Maintaning fertility on trt?

  1. Registered User
    darsh89's Avatar
    Stats
    5'7"  184 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    870
    Answers
    0

    Maintaning fertility on trt?


    I have read that fertility can be maintained on trt by using hcg. I mentioned this to my doc and he said he was unsure about this. Anyone know if hcg or anything for that matter can maintain fertility on trt? Basically I am trying to decide if its worth it to go on trt or not. Im 23 and my test levels have been steadily declining over the past year and they now sit at 312 with noticeable low test symptoms, but being able to have kids in the future is very important to me, so i dont want to mess that up.

  2. Registered User
    lboston's Avatar
    Stats
    5'7"  195 lbs.
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Age
    29
    Posts
    1,240
    Answers
    0


    You can opt to use Clomid instead of exogenous testosterone. It'll maintain fertility (if not improve it) and boost your natural test levels.
  3. Registered User
    darsh89's Avatar
    Stats
    5'7"  184 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    870
    Answers
    0


    yeah but i dont really want to be on clomid for the next 5-10 years while im waiting to have kids.

    can one be on trt with hcg and come off using a clomid restart and maintain fertility?
    •   
       

  4. Registered User
    Subtemp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    18
    Answers
    0


    I was on a TRT protocol for a year and a half that included testosterone/HCG and got my prego on the first try.
  5. Registered User
    The Matrix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    5,033
    Answers
    0


    Ageless was on trt for over 20 years and had child at age of 60..
    I am not a medical Dr, please keep in mind that this answer is for information purposes only, and is not intended to diagnose, treat or replace sound medical advice from your physician or health care provider.
  6. Registered User
    The Matrix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    5,033
    Answers
    0


    We need to ask your self why are they low in the first place and deal with it at the source. As I have shown many times and guys are finally under standing trt may make you feel good short term, but long term what could it be masking. Many guys are finding out it has been hiding a lot of hidden factors which could be jeopardizing their health. Not against trt, but prefer to look for rule out factors to where people may have not needed in the first place
    I am not a medical Dr, please keep in mind that this answer is for information purposes only, and is not intended to diagnose, treat or replace sound medical advice from your physician or health care provider.
  7. Registered User
    darsh89's Avatar
    Stats
    5'7"  184 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    870
    Answers
    0


    Quote Originally Posted by The Matrix View Post
    We need to ask your self why are they low in the first place and deal with it at the source. As I have shown many times and guys are finally under standing trt may make you feel good short term, but long term what could it be masking. Many guys are finding out it has been hiding a lot of hidden factors which could be jeopardizing their health. Not against trt, but prefer to look for rule out factors to where people may have not needed in the first place
    Thats impressive about being on for 20 years and being able to get his partner pregnant. i assume this was with some kind of restart?

    Yes i am sure there may be other factors at play regarding why my test levels are low, trying to convince my doc to run a full hormone panel rather than just test (low), free test (low), lh (high normal), fsh (high normal), prolactin (normal), acth (Normal)

    The only real factor in my blood work that i have ever seen thats off is that my creatinine levels and bun levels are always high, docs assumed it was just because of a high protein intake, but as i read more there is some indication that kidney failure could lead to diminished levels of test production
  8. Registered User
    The Matrix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    5,033
    Answers
    0


    Quote Originally Posted by darsh89

    Thats impressive about being on for 20 years and being able to get his partner pregnant. i assume this was with some kind of restart?

    Yes i am sure there may be other factors at play regarding why my test levels are low, trying to convince my doc to run a full hormone panel rather than just test, free test, lh, fsh

    The only real factor in my blood work that i have ever seen thats off is that my creatinine levels and bun levels are always high, docs assumed it was just because of a high protein intake, but as i read more there is some indication that kidney failure could lead to diminished levels of test production
    Ageless was on h c g and trt. The information presented only shows approximately 10 percent of your total problem. What about the other 90 percent?
    I am not a medical Dr, please keep in mind that this answer is for information purposes only, and is not intended to diagnose, treat or replace sound medical advice from your physician or health care provider.
  9. Registered User
    darsh89's Avatar
    Stats
    5'7"  184 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    870
    Answers
    0


    Quote Originally Posted by The Matrix View Post
    Ageless was on h c g and trt. The information presented only shows approximately 10 percent of your total problem. What about the other 90 percent?
    im with you there.

    so a full hormone panel i assume should be done. What else?
  10. Registered User
    The Matrix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    5,033
    Answers
    0


    Quote Originally Posted by darsh89 View Post
    im with you there.

    so a full hormone panel i assume should be done. What else?
    Thats just the start it really depends on symptoms and potential underlying pathology from looking into the whole case.
    Goto ...My thread "Getting to the core" It will tell you there what the beginning steps are. What I do is when I work with Dr's is cast a huge net out of based upon several criteria and factors. Then from about 17-20 vials of blood, few urine and saliva test I have all the information needed to start piece together the puzzle which now can be medically validated. Once I collect the data, I go look it over then report back to my finding to Dr which we both discuss findings then come up with game plan best suited for the person.
    I am not a medical Dr, please keep in mind that this answer is for information purposes only, and is not intended to diagnose, treat or replace sound medical advice from your physician or health care provider.
  11. Registered User
    darsh89's Avatar
    Stats
    5'7"  184 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    870
    Answers
    0


    Quote Originally Posted by The Matrix View Post
    Thats just the start it really depends on symptoms and potential underlying pathology from looking into the whole case.
    Goto ...My thread "Getting to the core" It will tell you there what the beginning steps are. What I do is when I work with Dr's is cast a huge net out of based upon several criteria and factors. Then from about 17-20 vials of blood, few urine and saliva test I have all the information needed to start piece together the puzzle which now can be medically validated. Once I collect the data, I go look it over then report back to my finding to Dr which we both discuss findings then come up with game plan best suited for the person.
    u work with doctors outside of your area?
  12. Registered User
    The Matrix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    5,033
    Answers
    0


    Quote Originally Posted by darsh89

    u work with doctors outside of your area?
    I refer people to drs net worked from different states.
    I am not a medical Dr, please keep in mind that this answer is for information purposes only, and is not intended to diagnose, treat or replace sound medical advice from your physician or health care provider.
  •   

      
     

Similar Forum Threads

  1. TRT and fertility
    By solguy in forum Male Anti-Aging Medicine
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 08-11-2008, 08:19 AM
  2. 11 OXO and fertility
    By redemption79 in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 08-07-2008, 03:17 PM
  3. Trt - Fertility
    By corndog in forum Male Anti-Aging Medicine
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: 02-25-2008, 12:58 PM
  4. TRT & Fertility
    By corndog in forum Male Anti-Aging Medicine
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 02-20-2008, 02:43 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Log in

Log in