new member!... worried about T level.

Page 2 of 5 First 1234 ... Last
  1. Registered User
    Stats
    5'11"   lbs.

Green tea bad for you?..... Jesus christ............
    ive got no comment, ill quit drinking it then, theres me thinking it was detoxing my body..
    Im prone to two cups of it a day lately.

fluoride in green tea you mean? Or tap water? What the **** am I supposed to drink then that isnt made by the government?
    can I drink water? Yes or no?..

2. Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by mumbles12
    Green tea bad for you?..... Jesus christ............
    ive got no comment, ill quit drinking it then, theres me thinking it was detoxing my body..
    Im prone to two cups of it a day lately.

fluoride in green tea you mean? Or tap water? What the **** am I supposed to drink then that isnt made by the government?
    can I drink water? Yes or no?..
    Both
    I am not a medical Dr, please keep in mind that this answer is for information purposes only, and is not intended to diagnose, treat or replace sound medical advice from your physician or health care provider.
  3. Registered User
    Stats
    5'11"   lbs.

So what is the safest water to drink? Or safest anything to drink for that matter.. As in to stay alive but not mess brain up..
    •   

4. Registered User

So what is the safest water to drink? Or safest anything to drink for that matter.. As in to stay alive but not mess brain up..
    Filtered water..
    I am not a medical Dr, please keep in mind that this answer is for information purposes only, and is not intended to diagnose, treat or replace sound medical advice from your physician or health care provider.
  5. Registered User
    Stats
    5'11"   lbs.

Lol just been looking at those. Bout time I sorted that. But heres the thing...
    what is better the ones that go under the sink.. The kettle type ones (shape)..
    Then theres of course distillied water which I dont know enough about, but it strips all minerals??
  6. Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by mumbles12 View Post
    Lol just been looking at those. Bout time I sorted that. But heres the thing...
    what is better the ones that go under the sink.. The kettle type ones (shape)..
    Then theres of course distillied water which I dont know enough about, but it strips all minerals??
    Good water systems cost you about a grand...reverse osmosis is probably the best.
  7. Registered User
    Stats
    6'2"  230 lbs.

you can spend quite a bit more if you get a whole house filtration and treatment system...especially if you do not haggle. there is more chlorine in my drinking water than in a pool, so it was a given we needed better quality...
  8. Registered User
    Stats
    5'11"   lbs.

Apparently uk tap water is nowhere near as bad as in the States..
    according to what im reading staffordshire (where im from) is natural fluoride, and its at the optimal amount whatever that is, basically its not as bad as all the other parts of the west midlands, or the uk for that matter, doesnt mention stoke on trent specifically though (exact city im in around staffs).

I dont "actually" have a house of my own, im more a lodger so to speak. Doesnt the filter systems you can buy (cartridges etc) stand to get rid of much or most of the chemicals, idk about chlorine I havent looked for studies on that one.

im with you 100% on green tea now ive researched it, also doctors tests arent even accurate for thyroid testing due to changing molecules! That sounds bad, you know about that??

im happy to drink nothing but water for the rest of my life now, but idk how to get it safe. Also do you have any opinion on iodine supplementation, i.e. Logar's iodine 7%.. Havent priced it up yet.. I eat about 5 tins of sardines a week so maybe im getting iodine from that.. But apparently we need 12%??

answe all but only if you know what im on about hehe..
  9. Registered User

Apparently uk tap water is nowhere near as bad as in the States..
    according to what im reading staffordshire (where im from) is natural fluoride, and its at the optimal amount whatever that is, basically its not as bad as all the other parts of the west midlands, or the uk for that matter, doesnt mention stoke on trent specifically though (exact city im in around staffs).

