Drinking and test or TRT

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
There are so many articles and reports that do not agree out there on the level that moderate (3-4 drinks a week) have on test, that it is hard to know the truth. Some say it hampers test by up to 23% in the following 24 hours (!!), and I have come across some that report 3-5%. Is there really any place to determine or understand the impact that it has on us? It is conflicting because I see and hear just as much about light to moderate drinking actually being healthier than abstinence.

I am also wondering about TRT. If you are on a plan and have a few drinks, does it undo what you are you trying to accomplish- that being getting test to normal levels?

The Matrix

The Matrix

Awards
  • Established
There are so many articles and reports that do not agree out there on the level that moderate (3-4 drinks a week) have on test, that it is hard to know the truth. Some say it hampers test by up to 23% in the following 24 hours (!!), and I have come across some that report 3-5%. Is there really any place to determine or understand the impact that it has on us? It is conflicting because I see and hear just as much about light to moderate drinking actually being healthier than abstinence.

I am also wondering about TRT. If you are on a plan and have a few drinks, does it undo what you are you trying to accomplish- that being getting test to normal levels?
I had a person who went binge drinking on weekend I saw his e2 doubled, cholesterol was off. I was like WTF did you do over the weekend. He was like a partied. I was like I can tell. LOL Depends on how fast your body can detoxify it is the true answer. Majority of people i see are very slow...

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
So essentially, there is no real blanket answer, it just depends on the individual. I am curious about this because I have upgraded my lifestyle dramatically since my late 20s/early 30s, but still have an active social life. Now I find the balance between health and gains and socializing a little difficult at times.

fanzdslpwr1

Awards
2-4 beers 1-2 times per week is fine just as long everything else is in check. moderate drinking has been shown to raise DHEA by 20% the following day. I wouldn't even think of a drink if you were using prohormones though. TRT dosages are fine.

The Matrix

The Matrix

Awards
  • Established
Please provide source of information where it was found.