Melatonin and test levels

1. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    17.34%

Melatonin and test levels

Hi all,

I want to know the effects of melatonin on test levels based on proper research(anecdotal experiences are also welcomed).I use melatonin and feel groggy next day even less than 1mg dose.

2. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    34%

May I suggest that you also look at the research on sleep cycles as well. When I take melatonin, each cycle appears to be longer and deeper (I have an app that gives a rough estimate) and if I wake up in the middle of a deep cycle, I'm groggy much of the day. This happens without melatonin as well of course, but not as much.

Getting up when the body wakes to go to the bathroom (assuming it's just a little before the alarm goes off) or sleeping just a little longer does wonders. There are a few of apps that will help find the right cycle length for you. Good luck!
  3. Elite Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    36.99%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

Quote Originally Posted by Hope View Post
    Hi all,

I want to know the effects of melatonin on test levels based on proper research(anecdotal experiences are also welcomed).I use melatonin and feel groggy next day even less than 1mg dose.
    Then you do not need it.
    at that dosage bare minimum should not effect test levels. Need to work on proper sleep hygiene and stress management before taking anything. With out know vital information, you are just farting in the wind so to speak.
    I am not a medical Dr, please keep in mind that this answer is for information purposes only, and is not intended to diagnose, treat or replace sound medical advice from your physician or health care provider.
    •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Replies: 6
    Last Post: 08-03-2011, 01:16 PM
  2. Replies: 3
    Last Post: 07-29-2011, 01:34 PM
  3. melatonin lowers or raises testosterone levels?
    By JoeHT in forum Supplements
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 07-03-2010, 02:54 PM
  4. Melatonin can cause a test decrease?
    By jjohn in forum Supplements
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 06-24-2008, 08:08 PM
  5. Replies: 9
    Last Post: 03-11-2007, 08:17 AM