I dont "actually" have a house of my own, im more a lodger so to speak. Doesnt the filter systems you can buy (cartridges etc) stand to get rid of much or most of the chemicals, idk about chlorine I havent looked for studies on that one.

im with you 100% on green tea now ive researched it, also doctors tests arent even accurate for thyroid testing due to changing molecules! That sounds bad, you know about that??

im happy to drink nothing but water for the rest of my life now, but idk how to get it safe. Also do you have any opinion on iodine supplementation, i.e. Logar's iodine 7%.. Havent priced it up yet.. I eat about 5 tins of sardines a week so maybe im getting iodine from that.. But apparently we need 12%??

answe all but only if you know what im on about hehe..
    No you are on the right path unlike.most people.who are being lead astray ..
  10. Registered User
    Stats
    6'2"  230 lbs.

maybe look into a portable reverse osmosis filter? looks like they run $70 and up. If you are looking at water quality NEVER believe anything that comes from the government, look to independent testing. In the area I am at we have "superior" water cause the 8 chemicals they test for are not in the water. We can use a chlorine test kit for a pool to see how much chlorine was used in the treatment of the water...and the water was so hard in this area that it left iron and calcium scale EVERYWHERE.
  11. Registered User
    Stats
    5'11"   lbs.

Cool, ill take a look at those.. Any "reliable testing kits" I can buy to test the water in our house? Is there any that test for everything? I.e. Clhoride, calcium, ion, fluoride, soidum the lot? Do I actually need to test for everything..?
  12. Registered User
    Stats
    5'11"   lbs.

Been looking at those berkley water filters are they legit?
    they will remove other stuff not the fluoride though,.. Isnt there a way to just combat fluoride build up, or restore balance, i.e. Something to take along with a "standard portable filter?..
  13. Registered User
    Stats
    5'11"   lbs.

Idk if you realise this, but the link you sent me, according to that site im well under the normal range for 95% of the population my age.. Did you actually read the tables??
  14. Registered User
    Stats
    6'2"  230 lbs.

Idk if you realise this, but the link you sent me, according to that site im well under the normal range for 95% of the population my age.. Did you actually read the tables??

you posted :
    serum testosterone
    (SCL) normal_satisfactory. 21.5nmol/L. (11_40)

first chart 25-34 males mean of 21.38
    standard deviation 5.9

second chart
    under 25 mean 23.97
    standard deviation 5.48

21.5 you vs 21.38 vs 23.97 and in all cases you are within 1 standard deviation.
    you also dd not state what time of day you had the blood drawn. if you had it drawn at any time other than first thing in the morning then your measurement was low and would be higher if taken at 8am.

your problem is NOT quantity of testosterone. you can chase then umber all you want, but you should be looking at symptoms NOT numbers.
  15. Registered User
    Stats
    5'11"   lbs.

Test was about 9.30am..

I see what you mean I get the impression your saying im in the middle because im basically just inbetween the numbers on the table, but I cant help but notice the 95% which is usually 800 to 900 for all the age groups on that table, happens to actually mean like 95% of the population? Whereas a low 300approx would be 5% and so on,.. Thats some wierd **** it doesnt make sense to me lol... Its like saying anyone who isnt 900+ is around 300 and thats only like 5% of the male popluation...(scratches head*)
  16. Registered User
    Stats
    6'2"  230 lbs.

95% means that 95% of the population is below that number.
  17. Registered User
    Stats
    5'11"   lbs.

Where do they get the no. From the? Why not just put the no. That 95% of popluation actually is? Doesnt make sense.
  18. Registered User

Where do they get the no. From the? Why not just put the no. That 95% of popluation actually is? Doesnt make sense.
    Playing number game is going to back fire. I have seen lab test from thousand's of guys and in the beginning I was same mentality. Your T is low blah blah. Now I have learned that micromanaging hormones is dangerous. People get the blinders on and are so focus with numbers and spread sheets. Its like they are on the quest for the flipping holy grail or as David Dunn put it chase the rabbit down the rabbit hole. You become this human hamster in a wheel keeping going round and round. Five years you go back to the forums same, people same problem, still biatching about same old thing..I have done it several times on forums, booked marked and then came back to same place. Guess what I found !! same people still complaining. My approach is to break the cycle for people get them thinking out side the box by using one of the most powerful tools dr's forget about ...Common sense.
  19. Registered User
    Stats
    5'11"   lbs.

