Drinking and test or TRT - AnabolicMinds.com

Drinking and test or TRT

1. Professional Member
    Stats
    6'0"  210 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Drinking and test or TRT

There are so many articles and reports that do not agree out there on the level that moderate (3-4 drinks a week) have on test, that it is hard to know the truth. Some say it hampers test by up to 23% in the following 24 hours (!!), and I have come across some that report 3-5%. Is there really any place to determine or understand the impact that it has on us? It is conflicting because I see and hear just as much about light to moderate drinking actually being healthier than abstinence.

I am also wondering about TRT. If you are on a plan and have a few drinks, does it undo what you are you trying to accomplish- that being getting test to normal levels?

2. Elite Member

Quote Originally Posted by kisaj View Post
    There are so many articles and reports that do not agree out there on the level that moderate (3-4 drinks a week) have on test, that it is hard to know the truth. Some say it hampers test by up to 23% in the following 24 hours (!!), and I have come across some that report 3-5%. Is there really any place to determine or understand the impact that it has on us? It is conflicting because I see and hear just as much about light to moderate drinking actually being healthier than abstinence.

I am also wondering about TRT. If you are on a plan and have a few drinks, does it undo what you are you trying to accomplish- that being getting test to normal levels?
    I had a person who went binge drinking on weekend I saw his e2 doubled, cholesterol was off. I was like WTF did you do over the weekend. He was like a partied. I was like I can tell. LOL Depends on how fast your body can detoxify it is the true answer. Majority of people i see are very slow...
    I am not a medical Dr, please keep in mind that this answer is for information purposes only, and is not intended to diagnose, treat or replace sound medical advice from your physician or health care provider.
  3. Professional Member
    Stats
    6'0"  210 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

So essentially, there is no real blanket answer, it just depends on the individual. I am curious about this because I have upgraded my lifestyle dramatically since my late 20s/early 30s, but still have an active social life. Now I find the balance between health and gains and socializing a little difficult at times.
    •   

4. New Member
    Stats
    5'6"  210 lbs.

2-4 beers 1-2 times per week is fine just as long everything else is in check. moderate drinking has been shown to raise DHEA by 20% the following day. I wouldn't even think of a drink if you were using prohormones though. TRT dosages are fine.
  5. Elite Member

Please provide source of information where it was found.
    I am not a medical Dr, please keep in mind that this answer is for information purposes only, and is not intended to diagnose, treat or replace sound medical advice from your physician or health care provider.
  6. New Member
    Stats
    5'6"  210 lbs.

playboy mag

Similar Forum Threads

1. Drinking night before blood test...
    By MikeGfilms in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 06-26-2010, 08:29 PM
  2. Drinking
    By theshocker21 in forum General Chat
    Replies: 152