Switch from Depo-Tesoterone to Androgel 1.62%; Dose?

yta402

Awards
If I swtich from 150cc Depotestosterone injection (300mg of test) every two weeks to Androgel 1.62% , what should the Andorgel dose be? 2 pumps/day, 3 pumps/day?

napalm

napalm

Awards
your physician should be telling you that, why the switch?

yta402

Awards
your physician should be telling you that, why the switch?
The swtich is for a free trial of 1.62% and to see what it's like. Yes, the physcian should tell me but you guys are my way to double check on him.

Still I"m curious about the conversion of each to testosterone in the body. Does only 10% of Androgel get absorbed? So with one pump with 20mg of T only 2mg/day is absorbed, is that right? Seems like I am getting a whopping lot more with the injection--300mgT divided by 14 days = 21mg/day injected. So how much of each gets utilized by the body?

Please educate me.

napalm

napalm

Awards
absorption rates differ from person to person, so it's difficult to answer your question. when given the option of androgel or test cyp - i went with the test cyp and am starting monday. i just don't like the contact issues with the gels. maybe easyjl, gutterpump or some of the other members that have been on trt for a while can give you more info.

good luck...

The Matrix

The Matrix

Awards
  • Established
If I swtich from 150cc Depotestosterone injection (300mg of test) every two weeks to Androgel 1.62% , what should the Andorgel dose be? 2 pumps/day, 3 pumps/day?
4 -6 pumps is usually the proper range. Secret is to rotate sites.

yta402

Awards
4 -6 pumps is usually the proper range. Secret is to rotate sites.

I think 4 pumps is max that they prescribe, at least from PDR and package insert that is the most pumps listed. Doubt my MD will go beyond 3 from previous discussion.

Am I better off continuing on injections? I don't mind them, get the injection at home. Big thing is that it seems like much more T gets into the body, is that right?