Where can I find this... "Common Sense" you speak of?

Just kidding, im not trying to be annoying either with alls these questions, but I obviously worry too mcuh about this..
    I think im just going have get back into training, obviously I want to start putting weight on now though, granted Im probs gonna build up calories slowly, say 500 evey 3 months or so, cant go wrong then fat wise.. specially being an ecto.

Im gonna get one of those berkley filters as I cant get an RO system installed , isnt there some way to just "detox" the fluoride every once in a while? a good jug filter should be ok for chlorine and all that other ****e shoudnt it?

A thing about eating more.... Is it a bad idea to stock up on thing like olive oil? particularly if your trying to get to the 3500 to 4000 calorie mark due to excess omega 6? I was struggling to maintain 160 on 2500 cals so I obviously need more, im gonna go back boxing but just do it recreational and put greater emphasis on strength? lifting.. incorporate some compound lifts 3 times a week, boxing 3 times a week, a friend wants me to do judo with him too, which would be twice a week.. so I imagine im gonna need extra calories eventually, ill start with just getting back in shape for now, then emphasise lifting, im not looking to compete in anything I just want to get bigger and stronger, but still reatain athleticism,, for me if im doing all that stuff and I can maintain 180 ill be happy, but anything lower id probs get all pissy about my weight again..

I came into this with the mentality that man is healthy, then he incoroprates training to improve, but I think the reality is... Training is mandatory, if you want to be closer to what our ancestors were actually like, as technology has changed our genetics and everything, thats why you get all these crazyskinny ectos, and obese mesos, whilst anyone naturally inbetween is just lucky in this day and age.. I know im definately not comfortable with my weight right now, ive actually lost a few pounds and im down from 145 to 140! havent been eating, and been getting a lot of late night.. I aint taking no damn anti depressants fro mthe doctor, I need to take my heath into my own hands, thats why i took the food intolerance test though, and pretty much sums up why I want to find a better way to drink water than "straight out of the tao" as I feel even that could be affecting me as I struggle to concentrate.. I cant even sit and read a book on something that interests me anymore without getting distracted.. feels like this is what the government wants to do to us?..
  20. Registered User

Where can I find this... "Common Sense" you speak of?

Just kidding, im not trying to be annoying either with alls these questions, but I obviously worry too mcuh about this..
    I think im just going have get back into training, obviously I want to start putting weight on now though, granted Im probs gonna build up calories slowly, say 500 evey 3 months or so, cant go wrong then fat wise.. specially being an ecto.

Im gonna get one of those berkley filters as I cant get an RO system installed , isnt there some way to just "detox" the fluoride every once in a while? a good jug filter should be ok for chlorine and all that other ****e shoudnt it?

A thing about eating more.... Is it a bad idea to stock up on thing like olive oil? particularly if your trying to get to the 3500 to 4000 calorie mark due to excess omega 6? I was struggling to maintain 160 on 2500 cals so I obviously need more, im gonna go back boxing but just do it recreational and put greater emphasis on strength? lifting.. incorporate some compound lifts 3 times a week, boxing 3 times a week, a friend wants me to do judo with him too, which would be twice a week.. so I imagine im gonna need extra calories eventually, ill start with just getting back in shape for now, then emphasise lifting, im not looking to compete in anything I just want to get bigger and stronger, but still reatain athleticism,, for me if im doing all that stuff and I can maintain 180 ill be happy, but anything lower id probs get all pissy about my weight again..

