what is going to happen if I stop TRT?

LMuscle

LMuscle

Awards
I'm thinking about going off the TRT for a little while. I've been on it for 6 months now, should I try Clomid and try and restart my system? It just freaks me out a little knowing I've been on test-e for 6 months, and it worries me that I've screwed my natural production up permanently. Even though my natural t levels were low, it worries me that now they'll be even lower if I stop and try to restart. I have 50mg Clomid capsules, should I take 1 every few days after being off test-e for 2 weeks? I was injecting between 50mg-100mg twice a week, my testicles have shrunk but not dramatically. Will they go back to normal? Should I take Arimidex too? I've heard once you stop test-e, your estrodial will skyrocket. Is that true?

The Matrix

The Matrix

Awards
  • Established
I'm thinking about going off the TRT for a little while. I've been on it for 6 months now, should I try Clomid and try and restart my system? It just freaks me out a little knowing I've been on test-e for 6 months, and it worries me that I've screwed my natural production up permanently. Even though my natural t levels were low, it worries me that now they'll be even lower if I stop and try to restart. I have 50mg Clomid capsules, should I take 1 every few days after being off test-e for 2 weeks? I was injecting between 50mg-100mg twice a week, my testicles have shrunk but not dramatically. Will they go back to normal? Should I take Arimidex too? I've heard once you stop test-e, your estrodial will skyrocket. Is that true?
Before stopping TRT you need to make all enzymatic pathways are back filled properly from thyroid adrenals, nutrition, environmental toxins, GI, immune, neurotransmitters lifestyles, and now even genetic mutations are going into the picture other wise you will crash hard. I see it happen to many times.

Longtorso

Longtorso

Awards
I'm confused - are you on TRT or have you simply been pining yourself with test and calling it TRT? If you're on TRT, you need TRT - so, again, confused why someone would "stop" after 6 months. Real TRT is something of a life-long commitment....

The Matrix

The Matrix

Awards
  • Established
Some guys are on on TRT with no business being on it in the first place. It was only a bandaid effect to deeper issues. I have seen this happen multiple times which is really sad. Once a full evaluation is done there is a good chance that they can come off TRT and be able to function on their own. There is a lot of work and research that goes in this, but I have proven it can be done many times when told differently.

LMuscle

LMuscle

Awards
I'm confused - are you on TRT or have you simply been pining yourself with test and calling it TRT? If you're on TRT, you need TRT - so, again, confused why someone would "stop" after 6 months. Real TRT is something of a life-long commitment....
My endo diagnosed me with hypogonadism, but I feel like I should have tried other things before being put on testosterone. I'm just not happy with the results, and it freaks me out a little knowing that if I stop it now, I'll be totally f'd. I didn't agree to be put on TRT to feel the same/tiny bit better. I did it so I would feel GREAT. So far it hasn't been worth it at all. Sometimes when I inject, I'm thinking why the F am I doing this?

By the way, I took .50mg of Arimidex this morning, and I noticed almost all of my anxiety vanished. Could that be just in my head? Or does it really start working within 6 hours?

The Matrix

The Matrix

Awards
  • Established
My endo diagnosed me with hypogonadism, but I feel like I should have tried other things before being put on testosterone. I'm just not happy with the results, and it freaks me out a little knowing that if I stop it now, I'll be totally f'd. I didn't agree to be put on TRT to feel the same/tiny bit better. I did it so I would feel GREAT. So far it hasn't been worth it at all. Sometimes when I inject, I'm thinking why the F am I doing this?

By the way, I took .50mg of Arimidex this morning, and I noticed almost all of my anxiety vanished. Could that be just in my head? Or does it really start working within 6 hours?
It can work that quick ..still.work.on.looking into.other areas. Long road.is the best road.quick fixes are.not.always the best..

vassille

Awards

Even on TRT you can feel like crap because there is also weight training and nutrition and finding a balance. Im afraid you need to look at the entire picture. There are ppl whose testosterone is 1000 and feel like crap.
THis remainds me of ppl who take a gram of test a week and complain they dont grow and get fat. When I ask what they eat all week..well I eat good mon-thur but fri, sat and sun I eat and drink what I want and partyh all night.
Im not saying you do this but I think you get my point ...TRT or not you still need to find what makes you happy. Testosterone is not a happy pill unless you make it in combination with diet and exercise;)

The Matrix

The Matrix

Awards
  • Established
Even on TRT you can feel like crap because there is also weight training and nutrition and finding a balance. Im afraid you need to look at the entire picture. There are ppl whose testosterone is 1000 and feel like crap.
THis remainds me of ppl who take a gram of test a week and complain they dont grow and get fat. When I ask what they eat all week..well I eat good mon-thur but fri, sat and sun I eat and drink what I want and partyh all night.
Im not saying you do this but I think you get my point ...TRT or not you still need to find what makes you happy. Testosterone is not a happy pill unless you make it in combination with diet and exercise;)
Trt in.younger guys can.be a bandaide approach as I see.it alot.on drs cases. When cases are.referred out a lot of variables are over looked which testosterone could.be.masking.deeper.issues which may not effect the.person know.but down the road. Example, I had a case of young guy on hrt feelings good which was fine. Dr never checked.homocysteine levels which were extremely elevated which revealed a mthfr mutation and factor v clotting issue leading into severe cellular b12/ Folate deficiency. I reported.my.findings and told.doc he may feel great but may drop dead with a stroke or blood clot by times he's 50. By.properly finding other imbalances in nutrition Gi tract this.guy.was.able.to.come.off trt was able to transition.to clomid. End results.off.trt , identified hidden factors which could have prevent him.from.having further health issues with cvd, cancer and other degenerative health issues. Now this.is what.integrative medicine is all.about help the person as a whole rather then dealing with symptoms.

vassille

Awards
Trt in.younger guys can.be a bandaide approach as I see.it alot.on drs cases. When cases are.referred out a lot of variables are over looked which testosterone could.be.masking.deeper.issues which may not effect the.person know.but down the road. Example, I had a case of young guy on hrt feelings good which was fine. Dr never checked.homocysteine levels which were extremely elevated which revealed a mthfr mutation and factor v clotting issue leading into severe cellular b12/ Folate deficiency. I reported.my.findings and told.doc he may feel great but may drop dead with a stroke or blood clot by times he's 50. By.properly finding other imbalances in nutrition Gi tract this.guy.was.able.to.come.off trt was able to transition.to clomid. End results.off.trt , identified hidden factors which could have prevent him.from.having further health issues with cvd, cancer and other degenerative health issues. Now this.is what.integrative medicine is all.about help the person as a whole rather then dealing with symptoms.
True. Not many doctors really try to find the problem is much easier to treat the symptom. In other cases many ppl have poor diets which leads to a pletora of internal issues as well.

The Matrix

The Matrix

Awards
  • Established
True. Not many doctors really try to find the problem is much easier to treat the symptom. In other cases many ppl have poor diets which leads to a pletora of internal issues as well.
Much.more then.that.involved Im afraid ..