Under methylation and T4 ?

shbg82

Awards
I'm looking for an explaination, as to why, T4 (Synthroid) would exacerbate an Under Methylation (UM) problem?
I had no hint of any histamine problems until I was put on T4. T4 increased my UM, and made me unable to tolerate most high content polyphenols.
P5P, Metafolin, Methyl B12, Choline, has stopped 10 years of inexplicable rhinitis, started by T4.
Matrix, do you have any insight in to why T4 would stress my methyl reserves?
It is dosage related; the more T4, the worst the allergic reaction.
T3 did not add to my UM, only T4.

The Matrix

The Matrix

Awards
  • Established
I'm looking for an explaination, as to why, T4 (Synthroid) would exacerbate an Under Methylation (UM) problem?
I had no hint of any histamine problems until I was put on T4. T4 increased my UM, and made me unable to tolerate most high content polyphenols.
P5P, Metafolin, Methyl B12, Choline, has stopped 10 years of inexplicable rhinitis, started by T4.
Matrix, do you have any insight in to why T4 would stress my methyl reserves?
It is dosage related; the more T4, the worst the allergic reaction.
T3 did not add to my UM, only T4.
One of the underlying casuses of adrenal issues is UM. People may be undermethylated first then adrenals are impaired over time. I have been researching this alot, and it seems that genetics plays into a huge factor if people are predisposed to adrenal insufficiency. Correct methylation cycle which I have done through modulation of the GI and methylation support was one of the biggest factors which allowed me to get off of cortef and thyroid. Next step is modulation of neurotransmitters for the final piece of the puzzle. So it really can be easily explained that T4 was stressing adrenals which can put excessive stress on methylation cycle. Why you need to address all factors in order to get well. HRT in retrospect is only just a small piece of the puzzle in certain biological situation. I actually have a case study where a guy failed a clomid challenge, 4 months later after correcting GI, liver, building blocks, we tried a restart again TT 700 vs 320 the first time. I can only imagine how many guys who failed the clomid challenge because other underlying were never addressed.