HRT Dr Directory

  1. Registered User
    southpaw41's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  168 lbs.
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    PA
    Posts
    71
    Rep Power
    94

    HRT Dr Directory


    Has anyone heard of this website or been to any of the Drs listed? Hormone Replacement Therapy - Hormone Therapy - BodyLogicMD


    It's been a while since I have had labs done and would like to visit a new Dr knowledgeable about hormones and hrt instead of the usual endos and urologists I go to who just say my symptoms are in my head and want to give me viagra..


    I came across this website and was wondering if it was legit.

  2. Registered User
    The Matrix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    5,033
    Rep Power
    7697

    Quote Originally Posted by southpaw41 View Post
    Has anyone heard of this website or been to any of the Drs listed? Hormone Replacement Therapy - Hormone Therapy - BodyLogicMD


    It's been a while since I have had labs done and would like to visit a new Dr knowledgeable about hormones and hrt instead of the usual endos and urologists I go to who just say my symptoms are in my head and want to give me viagra..


    I came across this website and was wondering if it was legit.
    Over priced and not to impressed with their approach. I run into some of them time to time at conference or seminars I have attended
    They only look at one part of the equation not the whole picture..Majority of them I have ran into use cookie cutter approaches
    I am not a medical Dr, please keep in mind that this answer is for information purposes only, and is not intended to diagnose, treat or replace sound medical advice from your physician or health care provider.
  3. Registered User
    GO_OUTSIDE!'s Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  195 lbs.
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Virginia
    Age
    43
    Posts
    163
    Rep Power
    487

    Any ideas on how someone would go about qualifying a dr? What questions to ask, etc. Its too bad we cant just post recommendations, we are looking for legal treatment sollutions to legitamite medical problems.
    •   
       

  4. Registered User
    southpaw41's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  168 lbs.
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    PA
    Posts
    71
    Rep Power
    94

    I contacted the Dr’s office closest to me on BodyLogicMD’s website this week for more information.
    Matrix: They do seem pricey and do not accept insurance directly (at least the office I am working with); instead they have an “out of network benefit.” So basically I would have to pay the upfront expenses and file it with my medical insurance to see if they will cover any portion of it. So far I am impressed with their approach because they require fairly extensive blood/saliva work prior to your first appointment. I feel this is good because that way the first appointment is much more focused on your symptoms and have current labs to refer to; instead of speculating what it “may” be with dated lab work (or none all). Below are the labs they require before the first appointment.
    x4 Saliva (cortisol)
    Blood Draw
    CBC
    Comp Metabolic Profile
    DHEA-S
    DHT
    Estradiol Ultrasensitive
    Hemoglobin A1C
    Insulin
    LH
    Lipid Panel
    Prolactin
    PSA
    Testosterone: Free, Bioavailable, and Total
    T3 Free
    T4 Free
    TSH
    Cardio CRP
    Vit D

    Go Outside: I am still trying to figure that out and feel like that is half the battle for those who are experiencing symptoms of low t. I have had no luck with endos or urologists; my family Dr is a completed joke when it comes to this topic. I think forums like these are a great source of information to become familiar with all the aspects of male hormones; that way you can be somewhat knowledgeable when you are meeting with Dr’s on these issues. As far as finding a qualified Dr there is a decent sticky on that subject in this forum.
  5. Registered User
    CrazyChemist's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  184 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Hartford CT
    Age
    29
    Posts
    2,359
    Rep Power
    1545

    I made an appointment but canceled because I didn't want to start TRT yet. They dont take insurance and essentially they just give you an Rx for test.
    Back.... for real this time
  6. Registered User
    The Matrix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    5,033
    Rep Power
    7697

    Quote Originally Posted by CrazyChemist View Post
    I made an appointment but canceled because I didn't want to start TRT yet. They dont take insurance and essentially they just give you an Rx for test.
    You just have to know where to go and who to ask...
    BTW that blood work is nothing ..Tells you about 15-20% of the total picture. One of the down sides to places dealing with just hormones. What about immune system, neurological, environmental, lifestyle, structural aspects of the equation?
    I am not a medical Dr, please keep in mind that this answer is for information purposes only, and is not intended to diagnose, treat or replace sound medical advice from your physician or health care provider.
  7. Registered User
    jaydollars's Avatar
    Stats
    5'6"  180 lbs.
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Philly
    Posts
    1,436
    Rep Power
    27388

    I bet you would be better off finding a primary care provider or a urologist that is ok with scripting test, don't waste money on them
  8. Registered User
    CrazyChemist's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  184 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Hartford CT
    Age
    29
    Posts
    2,359
    Rep Power
    1545

    Quote Originally Posted by The Matrix View Post
    You just have to know where to go and who to ask...
    BTW that blood work is nothing ..Tells you about 15-20% of the total picture. One of the down sides to places dealing with just hormones. What about immune system, neurological, environmental, lifestyle, structural aspects of the equation?
    When I called BodyLogic I asked what they would do if my bloodwork came back normal and they said if I felt like my hormone levels were low then they probably were and even if bloodwork revealed numbers "in range" that they could still start me on something to "level me out". So essentially they just give you the hormones you ask for.
    Back.... for real this time
  9. Registered User
    lboston's Avatar
    Stats
    5'7"  195 lbs.
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Louisville, KY
    Age
    29
    Posts
    1,234
    Rep Power
    27130

    Quote Originally Posted by CrazyChemist

    When I called BodyLogic I asked what they would do if my bloodwork came back normal and they said if I felt like my hormone levels were low then they probably were and even if bloodwork revealed numbers "in range" that they could still start me on something to "level me out". So essentially they just give you the hormones you ask for.
    I don't know about that. I'm sure if you were in the mid to high range they wouldn't. Low normal then they may still try to work with you.

    If work on finding a good urologist and going that route. I really like the one I am working with.
  10. Registered User
    The Matrix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    5,033
    Rep Power
    7697

    Quote Originally Posted by CrazyChemist View Post
    When I called BodyLogic I asked what they would do if my bloodwork came back normal and they said if I felt like my hormone levels were low then they probably were and even if bloodwork revealed numbers "in range" that they could still start me on something to "level me out". So essentially they just give you the hormones you ask for.
    You must look at symptoms use test as a diagnostic tool not end all be.
    I am not a medical Dr, please keep in mind that this answer is for information purposes only, and is not intended to diagnose, treat or replace sound medical advice from your physician or health care provider.
  11. Registered User
    CrazyChemist's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  184 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Hartford CT
    Age
    29
    Posts
    2,359
    Rep Power
    1545

    Quote Originally Posted by The Matrix View Post
    You must look at symptoms use test as a diagnostic tool not end all be.
    Im not advocating any specific treatment, I'm describing a specific experience with BodyLogic.
    Back.... for real this time
  12. Registered User
    The Matrix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    5,033
    Rep Power
    7697

    Quote Originally Posted by CrazyChemist View Post
    Im not advocating any specific treatment, I'm describing a specific experience with BodyLogic.
    Yes they have typical philosophy "fill the gas tank" which for younger guys is temporary stop gap (bandaid) not a long term solution.
    I am not a medical Dr, please keep in mind that this answer is for information purposes only, and is not intended to diagnose, treat or replace sound medical advice from your physician or health care provider.
  •   

      
     

Similar Forum Threads

  1. Replies: 6
    Last Post: 06-14-2014, 11:26 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Log in

Log in