26 y/o, diagnosed low T, starting injections. I have questions if you have time..

  1. Registered User
    medicfourlife's Avatar
    Stats
    6'1"  187 lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Age
    29
    Posts
    3
    Answers
    0

    26 y/o, diagnosed low T, starting injections. I have questions if you have time..


    Thanks for taking the time to look,

    I had my T levels drawn 6 months ago, then again last week. Results as follows:
    (First number after normal brackets is last week, second is 6 mo ago)

    Testosterone-------------------- [Normal: 280-1100]-----277------474
    Sex Hormone Binding Globulin------[Normal: 13-71]--------38-------35
    Testosterone, Free---------------[Normal: 47-244]-------44.7-----84.4
    Testosterone, % Free------------[Normal: 1.6-2.9]-------1.6------1.8
    Testosterone, Bioavailable--------[Normal: 131-682]------129.9----245.4
    Alb------------------------------[Normal: 3.3-4.8]-------4.7------4.7

    Sex drive has bottomed out, I am always fatigued. No problems with my gear, just not as active as I (or my wife) would like.
    My doctor prescribed testosterone injections for home use, 200mg every 2 weeks. (I work at the clinic so I know how to self administer)

    I have read all about the possible side effects and was told about some as well, however I wanted to get opinions from pole who have either taken or are currently taking them. Positives/negatives and the like.

    Thanks for your time!

  2. Registered User
    lboston's Avatar
    Stats
    5'7"  195 lbs.
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Age
    29
    Posts
    1,234
    Answers
    0


    Do you have kids? Are you planning on having kid anytime soon? The test--even at a low dose--can shut you down and cause fertility problems...

    Just something to think about. I'm 27, so that is my major concern. I'm doing injections at 100mg every week. However, I did Clomid therapy prior to that as my wife and I were trying for a second child. She's about 13 weeks now, so fertility is not a concern right now.

    Just my thoughts. Good luck!
  3. Registered User
    The Matrix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    5,033
    Answers
    0


    First of all at age of 26 you need to find out why your testosterone is low. If you do not find out the reason you may be masking something else deeper then just testosterone. As many are finding out too many Dr's are taking the easy way out and not taking the time to search in order to find out what the real reason is. Too many guys are being put on testosterone prematurely which now we are finding out in some cases may be doing more harm then good. Better off younger guys <35 are now finding out to their surprise they never needed it the first place. Since you are not 50 years old then why condemn your self to a life time commitment of self injection of a probably un necessary med in the first place. Just from seeing you blood work I see a few factors which are raising red flags to further investigation an why you testosterone is low. Low thyroid, elevated sugar (prediabetic state), excessive insulin levels, are possible with just little information you put up. This is why it take 15-20 vials of blood, piss, spit and good hour one on one to get to the root of the problem. It takes time and people are looking for a quick fix which is going to lead into feel good for a short time then 3-4 years down the road you will probably have other issues. Right now I am getting the over flow of these cases of guys who have gone to see antiaging or HRT specialist and now are crying the blues "whats wrong with me". Look on the forums and you will see what I am talking about..The reason being is because the root cause of WHY your levels are low was never addressed. Remember hormones are just expression of deeper causes and rarely are the main cause unless its a genetic or structural imbalance especially in young cases like your self. I feel 70% of guys <30 never needed to TRT in the first place..
    I am not a medical Dr, please keep in mind that this answer is for information purposes only, and is not intended to diagnose, treat or replace sound medical advice from your physician or health care provider.
    •   
       

  4. Registered User
    medicfourlife's Avatar
    Stats
    6'1"  187 lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Age
    29
    Posts
    3
    Answers
    0


    Quote Originally Posted by lboston View Post
    Do you have kids? Are you planning on having kid anytime soon? The test--even at a low dose--can shut you down and cause fertility problems...

