Which hormones make you anti-social?

Whacked

Whacked

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I used to be a total social butterfly 12 years prior to me touching anything

These days, I purposefully avoid people, go out of my way to avoid social interaction, and Ive become a bit of a recluse

I am speculating that it's the exogenous hormone use.

I am on TRT (and run mild cycles from time to time)

It's probably NOT from the flux of hormonal activity b/c Im like this year round, consistently

Just a theory........

Does this point to perhaps any specific hormine that MAY be elevated/dominate for me?

LiveToLift

LiveToLift

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I'm definitely noticing this change happened to me, I'm not sure I can say its just from the use though as I think part of it was me growing out of the social type. I really only like to hang around family and established friends these days and really don't look to meet new people at all. Good thread maybe some people who know a little more about the subject will be able to shed light on if its due to these "hormone" changes..

napalm

napalm

Awards
Growth hormone deficiency has been linked to feelings of social isolation, Read up on it.

Good luck...

Whacked

Whacked

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
First off, the new avatar has u looking sliced and diced buddy, good work.

Second, you just described me........

I'm definitely noticing this change happened to me, I'm not sure I can say its just from the use though as I think part of it was me growing out of the social type. I really only like to hang around family and established friends these days and really don't look to meet new people at all.
Maybe it is the simple, innocuous manifestation of age-related maturity (in my 40's here), however, my similarly aged friends have ALL remained social butterlies who LOVE people and gatherings and get-togethers, so anecdotally, this would not be a satisfactory conclusion :(

The Matrx: WHERE U AT BRO-mac? :D

Kekkuk

Kekkuk

Awards
I think becoming more self-motivated and secure w myself to the extreme of being judgmental and narcissistic has caused my lack of a need for social acceptance. Whether due to a heightened, sometimes detrimental respect for myself through self improvement or just a loss of interest due to aging, I withdraw.
It might have to do w my close minded nature too. Thinking strangers have nothing to offer me.
I know that sounds real hedonistic and shallow but I strive for humility also.
In short, I don't think it's the hormones...yet all we really are are chemicals.

The Matrix

The Matrix

Awards
  • Established

Maybe it is the simple, innocuous manifestation of age-related maturity (in my 40's here), however, my similarly aged friends have ALL remained social butterlies who LOVE people and gatherings and get-togethers, so anecdotally, this would not be a satisfactory conclusion :(

There are multiple factors which May be causing this neurological immune other endocrine imbalance which need to be evaluated ..

Whacked

Whacked

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Yeah, I have become wickedly judgemental of myself as well, worsening any insecurities I already previously had that used to be mild, "normal" and more subued in nature.

I also parallel your sentiment on "why waste my time meeting new people or attempting to devlop a new relationship as "he/she" probably has nothing to offer me". Horrible but true.

PS: I pray thread does NOT to turn into a psychological assessment and advice arena. GAG!

I am merely attempting to put the pieces on this puzzle potenially corroborating my theory of gear = withdrawal.

I think becoming more self-motivated and secure w myself to the extreme of being judgmental and narcissistic has caused my lack of a need for social acceptance. Whether due to a heightened, sometimes detrimental respect for myself through self improvement or just a loss of interest due to aging, I withdraw.
It might have to do w my close minded nature too. Thinking strangers have nothing to offer me.
I know that sounds real hedonistic and shallow but I strive for humility also.
In short, I don't think it's the hormones...yet all we really are are chemicals.

Kekkuk

Kekkuk

Awards
Yeah, I have become wickedly judgemental of myself as well, worsening any insecurities I already previously had that used to be mild, "normal" and more subued in nature.

I also parallel your sentiment on "why waste my time meeting new people or attempting to devlop a new relationship as "he/she" probably has nothing to offer me". Horrible but true.

PS: I pray thread does NOT to turn into a psychological assessment and advice arena. GAG!