I came into this with the mentality that man is healthy, then he incoroprates training to improve, but I think the reality is... Training is mandatory, if you want to be closer to what our ancestors were actually like, as technology has changed our genetics and everything, thats why you get all these crazyskinny ectos, and obese mesos, whilst anyone naturally inbetween is just lucky in this day and age.. I know im definately not comfortable with my weight right now, ive actually lost a few pounds and im down from 145 to 140! havent been eating, and been getting a lot of late night.. I aint taking no damn anti depressants fro mthe doctor, I need to take my heath into my own hands, thats why i took the food intolerance test though, and pretty much sums up why I want to find a better way to drink water than "straight out of the tao" as I feel even that could be affecting me as I struggle to concentrate.. I cant even sit and read a book on something that interests me anymore without getting distracted.. feels like this is what the government wants to do to us?..
    You need to look in to neurotransmitter imbalances as well as what is the potential underlying cause of why you are having these issues.
    These are done by examining the immune, endocrine, environmental, structural, lifestyle, psychological imbalances which maybe hidden. People who think they can deal with it them selves are mistaken because as I found out from numerous people our judgement becomes clouded resulting in going down a specific pathway where it be just hormone, thyroid, or what ever. It is when we pull our selves out of he situation and look from to outside in then will we see the real picture unfold. I spent many years chasing my hormones, adrenals, ect through trying to hit the magic numbers on labs. No longer do I suggest this, but I do use labs as a diagnostic tool to help make the best medical sound suggestions for Dr's for their patients. This approach has worked extremely well over the past several years. It is now opening many doors to other medical professionals who have heard from other Dr's about how it has benefited their patients as well as their practice...
  21. Registered User
    Stats
    5'11"   lbs.

ok so how do I do that?..

And tbh from "day 1" I went into this with th assumption it could be many things not just 1 thing, it could easily be diabetes testsoterone allergy's depression etc in minor doses those things combined would surely take a great effect so im not sure its valid to say ive concentrated in one sole thing, but idk where to go or what to do..

You havent really told me my options since I opened the thread (no offence)

I already told you "i know I cant get tested on nhs" so if ive got to go somewhere then thats fine, but idk where the hell I should go or for what specifically to ask for..

it seems I need a bunch of tests (more than 3 perhaps?) that id be hard pressed to get my gp to agree to or refer me for, so knowing that
    "im not entirely dense" and that im aware of this, what would be the "next" course of action, because if I switch and start researching something else like thyroid (which I got tested btw but years and years ago) then im bk to square 1..

neoro imbalances, I gotcha but dk where to go or what to do.
  22. Registered User
    Stats
    5'11"   lbs.

There are seven things there that I need to look into
    can you break it down for me.

neurotransmitter = idk what that is or where to go

psychological = this should be saved til last imo

environmental = well what can I really do ther than filter my water and try to remove dust from my room?

Immune system = hmm I know "what" it is but not where to go or what the test would be.

endocrine = thats testing t levels, thyroid and diabetes isnt it? Which im ok on for now???

structural = a wild guess tells me you mean bone structure? In which case.. "Ive been trying to get a scan for years but the doctor wont prescribe me one at a clinic due to radiation exposure" and although my wrists are curved like rickets they wont help me". My wrists are 6.5 which although small may just be typical ecto? Its the fact that past the wrist point the forearm starts to curve inwards like rickets, not even women have wrists that curve in like that, they are also completely hairless if that means anything. Im willing to take a picture and show you if you like, (assuming you have any exp with osteo type people)...
  23. Registered User

There are seven things there that I need to look into
    can you break it down for me.

neurotransmitter = idk what that is or where to go

psychological = this should be saved til last imo

environmental = well what can I really do ther than filter my water and try to remove dust from my room?

Immune system = hmm I know "what" it is but not where to go or what the test would be.

endocrine = thats testing t levels, thyroid and diabetes isnt it? Which im ok on for now???

structural = a wild guess tells me you mean bone structure? In which case.. "Ive been trying to get a scan for years but the doctor wont prescribe me one at a clinic due to radiation exposure" and although my wrists are curved like rickets they wont help me". My wrists are 6.5 which although small may just be typical ecto? Its the fact that past the wrist point the forearm starts to curve inwards like rickets, not even women have wrists that curve in like that, they are also completely hairless if that means anything. Im willing to take a picture and show you if you like, (assuming you have any exp with osteo type people)...
    Where are you at in europe? I know of a guy who will help you out on all plains. I have sent several guys to him already I gave them what I thought the imbalances where. He just confirmed all of them through proper lab testing.