    Just something to think about. I'm 27, so that is my major concern. I'm doing injections at 100mg every week. However, I did Clomid therapy prior to that as my wife and I were trying for a second child. She's about 13 weeks now, so fertility is not a concern right now.

    Just my thoughts. Good luck!

    Already have 2 kids, fertility is not really a concern anymore.

    Quote Originally Posted by The Matrix View Post
    First of all at age of 26 you need to find out why your testosterone is low. If you do not find out the reason you may be masking something else deeper then just testosterone. As many are finding out too many Dr's are taking the easy way out and not taking the time to search in order to find out what the real reason is. Too many guys are being put on testosterone prematurely which now we are finding out in some cases may be doing more harm then good. Better off younger guys <35 are now finding out to their surprise they never needed it the first place. Since you are not 50 years old then why condemn your self to a life time commitment of self injection of a probably un necessary med in the first place. Just from seeing you blood work I see a few factors which are raising red flags to further investigation an why you testosterone is low. Low thyroid, elevated sugar (prediabetic state), excessive insulin levels, are possible with just little information you put up. This is why it take 15-20 vials of blood, piss, spit and good hour one on one to get to the root of the problem. It takes time and people are looking for a quick fix which is going to lead into feel good for a short time then 3-4 years down the road you will probably have other issues. Right now I am getting the over flow of these cases of guys who have gone to see antiaging or HRT specialist and now are crying the blues "whats wrong with me". Look on the forums and you will see what I am talking about..The reason being is because the root cause of WHY your levels are low was never addressed. Remember hormones are just expression of deeper causes and rarely are the main cause unless its a genetic or structural imbalance especially in young cases like your self. I feel 70% of guys <30 never needed to TRT in the first place..

    Had other labs drawn as well, CBC w/ Diff, PSA, CMP, Lipid Profile, Fasting Glucose, T3, T4, TGA, and everything came back within normal limits. I am unsure what to have done next. I have really good insurance and work at a clinic so I can get whatever I want ordered..
  5. Registered User
    T-Bone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    15,534
    Answers
    0


    Scary when I see kids going on TRT.
  6. Registered User
    The Matrix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    5,033
    Answers
    0


    Quote Originally Posted by T-Bone View Post
    Scary when I see kids going on TRT.
    My point exactly, all because medical professionals will not take the time to look for reason why

    Normal for who half of the population which are unhealthy to begin with where those ranges are derived from ?
    Those labs you got where basically worthless...People refer to me as the "vampire" for good reason, but its all worth it in the end. You need to isolate why your T is low and in majority of the cases labs will not tell it, but gathering the proper information will.
    I am not a medical Dr, please keep in mind that this answer is for information purposes only, and is not intended to diagnose, treat or replace sound medical advice from your physician or health care provider.
  7. Registered User
    medicfourlife's Avatar
    Stats
    6'1"  187 lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Age
    29
    Posts
    3
    Answers
    0


    So how do I go about that? I'm willing to explore all options available.
  8. Registered User
    The Matrix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    5,033
    Answers
    0


    Quote Originally Posted by medicfourlife View Post
    So how do I go about that? I'm willing to explore all options available.
    Ck pms..
    I am not a medical Dr, please keep in mind that this answer is for information purposes only, and is not intended to diagnose, treat or replace sound medical advice from your physician or health care provider.
  •   

      
     

Similar Forum Threads

  1. Aches when starting first time
    By shortbutbig in forum Natural Bodybuilding
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 02-11-2012, 03:06 AM
  2. Time off b4 starting bulk
    By bigsteveo in forum Supplements
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 05-13-2008, 09:38 PM
  3. Time of HCG Injections
    By jcfitzge in forum Male Anti-Aging Medicine
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 04-18-2008, 03:28 AM
  4. Dr. John Starting injections need some input please
    By magic8989 in forum Male Anti-Aging Medicine
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 11-04-2006, 03:20 PM
  5. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 10-06-2005, 12:16 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Log in

Log in