Thinking of quitting my TRT...

R

Rmartin

Awards
Hey Guys.

Ive lurked here for awhile now. Almost a year ago I put up some numbers that seemed to support TRT. Had some crappy DR's and found one that said that Test might be right.

I didnt like nonchalant he was about the whole thing so i saw another Endo on the side. She said that she doesnt think that I should be on T and that i had to suck it up.

Now the T did help. I take 100mg weekly of test and felt really good at first.

Got some results from working out
got hard-ons back
Was able to sleep

Generally healthier and felt way better.

But lately, that isnt the case. And even more recently, ive been feeling VERY bloated and havent had morning wood in about 5 days now.

I asked the Uro for an E2 test... and he freaked. Said it wasnt in his place to test like that and only checks for test (last test was about 3 weeks ago and my test numbers were about 300 the day before my shot, so i think those levels are good). He tried referring me to ANOTHER doctor (this makes 6 now) and I walked out.

I have an appointment with a new URO that supposedly is really good with this kind of stuff on the 19th of June.

But i don't want to go another 11 days without an erection/sadness/bloating/**** feeling.

Im pretty sure my E2 is high. I can almost guarantee it.

ON to the questions (thanks for listening, im on a lady rant)

What can i do short term to get my E2 down and get my self back quickly(i dont have any AI's on hand - but can visit a local store or something)?

Should i not take my shot this weekend? Am i just making it worse by adding test?

I know im not giving many numbers, but i dont have many to give this time.

Please help me out guys.

K

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
300 right before your weekly injection? I don't know where you would peak from 100mg, but that sounds really low. I do 125mg and have been averaging 650-750 the morning before my weekly.

My only issue that I feel like a raging maniac the day after my shot and then perfect from the second day on out.

R

Rmartin

Awards
I never get the RAGING maniac feeling. Im kind of naturally a raging maniac, unless this E2 **** happens to me (like right now).

I am afraid of the spike and troughs, so i halved my prescribed dosage and doubled the shot frequency. I talked to the dr and he was more than fine with this. As long as i didnt care about the shots - It was fine.

I dont know if i need more. It felt great at first. but now... I just feel like ASS.

C

Corbin980

Awards
I have been on trt for about 2 months now. Feeling great and doing 250 cc a week. No sides and it has helped lots with other issues as well

V

v4lu3s

Awards
  • Established
you cant get an ai without a prescription unless you go research chemical route, which will take 5 or more days to get to you. plus you wont really know how much to take since you dont know what exactly is wrong. or you can wait and see a dr and try and get it figured out since there is no such thing as a magic bullet.

K

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
All I have done is take Erase and it seems to be doing the trick. Damn endos and doctors won't prescribe AIs, but they are easy enough to get, if needed.

I can't imagine how I would feel on 250mg, when I am sure I spike around 1500 to still be in the 700s on shot day.

fueledpassion

fueledpassion

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Do female hormone panel test ON YOUR OWN for $52 thru privatemdlabs.com. Just make sure a LabCorp is near your locale.

It checks ur estradiol levels, LH, FSH and Total T levels as well as a CBC w/ liver values stuck in there too.

I've done it twice. Very helpful in self-diagnostics.

The Matrix

The Matrix

Awards
  • Established
Do female hormone panel test ON YOUR OWN for $52 thru privatemdlabs.com. Just make sure a LabCorp is near your locale.

It checks ur estradiol levels, LH, FSH and Total T levels as well as a CBC w/ liver values stuck in there too.

Proper.evaluation is.needed. You.think.you have high e2. Symptoms overlap making it a real.challenge.

TShoot

TShoot

Awards

I have to agree with FP. If you are willing to pay around $50, order the female hormone panel test - just fill in the info and check the box for male and you could have the results back in a day or two - literally. I had my results back in less than 24 hours through secure link in PDF format.

Being very new to HRT, I thought most doc's (maybe not endos) tried to put you near the upper end of the range @ 800-1,000ng/dl for total test readings to get a person feeling better while keeping the other levels under control. Every person is obviously different and should be evaluated as such but here were the numbers I saw referred to as optimum level for a male on TRT were:

• - Total Testosterone 800 - 1,000 ng/dl
  • - Free Testosterone 250 - 300 pg/ml
  • - Estradiol 20 - 30 pg/ml
  • - SHBG 10 - 30 nmol/l
  • - DHT 60 - 70 ng/dl
  • - Prolactin 2 - 3 ng/ml
  • - DHEA-S ~ 300-400 ug/dl

R

Rmartin

Awards
Well, I get paid this Friday. I'll pat all my bills and try you get the tests done myself. $52 isn't much to spend on peace of mind.

dies anyone know exactly what to ask for? Are there specific boxes to check or something?

every time I've had my numbers checked in the past, I had a slip from the Dr. do I have to prep one of those myself?

TShoot

TShoot

Awards
Got to privatemdlabs.com, on the homepage they have "Most Requested Tests", select "Hormone Panel for Females". Select "add to cart" for $59.99. Select "view cart", then "Checkout". It is going to ask you to put in your zip code and select the closest lab (some states don't work with privatemdlabs.com (mine didn't) so pick the closest one. After this, you'll verify your order. There should be an option to enter a coupon code...enter f4jy74cz. This should take the cost of the test from $59.99 to $50.99.

After this, you will enter all of your personal info male/female, billing info, birthdate, email, etc. After you submit this, you should get an email from them to download the blood draw paperwork (secure link to download PDF after creating online account). Take this paperwork anytime to the LabCorp facility you choose, sign in and wait. I was in and out in about 30 minutes and I had multiple tests done because I wanted so other detailed info. Literally within 24-48 hours (mine was less than 24hrs), I was emailed a separate link for each of the tests I requested.

Hopefully this helps and best of luck to you.

R

Rmartin

Awards
Got to privatemdlabs.com, on the homepage they have "Most Requested Tests", select "Hormone Panel for Females". Select "add to cart" for $59.99. Select "view cart", then "Checkout". It is going to ask you to put in your zip code and select the closest lab (some states don't work with privatemdlabs.com (mine didn't) so pick the closest one. After this, you'll verify your order. There should be an option to enter a coupon code...enter f4jy74cz. This should take the cost of the test from $59.99 to $50.99.

After this, you will enter all of your personal info male/female, billing info, birthdate, email, etc. After you submit this, you should get an email from them to download the blood draw paperwork (secure link to download PDF after creating online account). Take this paperwork anytime to the LabCorp facility you choose, sign in and wait. I was in and out in about 30 minutes and I had multiple tests done because I wanted so other detailed info. Literally within 24-48 hours (mine was less than 24hrs), I was emailed a separate link for each of the tests I requested.

Hopefully this helps and best of luck to you.
Thank you so much.

TShoot

TShoot

Awards
Happy to help! Please keep us updated on how things turn out.

fueledpassion

fueledpassion

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Proper.evaluation is.needed. You.think.you have high e2. Symptoms overlap making it a real.challenge.
I understand you bias towards doctors over self-diagnostics. I would agree that a knowledgeable doctor is the best option in any case.

But it doesn't make someone unwise to research and diagnose themselves in the event that they have either 1) An inexperienced general practitioner (in endocrinology) or 2) the individual does not have insurance to cover such, or 3) both.

With that said, I get my tests done for the purpose of verifying my health status, not to see what is wrong with me. Using the female hormone panel before and after a cycle + PCT is very helpful in knowing whether or not your supporting supplements and PCT regime did the job. As you continue to cycle things, you become very aware of what actually works and does not work in the realm of liver health, cholesterol health, and pituitary health. It's peace of mind as well as good analytical data for future improvements in your supplementation.