neurotransmitter = proper urine test as well as intrepetations

psychological = one of the most over looked factors in a persons health I have found which usually indicates source of stress

Heavy metals, and environmental factors

Immune system =
    Gi tract, liver, and hidden infections, bacteria, parasites, auto immune disorders, ect

endocrine =
    thyroid, adrenals,sex hormones primary, secondary and peripheral functions

structural - physical issues or imbalances
    Spine out line,
    wacked on your head pituitary issues
    not sleeping properly at night
    proper blood flow,
    any strucutural imbalnace which may be preventing the body from functioning properly
  24. Registered User
    Stats
    5'11"   lbs.

If you know of someone who can test me accurately on all of those things that would be awesome, and will save me going around in circles.

im in the UK remember (england). But if I had to travel I would id just have book it off work, plus ive travelled a few places in Europe so ill welcome the trip.
  25. Registered User

If you know of someone who can test me accurately on all of those things that would be awesome, and will save me going around in circles.

im in the UK remember (england). But if I had to travel I would id just have book it off work, plus ive travelled a few places in Europe so ill welcome the trip.
    I wish I could find an open minded Dr, I am sending people in london area to Dr George Mouton hes is way a head of the curve in europe in this area..
  26. Registered User
    Stats
    5'11"   lbs.

Not sure what you mean cus you said you know of someone so I assumer they are already open minded? Or do you mean for yourself....?

if hes in london area I can get there no probs just need an idea of price for tests etc and..
  27. Registered User

Not sure what you mean cus you said you know of someone so I assumer they are already open minded? Or do you mean for yourself....?

if hes in london area I can get there no probs just need an idea of price for tests etc and..
    Dr i could work along with on cases
    Call and find out. He is incredible detailed and extensive testing. For.amount you spend on traveling put towards testing. Again check him out and find if he is a good.match
  28. Registered User
    Stats
    5'11"   lbs.

Hi, sorry I havent been able to post since but I had to get my phone repaired (long story), im gonna google geroge mouton now.. Hes in london area you say?

is this just to sort out the neurotransmitters and check if they are imbalanced or will he be able to find the underlying cause also? Im just reffering to what you said about. Checking neurotransmitters as well as the underlying cause..

ant
  29. Registered User
    Stats
    5'11"   lbs.

I keep getting george mouton the french soldier lol.. Do you know the name of his website or where he works out of? Perhaps even the no.?
  30. Registered User

I keep getting george mouton the french soldier lol.. Do you know the name of his website or where he works out of? Perhaps even the no.?
    Can not list Dr web sites one here.
  31. Registered User
    Stats
    5'11"   lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by The Matrix View Post
    Can not list Dr web sites one here.

Pm me??
  32. Registered User

here is is assistants number 07949440893
    He is quite pricey, especially for a student like me, i beleive it was 200 or 250 for inital consultation and that does not include all the tests you will have to pay for, then you have follow ups etc, where abouts are you in the uk?
  33. Registered User
    Stats
    5'11"   lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by jman12 View Post
    He is quite pricey, especially for a student like me, i beleive it was 200 or 250 for inital consultation and that does not include all the tests you will have to pay for, then you have follow ups etc, where abouts are you in the uk?
    stoke on trent :/ ....

I dont want to have to keep paying the same 250 over and over cus I dont have that right now as such..
  34. Registered User
    Stats
    5'11"   lbs.

How much are each of the tests if you kno by chance??

does he have a website?

ive just stumbled across an articile on someone with chronic fatigue syndrome, and ethalane poisoning, I had to sleep for four hours , ive just woke of from aroun 14:20 as I couldnt concentrate, the implications of the article were very off putting...

