Does anybody know of a good TRT/HRT doctor in Atlanta/Alpharetta area?

badrad123

Awards
Hi,

I currently live in the Alpharetta, GA area right outside Atlanta and am trying to find a good TRT/HRT doctor in the area.

Thanks!

hwjoplin

Awards
I also live in Alpharetta, we're you ever able to find a doctor close by or did you have to go into Atlanta to find one?

The Matrix

The Matrix

Awards
  • Established
I also live in Alpharetta, we're you ever able to find a doctor close by or did you have to go into Atlanta to find one?
Depending on how intricate the case is there then it depends. If its just TRT there is a guy who does pellets who is very good and may take insurances. If you are younger<30-35 then I would seek other health professionals. After doing my research, I feel TRT will soon be a dying science and the intervention of integrative approach looking for the underlying issue will be the future..Seeing it more and more. I am also educating health professionals as well on it getting them off the HRT bandwagon especailly for guys <35

hwjoplin

Awards
I am turning 47 next week and though I have increased the intensity of my workouts my body is just not responding the way it used to. I am starting to show most of the symptoms of andropause. Most people guess my age at "mid thirties" and I would like to keep it that way :) I am looking to get started on a therapy that will help mitigate the symptoms and make feel more like I look. If not HRT what would you suggest?

The Matrix

The Matrix

Awards
  • Established
47 would qualify you for TRT. I just prefer to look at other issues which complement TRT to take things to the next level when it comes to a person's wellness.

hwjoplin

Awards
I am all for anything (within reason) that is going to help. I found a few docs in Alpharetta but don't really want to just pick one at random. Do you have a recommendation for one that can help me take it to the next level?

The Matrix

The Matrix

Awards
  • Established
I am all for anything (within reason) that is going to help. I found a few docs in Alpharetta but don't really want to just pick one at random. Do you have a recommendation for one that can help me take it to the next level?
PM me

hwjoplin

Awards
Matrix.... That was my first PM so not sure if I did it right... Please let me know if you received it. Thanks!

badrad123

Awards
I tried Georgia Hormones in Alpharetta. Good doctor and seems to be up to speed on trt. I'm starting test cyp 100mg a week. Is letting me self administer. I haven't tried yet but thinking of splitting dose 2x week.

hwjoplin

Awards
Do you know if they take insurance? I was trying to decide if the shots or pellets were a better option... Supposedly the pellets mimic the body's natural up and down levels better then injections. Either way thanks for the info.

badrad123

Awards
Yes, most insurance. I'm using Aetna and have no problems.

hwjoplin

Awards
Called GA Hormones this morning.... They can't see me until Nov 13th. Don't want to wait that long to get started. If anyone has another recommendation let me know... Thanks!

v4lu3s

Awards
  • Established
Thats not too bad a wait. Between my pcp saying see an endo til first appt was 3+ months for me and first shot was nearly 5 months. I think it also help me that I had 12 months of labs every 3 months showing low total testosterone. So my doctor knew it was not a momentary thing. Even now as an established patient i usually need to schedule 3 months out.

hwjoplin

Awards
I kept poking around this morning until I found another Doc in Johns Creek. He can see me tomorrow morning and he is a primary care doc as well... I will get the lab work sent off tomorrow and hopefully start treatment soon.

hwjoplin

Awards
Quick update.... The doc did a full physical with stress test and blood work including checking the hormone levels. I started on Androgel 1.62% this past Tuesday after my followup appt. Insurance is covering everything so all I have is a $35 copay. Doc said it would take a little while to build up a blood level so back in a month to check it again.