Thyroid and TRT questions - AnabolicMinds.com

Thyroid and TRT questions

1. New Member

Thyroid and TRT questions

Great forum! You guys are awesome.

A little background....I'm 42, fit (do crossfit 5x per week) and eat very healthy.....about 80-90% paleo. I have always been healthy and active but have also battled sluggishness and fatigue for as long as I can remember. Was diagnosed with adult add several years ago but meds made me feel lousy. The last few years I feel like my ability to focus and concentrate has been reduced. Was diagnosed with low T about a year ago (233) and doc put me on shots and then androgel (2 pumps). T went down to 225 so went to 3 pumps. In the meantime, found a new doc because mine was lost on TRT therapy. New doc seems very good but wanted to run my numbers and treatment by the board.

Thyroid

TSH - 3.664 (.4-5.5); he wants me at 2.0
    Free t4 - .9 (.7-1.7)
    Free t3 - 2.9 (2.3-4.2); he wants me at 3.4

For this he rx Armor thyroid (can't recall exact dose)

Test, est, DHEA

Test, total - 466 ( this is after having been on 3 pumps androgel); he wants me 700-800
    Test, free - 146 (20-135)
    E2 - 42; he wants me around 30
    DHEA - 97 (80-560) he wants me around 200

For this he rx 1cc test shots weekly, letrozole (can't remember exact dose) and recommended 50 mg DHEA supplement daily. ( I have heard mixed reviews about the effectiveness of this)

Cholestoral

Total - 245
    LDL - 164
    HDL - 54

Baffling that my cholesterol is hig h with my diet and exercise. Could be genetic or a result of the above issues?

He recommended the following

Multivitamin (is that needed if I am on paleo?)
    Fishn oil ( already take this)
    CoQ10 - 200 mg (have read great reviews of this)
    B complex
    Vit d3 - 5000(?)

Also, my c reactive protein is very good at .5

Any and all comments are welcome. Particularly curious about comments/insight as to how this might all be tied together and if this might be the missing link I have been looking for.

Thanks in advance.

2. Elite Member

Quote Originally Posted by Travlnlt View Post
    Great forum! You guys are awesome.

A little background....I'm 42, fit (do crossfit 5x per week) and eat very healthy.....about 80-90% paleo. I have always been healthy and active but have also battled sluggishness and fatigue for as long as I can remember. Was diagnosed with adult add several years ago but meds made me feel lousy. The last few years I feel like my ability to focus and concentrate has been reduced. Was diagnosed with low T about a year ago (233) and doc put me on shots and then androgel (2 pumps). T went down to 225 so went to 3 pumps. In the meantime, found a new doc because mine was lost on TRT therapy. New doc seems very good but wanted to run my numbers and treatment by the board.

Thyroid

TSH - 3.664 (.4-5.5); he wants me at 2.0
    Free t4 - .9 (.7-1.7)
    Free t3 - 2.9 (2.3-4.2); he wants me at 3.4

For this he rx Armor thyroid (can't recall exact dose)

Test, est, DHEA

Test, total - 466 ( this is after having been on 3 pumps androgel); he wants me 700-800
    Test, free - 146 (20-135)
    E2 - 42; he wants me around 30
    DHEA - 97 (80-560) he wants me around 200

For this he rx 1cc test shots weekly, letrozole (can't remember exact dose) and recommended 50 mg DHEA supplement daily. ( I have heard mixed reviews about the effectiveness of this)

Cholestoral

Total - 245
    LDL - 164
    HDL - 54

Baffling that my cholesterol is hig h with my diet and exercise. Could be genetic or a result of the above issues?

He recommended the following

Multivitamin (is that needed if I am on paleo?)
    Fishn oil ( already take this)
    CoQ10 - 200 mg (have read great reviews of this)
    B complex
    Vit d3 - 5000(?)

Also, my c reactive protein is very good at .5

Any and all comments are welcome. Particularly curious about comments/insight as to how this might all be tied together and if this might be the missing link I have been looking for.

Thanks in advance.
    Just because you eat a good diet does not mean you absorb it. I am finding a huge trend in people on pale where they are having abnormal levels of lipids for some un known reason. It truly is baffling along with high normal HA1C. Remember we are not what we eat but what we absorb, assimilate, and eliminate. After the age of 40 stomach acid drop by 30-40% meaning we may not be getting the nutrition out of the food we think we are getting which comes from nutrient depleted soil in the first place. If a person or Dr thinks they can get all their nutrition from food needs to have their head examined. It does not happen in this world today. You need more blood parameters done, goto my thread "getting to the core in 4 weeks" all the proper testing are listed there. If you Dr is open minded, I do work with medical professionals to better educate them on latest trends in TRT and over all wellness.
    I am not a medical Dr, please keep in mind that this answer is for information purposes only, and is not intended to diagnose, treat or replace sound medical advice from your physician or health care provider.

Similar Forum Threads

1. Thyroid questions
    By realdeal124 in forum Male Anti-Aging Medicine
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 05-24-2011, 09:57 PM
  2. few questions thyroid meds
    By akiravp82 in forum Male Anti-Aging Medicine
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 08-28-2010, 10:45 AM
  3. Thyroid and Antibodies High- Questions
    By cubs1987 in forum Male Anti-Aging Medicine
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 10-16-2008, 07:02 PM
  4. Albuterol and Thyroid questions?
    By turbofish in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 05-22-2008, 11:34 PM
  5. Questions regarding supporting adrenals while on armour thyroid??
    By willis3 in forum Male Anti-Aging Medicine
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 05-28-2007, 01:48 PM