Getting of HCG Monotherapy TRT

scrasher21

Awards
Im a 30yo male, been on HCG monotherapy (250iu/day) for about 4 years. My levels are good now (500-700) and i feel great. Overall have no problems in this area at all anymore. However, increasingly worried about the long term effects of HCG (especially given that the beta subunit of HCG is being linked to cancer).

Anyway, part of me thinks i jumped on TRT to quickly with my doc (who basically went along with what i was suggesting). Prior to TRT my Test levels were in the 200s, but may have been slowly rebounding to normal post prohormones. Anyway, Im contemplating getting off HCG. Does anyone have any experience with this? What i can expect? And more specifically any recommendations on protocol (clomid/nolva dosage) etc..?

The Matrix

The Matrix

Awards
  • Established
Im a 30yo male, been on HCG monotherapy (250iu/day) for about 4 years. My levels are good now (500-700) and i feel great. Overall have no problems in this area at all anymore. However, increasingly worried about the long term effects of HCG (especially given that the beta subunit of HCG is being linked to cancer).

Anyway, part of me thinks i jumped on TRT to quickly with my doc (who basically went along with what i was suggesting). Prior to TRT my Test levels were in the 200s, but may have been slowly rebounding to normal post prohormones. Anyway, Im contemplating getting off HCG. Does anyone have any experience with this? What i can expect? And more specifically any recommendations on protocol (clomid/nolva dosage) etc..?
Why not find out why you need it in the first place? I recommend clomid to alot of Drs and they have been having great success with it provided that there are multiple areas which need to be address before starting clomid other wise one is most likely to fail the restart. Since implementing these approaches more guys have been making transition from HRT to clomid with a higher success rate. Since you are already doing well with HCG then you should respond to clomid, unless you have GI issues which I have found on about 30-40% of the people who failed it first time. After correcting GI issues they passed with flying colors second time around. One needs to address the whole person from an integrative approach in order to create the optimal environment for restart to be successful or transition to clomid.

scrasher21

Awards
Hey, thanks for the quick reply. Do you have any suggestions on what test I can run as a first step? I.e. is there a standard protocol for HPTA restart using clomid/nolva that you recommend trying for x period of time and then measuring against y blood result measurement?

The Matrix

The Matrix

Awards
  • Established
Hey, thanks for the quick reply. Do you have any suggestions on what test I can run as a first step? I.e. is there a standard protocol for HPTA restart using clomid/nolva that you recommend trying for x period of time and then measuring against y blood result measurement?
Look at my thread "getting to the core "