My estrogen is out of range, I need your opinion on why - AnabolicMinds.com - Page 2

My estrogen is out of range, I need your opinion on why

Page 2 of 2 First 12
  1. New Member
    Stats
    5'6"  190 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by rfarns01 View Post
    Better to lose your hair, than erections and sex drive. You can always shave your head and will have more sex than men with hair anyways.
    I started balding in my early 20s...by 30, I shaved it all off. The response? Everyone said it looked great and I got more attention from women than before (wife not so happy about that).

For the OP... if you insist on blocking DHT, then using a DHT increaser will just be a waste of time for both goals. OTC you can get Erase or Rx/RCs are those I mentioned above that will deal with E2. Those may work in conjunction with Fin.
    Pain is just weakness leaving the body...

2. mcr
    Stats
    5'9"  160 lbs.

Shaving not for me. So while on fin I need to take something to prevent E2 from being too high. Anything over the counter that can do this?
  3. New Member
    Stats
    5'6"  190 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by mcr View Post
    Shaving not for me. So while on fin I need to take something to prevent E2 from being too high. Anything over the counter that can do this?
    Erase is pretty popular. Good luck with the follicles.... fighting mother nature is a bitch.
    Pain is just weakness leaving the body...
    •   

4. New Member
    Stats
    5'9"  140 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by mcr View Post
    So far one week off finasteride.
    If I take only .2mg of finasteride, will it block enough DHT to save my hair without raising E2 to abnormal levels? Is there a proven way to block DHT in the scalp only?
    Azelaic acid topical treatment will block DHT locally. Maybe not enough for everyone but it works for many.
  5. mcr
    Stats
    5'9"  160 lbs.

Got the results of another blood test, this time I am not on finasteride or lyrica or anything

Total T: 434 ng/dL (ref range 250-1100)
    Free T: 65 pg/mL (ref range 35-155)
    Estradiol: 14 pg/mL (normal is below 29)

Questions:

Is it normal that my total T went from 950 8 years ago to 434 now? It seems like a huuuuuge drop. I know T levels fluctuate but in all my recent tests my T is in the 400s or 500s. That seems quite low for me.
    Is my free T okay for bodybuilding purposes?

I will do another blood test in a few days to see what happens in I take lyrica but not finasteride.
  6. Board Moderator
    Never enough
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

a single test that showed 950 could have been an anomaly, potentially a lab error. I'd have to question even why you had a testosterone level test at 25?

Also, diet plays a HUGE part in hormone levels. If you used to eat more saturated fat then, and eat a lot less now it would most definitely impact that.

You have to define "bodybuilding purposes" - are you trying to get to a ripped 175? a competition stage ready 175? a ripped 200? all are different. Ripped 175 sure, competition level bodyfat at 175 is a little iffy, but possible. Probably reaching a really ripped 200 would be hard at that T level, but it would be hard at your prior level too if that was accurate.
    This space for rent

Phenadrol Log http://anabolicminds.com/forum/suppl...-hell-did.html - AMAZING fat loss results so far
  7. Elite Member

Quote Originally Posted by EasyEJL
    a single test that showed 950 could have been an anomaly, potentially a lab error. I'd have to question even why you had a testosterone level test at 25?

Also, diet plays a HUGE part in hormone levels. If you used to eat more saturated fat then, and eat a lot less now it would most definitely impact that.

You have to define "bodybuilding purposes" - are you trying to get to a ripped 175? a competition stage ready 175? a ripped 200? all are different. Ripped 175 sure, competition level bodyfat at 175 is a little iffy, but possible. Probably reaching a really ripped 200 would be hard at that T level, but it would be hard at your prior level too if that was accurate.
    Improper sleep or.immune system dysfunction can lower testosterone by 60%. Why all areas need to.be explored
    I am not a medical Dr, please keep in mind that this answer is for information purposes only, and is not intended to diagnose, treat or replace sound medical advice from your physician or health care provider.

Similar Forum Threads

1. My estrogen is out of range, I need your opinion on why
    By mcr in forum Male Anti-Aging Medicine
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 04-24-2012, 12:21 PM
  2. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 04-24-2012, 12:48 AM
  3. Rep range for Abs
    By STFUANDTRAIN in forum Exercise Science
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 04-13-2012, 11:32 PM
  4. Rep Range...