SAM-E questions about high-dosing - AnabolicMinds.com

SAM-E questions about high-dosing

1. Professional Member
    Stats
    6'2"  225 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation

SAM-E questions about high-dosing

I've decided to start taking SAM-E again, mainly to aid sulfation of glucosamine to help aid recovery from a shoulder surgery I had recently. I am taking 1600MG daily, for a month now, with no adverse effects. I expected anxiety or something at this level, but haven't experienced it.

My questions are, what should I take with it in order to lower homosystein? Is methyl-folate fine on it's own for this purpose? Or is that too many methyl donors to be taking? Anything else I may want to take along side it?

Does anyone know of any adverse effects when taking SAM-E at such a high dose? I didn't' even really ease into it. I started with 800MG for a couple days then went straight to 1600MG (of active form). Any suggestions welcome, as I expect to take this for many months.
    Millennium Sport Technologies Representative
    www . millenniumsport . net

2. New Member
    Stats
    6'0"  175 lbs.

Jarrow sells a Glucosamine Chondroitin capsule that is sulfated, make sure that it is not HCL only KCL has useable sulfate.
    FREDD's Methylation Protocol will list everything needed to support SAMe and PST cycles.
  3. Professional Member
    Stats
    6'2"  225 lbs.

Thanks. I have also found a product that lowers homosystein, which contains P5P, Methylfolate, TMG, and a couple other things. I think I will try this as well.

I may switch the type of glucosamine I am taking, but will definitely keep up the SAM-E. Very surprised I am not getting any manic type reaction to such a high dose. It's Jarrow brand SAM-E that I am taking. Highest I've gone before was 800mg, possibly 1200mg for a brief period.
    •   

4. Professional Member
    Stats
    6'2"  225 lbs.

actually now I feel a lil silly.. I just checked the glucosamine / joint complex I am taking and it contains 2000MG of Glucosamine Sulfate, and a good dose of MSM and Chondroitin Sulfate, Bromelain, C and Manganese, so that stuff is pretty good..sticking with it.
  5. Elite Member

I always start with precursors first. You get the methylation cycle spinning to fast you are going to have some major issues. As noted before you need to address GI issues before tampering with methylation other wise you are going to pay the price BIG TIME. People still understand this fact and wonder why they end up bouncing all over the place. I like to see where the blockages are then address them accordingly with proper substrates then measure the response from there.
    I am not a medical Dr, please keep in mind that this answer is for information purposes only, and is not intended to diagnose, treat or replace sound medical advice from your physician or health care provider.
  6. Professional Member
    Stats
    6'2"  225 lbs.

Keep in mind this is only temporary, for aid in joint repair post-surgery. I don't intend to remain on it afterwards, just for about 6 months. I usually only take a bit of methylfolate (metafolin) daily, and no SAMe.
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. High volume vs high Intensity, questions.
    By BoyFromAus in forum Training Forum
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 12-30-2008, 06:03 PM
  2. Thyroid and Antibodies High- Questions
    By cubs1987 in forum Male Anti-Aging Medicine
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 10-16-2008, 06:02 PM
  3. high dosing fish oil
    By pantera101 in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 03-04-2008, 11:58 AM