"matrix" - would testing the above lead to uncovering whether conditions like this consistent in my case? In fact will the above tests to have done cover all grounds including underlying cause (not "just" neurotransmitters)?..

ant
  35. Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by jman12 View Post
    You do not get it done with now you won't be able to finish school I have one client who had to drop out of med school for 6 months, but she back and almost done her MD. If she did not get balanced out she would have never completed medical school..
  36. Registered User
    Stats
    5'11"   lbs.

You do not get it done with now you won't be able to finish school I have one client who had to drop out of med school for 6 months, but she back and almost done her MD. If she did not get balanced out she would have never completed medical school..
    Sorry to dissapoint but I already dropped out of university 18 months ago..

ive been on a downward spiral ever since trying to get something along the lines of this..

you didnt answer my question btw :/

the list of stuff you have given me to test with the neurotransmitters; once thats done is their anything else I would need to test to find underlying cause, or will these tell me everything I need to know??

I can not get something done if I dont know how much it will cost, as how do I know if I have the money, if its £250 "per individual test" then I probably "dont".

I want this more than anything in the worls right now more than anything in the world right now. I practically passed out earlier, im sleeping 12 hours a day, I feel like my body is "shutting down" if I get any thinner I will not even step outside its that embarrassing, my wrists are now the size of a womans, and I feel I could have osteomalacia, im trying to get that sorted as well "on top" of this..

its just too much to take in, if I cant fix my health id rather just kill myself because ive already given up on life in search for answers to my increasingly deteriorating condition.

I overheard my neighbour say I looked like a "smackhead" the other day, I dont know if you knoe ehat its like to be reffered to as someone who takes smack when you never took drugs before in your life but it doesnt do wonders..
  37. Registered User
    Stats
    5'11"   lbs.

Just rang..

Told secretary I have a list of serious symptoms, I have been going round in circles for months and monhs trying to figoure out whats qrong with me, I have chronic tiredness etc.

He said they usually star with an intial consultation, then they take a few tests "specific to the symptom" and talk to you about family history etc and health, then there is a follow up appointment with the results and it is taken from there..

the secretary did not mention pricing for seperate testing or if any is usally required,
    but I am to call back tomorrow now to book an appointment as its 7pm (out of hours).

"I am just worried that depending on what symptoms I will get tested on something that is not in fact the problem" so to speak.

I will mention testing of the things matrix has pointed out when I ring tomorrow, I couldnt remember it all when I called so ill write down the list.
    better to "try" and switch off now for a bit me thinks..
  38. Registered User

How much are each of the tests if you kno by chance??

does he have a website?

ive just stumbled across an articile on someone with chronic fatigue syndrome, and ethalane poisoning, I had to sleep for four hours , ive just woke of from aroun 14:20 as I couldnt concentrate, the implications of the article were very off putting...

"matrix" - would testing the above lead to uncovering whether conditions like this consistent in my case? In fact will the above tests to have done cover all grounds including underlying cause (not "just" neurotransmitters)?..

ant
    Nope but i can imagine the tests are going to be pretty expensive, especially when all added up, if it costs 250 just for an initial consultation, then i could imagine its going to be a lot, here is hoping i win the lottery tonight! also keep us updates on things, i would obviously like to now how everything turns out
  39. Registered User
    Board Sponsor

With that Mentality you are setting your self up for failure already....
    Think, the only direction I can go is up !!!
    You have to stay positive bro! It's the only way
  40. Registered User
    Stats
    5'11"   lbs.

Did you not have any testing as such then?
    did you turn out to have something detrimental in the end?
    what kind of issues did you have if you dont mind me asking..
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. High vitamin D level = high testosterone level
    By liquid in forum Supplements
    Replies: 38
    Last Post: 06-09-2014, 01:40 AM
  2. Pct, getting worried...
    By manzolis in forum Post Cycle Therapy
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 07-09-2009, 11:12 AM
  3. Really worried about this......
    By srx600 in forum Exercise Science
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 02-08-2009, 02:46 PM
  4. New member here; Long time member at...
    By RBEliminator in forum General Chat
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 10-10-2006, 04:22 PM