Trying to help my dad

jamesm11

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
So I brought up TRT to my father, who is turning 50 this year. He's been experiencing low T symptoms, so I told him to get bloods run at his next physical. His test was around the low 200 range, so his doctor put him on testim 1%.

I am familiar with test cycles (and am running prop soon) using SERMS, HCG, etc but know little about TRT procedure. I assumed he'd still be on hcg to prevent total shutdown. Anyways his doctor seems relatively clueless as to TRT procedure (understandable for a primary).

So how do help him find an anti aging/trt clinic or tell him to get a endocrinology appointment? And how do I find legit clinics?

He'd prefer injections than rubbing cream on every morning.

Thanks for any help.

ambulldog

ambulldog

Awards
  • Established
So I brought up TRT to my father, who is turning 50 this year. He's been experiencing low T symptoms, so I told him to get bloods run at his next physical. His test was around the low 200 range, so his doctor put him on testim 1%.

I am familiar with test cycles (and am running prop soon) using SERMS, HCG, etc but know little about TRT procedure. I assumed he'd still be on hcg to prevent total shutdown. Anyways his doctor seems relatively clueless as to TRT procedure (understandable for a primary).

inding a So how do help him find an anti aging/trt clinic or tell him to get a endocrinology appointment? And how do I find legit clinics?

He'd prefer injections than rubbing cream on every morning.

Thanks for any help.
finding a knowledgable dr on trt is nearly impossible unless they specialize in it. most drs ie. primarys, uros etc have no problem scribing test. forget getting them to give you hcg or ai, its as if they have never even heard of the drugs lol and from what i hear their common response is you dont need that. trt with an anti aging clinic is certainly more expensive than going thru dr but that is their specialty. you just gotta watch out for what they try to sell you. me for instance. im scribed 400mg/week thru my clinic. i only use 150 and all my levels are perfect. i cycle hcg myself as i dont really care for how it makes me feel

The Matrix

The Matrix

Awards
  • Established
So I brought up TRT to my father, who is turning 50 this year. He's been experiencing low T symptoms, so I told him to get bloods run at his next physical. His test was around the low 200 range, so his doctor put him on testim 1%.I am familiar with test cycles (and am running prop soon) using SERMS, HCG, etc but know little about TRT procedure. I assumed he'd still be on hcg to prevent total shutdown. Anyways his doctor seems relatively clueless as to TRT procedure (understandable for a primary). So how do help him find an anti aging/trt clinic or tell him to get a endocrinology appointment? And how do I find legit clinics?He'd prefer injections than rubbing cream on every morning.Thanks for any help.
Dr are out there if you provide us your area I be glad to make recommend on drs in your area. The whole person needs to be addressed not.just one aspect. Before a Dr gives trt he should first address lifestyle issues and possible other underlying issues other wise he may be masking something else. Example in mentality we see in modern medicine. Diabetic has high blood sugar. Insteatd of finding out what they are eating they just give him more medicines which is only giving permission to eat worse instead of correcting the eating behavior. I nearly ripped my father's Dr a new ahole when I found out this is what had been going on for several years now he has kidney issues from medicine and diabetes.

jamesm11

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
He has high BP and is in an ACE inhibitor and calcium channel med for it. It's genetic though, not lifestyle issues as I have it as well.

He lives in the Boston area as well if you are familiar with any clinics there.

The Matrix

The Matrix

Awards
  • Established
I would check out an endo just to get the proper testing done. You can also call local compounding pharmacy for a list of Dr who use.them. you can also get blood testing from lef.org or other one line testing sites for you own information.

DetroitHammer

DetroitHammer

Awards
  • Established
He has high BP and is in an ACE inhibitor and calcium channel med for it. It's genetic though, not lifestyle issues as I have it as well.

He lives in the Boston area as well if you are familiar with any clinics there.
There is no conflict using testosterone and an ACE inhibitor, like Lisinopril. I use it myself. I would check to make sure his EGFR is good. High blood pressure can affect kidney functions.

When it comes to TRT, doctors are all over the place. A person like your dad can go to 10 different doctors and get 12 different treatments. One may give him 100mgs of test every three weeks while another may give him 200mgs every week.

This is what I do, if it's any help. I get my own blood work done through LabCorp every three months. It costs about $300 for a full anti aging panel. I share that with my doctor, but it's my test. I have a prescription through him for test-e, 200mgs a week. Through other sources I get Aromasin, HCG and other gear, like Vit B-12 all the way to Tren. If I decide to blast, I do so and enjoy the ride, watching my sides. I do a lot of research into prostrate health, heart disease, etc., so I can monitor my health at home. I have a BP machine that I use a couple of times a day.

I discuss things with my doctor, but do not totally rely on him. To me, he's a source of prescription grade test and a source for Lisinopril. I value his opinion, but I treat him like an attorney; he's there to advise me, not make decisions for me.

jamesm11

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Thanks for the replies. The dr said he can get off whenever he wants and he'll just feel lethargic for a few weeks. I didn't like that. If he's on TRT he's going to shutdown, even with hcg. I know it's possible to jumpstart with hcg and clomid, but shutdown can be irreversible in some cases. I just found that to be unprofessional and dangerous

The Matrix

The Matrix

Awards
  • Established
Thanks for the replies. The dr said he can get off whenever he wants and he'll just feel lethargic for a few weeks. I didn't like that. If he's on TRT he's going to shutdown, even with hcg. I know it's possible to jumpstart with hcg and clomid, but shutdown can be irreversible in some cases. I just found that to be unprofessional and dangerous
If he is low then there should be no hesitation to administered proper trt. It may be doing more damage to the heart then anything with out it