Needle Size and Length for Test/Cyp IM Input.

ratdog

Awards
My new doc says I can inject myself in the gluteal muscle (butt cheek) with test/cyp with a needle as small as 21 ga and as short as 1/2 inch.
I want to inject at home so I can give a lower dose but more often so I do not have as many peaks any valleys. My problem, I can't find that gauge in that length. I'll even go for 5/8" if I have too, all I can find is 1 inch and 1 1/2. What needles are you guys using?

napalm

napalm

Awards
1/2" seems awfully short for the glute, i just started and am using 22g 5/8" into my quad.

1 1/2" should do the job in the glute...

BigAL46

BigAL46

Awards
Tractor supply sells 1.5 inch needles.The ones i have are 22g

bobbymac

bobbymac

Awards
23G, one inch should be fine.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

rambofireball

rambofireball

Awards
  • Established
wow, you all are using a really high gauge (large size), that crap would hurt. I've been using 25g for about a year and have no problems or pain.

v4lu3s

Awards
  • Established
I am using 25ga in 5/8 and 1" but i do delts and quads only.

BigAL46

BigAL46

Awards
It don't hurt at all. My wife does the shots for me. Did the thigh today for the 1st time. No pain there either.

LMuscle

LMuscle

Awards
It don't hurt at all. My wife does the shots for me. Did the thigh today for the 1st time. No pain there either.
I started out on 20x1 harpoons for the first couple months, now I used 23x1. Always inject into my thighs, never had an issue with pain, only occasionally hitting a nerve causing my muscle to start jumping haha

corvettels3

Awards
the past 6 weeks I've been using insulin pins the thigh with no problems.. I draw it up with a 18g and backload the insulin. I use BD 30g 1/2 inch. Keep in mind I only shoot 1/2 cc of cyp. If I had to inject a full cc I would instead us a 25g 1inch in the glutes.

16dawg23

16dawg23

Awards
i use 1.5x23 for glute and 1"X23 FOR DELT (2ML MAX IN DELT)