transition people over to clomid. Several people have failed clomid challenge, but with further investigation, I was able to get them to respond. Some of the likely reasons where ones not many Dr's would have even looked for . Shoot me a pm
    I am not a medical Dr, please keep in mind that this answer is for information purposes only, and is not intended to diagnose, treat or replace sound medical advice from your physician or health care provider.
  15. Registered User
    DGeez's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    27
    Rep Power
    47

    Quote Originally Posted by pmgamer18 View Post
    Doing 125 mgs of T shots / week is fine it's when you need more like 150 to 200 mgs / week this is when you should break it up into more shots using less T / shot / week. Men do well when they need 150 mgs / week doing the shot 75 mgs 2x's / week. This keeps your Estradiol levels down from doing one big dose shot / week. And you feel more level with less of a spike in Estradiol.

    Men that need 200 mgs / week would do much better shooting 80 mgs E3D for the same reasion.

    And you don't need to use them big needles like 25g x 1" lg. men are finding they can shoot subQ using a smaller needle doing the shot into there belly fat. Dr. Shippen and Dr. John have found doing subQ into fat you don't get the spike in your T levels and it helps to slow down Estraidol levels.

    I use a 27g 1ml. x 1/2" lg. needle and I was shooting into my thich for many yrs. I have been doing subQ shot E3D now for 9 months and I feel much better and my labs are the same except Estradiol levels are lower.

    When you go to take the T oil out of the vial it will come out slow so I just pull down on the plunger all the way and hold it until I get my dose. And when you do your shot you need it to go slow anyway.
    This is great info! I didn't know you could do sub q injects!!! thank you!
  •   

      
     

Similar Forum Threads

  1. Men with Low Testosterone - Medical Trial
    By natiels in forum Male Anti-Aging Medicine
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 10-10-2008, 11:50 AM
  2. Advice for those with low Testosterone
    By Kingston pt in forum Male Anti-Aging Medicine
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 08-24-2008, 10:02 PM
  3. Just diagnosed with low testosterone
    By Sean1050 in forum Male Anti-Aging Medicine
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 01-23-2008, 07:09 PM
  4. Replies: 42
    Last Post: 09-14-2007, 02:25 AM
  5. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 07-01-2007, 10:42 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Log in

Log in