New to trt

Whitedog59

Awards
Had labs done in late feb. Normal complaints , lower sex drive, erection quality down. Weight loss a problem. 53y, 5'10" 210lb
TT 466
Free T 10.3
Estradiol 31.2
All other labs within normal limits
Doc started me on Test cyp 100mg week and Clomid 50mg 2x week to prevent testicular atrophy.
3-4 weeks in this looking up, night wood, morning wood with good drive
By week 9 wood had generally disappeared and erction weaker and hard to maintain.
New labs show Total T 1299, free t 28.3, estradiol 46.8, T% fr+wb 36.7, t fr+wb 476.7, psa went from 2.8 to 3.1, dhea went from 300-366, dht 74. Any insight would be helpful. The followupmlabs were drawn at a peak 2 days post injection.

Drizzie88

Drizzie88

Awards
  • Established
Bump...Someone has to have information for this guy!

The Matrix

The Matrix

Awards
  • Established
Had labs done in late feb. Normal complaints , lower sex drive, erection quality down. Weight loss a problem. 53y, 5'10" 210lb
TT 466
Free T 10.3
Estradiol 31.2
All other labs within normal limits
Doc started me on Test cyp 100mg week and Clomid 50mg 2x week to prevent testicular atrophy.
3-4 weeks in this looking up, night wood, morning wood with good drive
By week 9 wood had generally disappeared and erction weaker and hard to maintain.
New labs show Total T 1299, free t 28.3, estradiol 46.8, T% fr+wb 36.7, t fr+wb 476.7, psa went from 2.8 to 3.1, dhea went from 300-366, dht 74. Any insight would be helpful. The followupmlabs were drawn at a peak 2 days post injection.
e2 is too high problem is that your medical professional needs to run proper labs in order to monitor you carefully. There is no SHBG which is a huge factor in determining where e2 levels should be at. PSA has been shown not to be a valid reading for prostate issues, but rather a physical examine and ultra sound would be more appropriate to rule out prostate issues. Clomid 50 mgs 2 times a week can be pushing SHBG and driving up e2 which can not be properly measured on clomid. Idea of using CLomid instead of HCG has been an idea I have been tossing around for a while, just not enough research on it at the moment and IMO would make tracking e2 issues more difficult.

Whitedog59

Awards
LH is at 6 right now should be lower seems Clomid is working as prescribed? Been off test for 9 days still on clomid, symptoms have slightly abated. Gonna draw some trough labs tomorrow

lboston

lboston

Awards
LH is at 6 right now should be lower seems Clomid is working as prescribed? Been off test for 9 days still on clomid, symptoms have slightly abated. Gonna draw some trough labs tomorrow
It's be nice to see those as well...

Whitedog59

Awards
got some labs back today, drawn 11 days post 100mg test cyp injection:
total T 704
Free T 16.8
Estradiol 40
cortisol 29

The Matrix

The Matrix

Awards
  • Established
Test cyp 100mg week + clomid 50mg 2 x week (to prevent testicular atrophy)
Makes it impossible to.measure e2 and lh will be suppressed so do not think get benefits from clomid ..be interesting to see results as well.as response on amount of spooge ..another Peter North in the.making lol. 11 days post injection makes.no.sense ..

Whitedog59

Awards
Lh and subjective testicular size. Interestingly lh was 6 after 7 weeks injections. The 11 day wait was due to schedule issues. Lab values are monitored q 6 weeks at present.

lboston

lboston

Awards
Lh and subjective testicular size. Interestingly lh was 6 after 7 weeks injections. The 11 day wait was due to schedule issues. Lab values are monitored q 6 weeks at present.
11 days after and levels that high are great. I never really thought after using Clomid to maintain the function of the boys-interesting. Have you noticed any emotional problems from taking the Clomid?

Whitedog59

Awards
Had some oddball emotinal upset for about 2 weeks. Don't think it was related to clomid. Stress at home and work + elevated estradiol more than likely were the contributing factors.

The Matrix

The Matrix

Awards
  • Established
Had some oddball emotinal upset for about 2 weeks. Don't think it was related to clomid. Stress at home and work + elevated estradiol more than likely were the contributing factors.
difficult to measure e2 on clomid on of the down fails to it.

Whitedog59

Awards
I can't seem to find any info on clomid showing any effect on estradiol readings. I will talk to the lab director to see if any definitive info can be found. My estradiol levels have been 30.2 prior to testosterone, 46.8 peak 2 days post injection at week 7-8. 40 11 days post injection. Clomid 50 mg 2x week from day 1. I am considering trying just clomid. The 704 reading 11 days post has me thinking clomid may do the trick. I have broken my test up to 50mg 2x week and added arimidex 1 mg week divided.

v4lu3s

Awards
  • Established
total test of 466 seems pretty high to be started on TRT if you ask me.

The Matrix

The Matrix

Awards
  • Established
total test of 466 seems pretty high to be started on TRT if you ask me.
If SHBG is elevated then it changes the playing field is the only situation I see happening. With these cases its not hormone related in 90% of the time , but something out side of gammit of hormones.

Whitedog59

Awards
My doc feels that Free T should be in the upper quartile, ie: around 20. He is not overly concerned with total T. My original labs showed free T 10.3, TT 466 Estradiol 31.2, Dhea 300. I think my estradiol was too high at 31.2 vs Free T of 10.3. It's all subjective. Symptoms have improved over the last week since the addition of anastrozole. Thinking of cycling off Test running the clomid as taken for a while with the arimidex and see what happens.

The Matrix

The Matrix

Awards
  • Established
My doc feels that Free T should be in the upper quartile, ie: around 20. He is not overly concerned with total T. My original labs showed free T 10.3, TT 466 Estradiol 31.2, Dhea 300. I think my estradiol was too high at 31.2 vs Free T of 10.3. It's all subjective. Symptoms have improved over the last week since the addition of anastrozole. Thinking of cycling off Test running the clomid as taken for a while with the arimidex and see what happens.
Free t is.not end all.be all. I.prefer bioavailable t over free. Think.you.need to.look at other issue.rather then hormone. Your.playing number game and its going.to.cause.more issues ..

The Matrix

The Matrix

Awards
  • Established
What other issues might be pertinent.
Depends on several factors. Got my thread "getting to the core in 4 weeks" its all there. I would need to look over total medical history and a whole slew of information to know where to begin.