I am merely attempting to put the pieces on this puzzle potenially corroborating my theory of gear = withdrawal.
Right! That judgmental attitude is a double edged sword.
I think the gear enhanced what our predisposition is naturally.
Roles are supposed to reverse as we age though, most likely due to shifts in hormones but if we don't allow the alpha male to subside in us, I doubt we will ever be a social butterfly--it'll always be about filling the hole--dominating and securing what's ours.

The Matrix

The Matrix

Awards
  • Established
Right! That judgmental attitude is a double edged sword.
I think the gear enhanced what our predisposition is naturally.
Roles are supposed to reverse as we age though, most likely due to shifts in hormones but if we don't allow the alpha male to subside in us, I doubt we will ever be a social butterfly--it'll always be about filling the hole--dominating and securing what's ours.
NO one is passing judgement, but evaluating the environment which one comes from will give a huge indicator to their health and how to resolve it. Being empathic, I frighten the hell out of people because I am able to reveal secrets which only they or loved ones may know about them. Do not believe me ask Ohiostate I freaked the living crap out of him a few times and now may have found the missing link to family issues. I do believe that 80% of mental issues are either biological or unresolved subconscious issues. Being trained in NLP and clinical hypnotherapy you see some unique cases which only get resolved why dealing with it at the deepest levels of one psyche. Why goes back to the orginal question where is the imbalance? Biological, neurological, psychological, strucutral, environmental, lifestyles? and how are each one of these intertwined.

Whacked

Whacked

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
TheMatrix: You took that post out of context buddy :p

He was not referring you or your comments at all! LOL

:p

The Matrix

The Matrix

Awards
  • Established
TheMatrix: You took that post out of context buddy :p

He was not referring you or your comments at all! LOL

:p
Just saying in general.persons past has a huge impact on their current health

Kekkuk

Kekkuk

Awards
...and their families'. Genetics plays a big role.
What do you think has a bigger impact, nature or nurture? In general...

Whacked

Whacked

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I concur ;)

...and their families'. Genetics plays a big role.
What do you think has a bigger impact, nature or nurture? In general...
IMO, there are simply too many variables for a global reply ya know?

As an asiode, and back OT, I STILL think there is somethign to my theory.

Whacked

Whacked

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
The Matrix

The Matrix

Awards
  • Established
LiveToLift

LiveToLift

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established

Thanks bro.

Yea I agree that a lot of my friends are still the same way and now it seems I'm the one that has the antisocial bug. It is very odd as I was not like that before at all.

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I am just going to go out on a limb here and say that maybe it has nothing to do with hormones, but rather age, life, maturity, schedules, etc...

My wife and I spent our 20s and very early 30s doing nothing but socializing. Dinners, parties, get togethers all week long. Then kids came along, job promotions, and other things in life that just made time much more valuable. This not only cut down on the time to socialize, but made us more aware of the people we were associating with and how we spent our time. Now I would much rather spend time with my family, close friends, and live much more low key because I don't have the desire to socialize on a surface level.

It's just a thought, but I know that is what it is for our reduction in social interaction.

Novice 58

Awards
I am just going to go out on a limb here and say that maybe it has nothing to do with hormones, but rather age, life, maturity, schedules, etc...
I too find myself becoming more antisocial. This started way before prohormones, trt, or anything fitness or hormone related. ( unless there is some kind of natural hormone related cause).

In addition to kisaj's quote. I think for myself, I have a limited tolerance for other peoples ****. Now that I am trying to be the best father that I can be, deal with a wife, job, responsibilities of middle age, I find that my **** tolerance is 90% used up by baseline life. Who wants to add more on top of it.

The Matrix

The Matrix

Awards
  • Established
I too find myself becoming more antisocial. This started way before prohormones, trt, or anything fitness or hormone related. ( unless there is some kind of natural hormone related cause).

In addition to kisaj's quote. I think for myself, I have a limited tolerance for other peoples ****. Now that I am trying to be the best father that I can be, deal with a wife, job, responsibilities of middle age, I find that my **** tolerance is 90% used up by baseline life. Who wants to add more on top of it.
Stupidity and.ignorance of.people.set.me off lol