low testosterone frustration

RamJam

Awards
hey guys....im 28 and im frustrated. I have been recently diagnosed with low T as a year ago. My first reading was 330 (250 being the bottom line test), then 220 (250, being the low for test), 269 (250 being the low) and 289 (250 being the low). This has been over the last year....
I have seen two different endocrinologist and have been frustrated. Both think I am borderline and do not like to proceed forward with any help. The first proscribed androgel, which I wasnt pleased about and refused to take without support supplements such as HCG or anything (Which he wont prescribe).
-So i decided to switch docs, this one again agreed my test was somewhat low for my age and doesnt want to move forward with anything until he monitors it for months. I have asked to start out by trying clomid, which was denied because it was "experimental." Also asked about trying jsut HCG and that was denied as well.
-basically i cant find a good doctor and dont have time to travel with work......so my question is what the **** do i do? any suggestions?

The Matrix

The Matrix

Awards
  • Established
hey guys....im 28 and im frustrated. I have been recently diagnosed with low T as a year ago. My first reading was 330 (250 being the bottom line test), then 220 (250, being the low for test), 269 (250 being the low) and 289 (250 being the low). This has been over the last year....
I have seen two different endocrinologist and have been frustrated. Both think I am borderline and do not like to proceed forward with any help. The first proscribed androgel, which I wasnt pleased about and refused to take without support supplements such as HCG or anything (Which he wont prescribe).
-So i decided to switch docs, this one again agreed my test was somewhat low for my age and doesnt want to move forward with anything until he monitors it for months. I have asked to start out by trying clomid, which was denied because it was "experimental." Also asked about trying jsut HCG and that was denied as well.
-basically i cant find a good doctor and dont have time to travel with work......so my question is what the **** do i do? any suggestions?
First of all you need to find the underlying cause of why you need it in the first place (which may not be true). As we are seeing Dr's are treating symptoms not the underlying cause which is leading to short term satisfaction, but not long term gradification in many cases I am currently seeing with Dr's I am working with. HRT is a good bridge to make a person feel good, but then the Dr needs to keep investigating why. As many are finding out who are less then 35 there may be hidden imbalances once correct there levels returns to normal. Again every case is different, but if you are not primary then there may be a good chance you may be able to come off it in the near future. As I have learned being psychologically hooked on thyroid and cortef was like a prison statement. They ran my life. Now since being off them I feel a sense of freedom. I know people who have their phone set to remind them to take meds. I'd rather be dead then to live a life like that seriously. So where are you located so I can point you into the right direction with a national wide group of medical professionals I am associated with who handle your case. These people are more open minded then normal Dr's

G3NEiol_lwS

Awards
ide rotate between using alot of hcg which naturally stimulates test production and clomid. maybe rotate using different aromatse inhibitors also. aromatase converts free testosterone into estrogen so getting rid of it should very much help.

The Matrix

The Matrix

Awards
  • Established
ide rotate between using alot of hcg which naturally stimulates test production and clomid. maybe rotate using different aromatse inhibitors also. aromatase converts free testosterone into estrogen so getting rid of it should very much help.
Best advice:
Find potential underlying pathology before implementing HRT, because it can come back and smack you in the azz if you do not.

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
The first proscribed androgel, which I wasnt pleased about and refused to take without support supplements such as HCG or anything (Which he wont prescribe).
Why? what support supplements do you need when a) you already aren't producing the testosterone and b) are just replacing what your body should be producing.

G3NEiol_lwS

Awards
Best advice:
Find potential underlying pathology before implementing HRT, because it can come back and smack you in the azz if you do not.
its probably best to do both

The Matrix

The Matrix

Awards
  • Established
its probably best to do both
I would have to agree, but it depends on the case scenerio. Once the trigger is found I have seen guys turn around in matter of a few weeks getting going on their own with out need for TRT. I recommend Dr who are treating younger guys to supplement some Testosterone for a short period of time so they can have a functioning life, and body can actually repair. Then start digging for other issues, but if adrenals and thyroid is out adding testosterone is not the best solution in this case.

G3NEiol_lwS

Awards
i meant to say use hcg with an AI not an ER cuz hcg makes aromatase go up thats why u need something like Arimidex. its prolly better to use both an er and and ai though

DrGolan

Awards
Matrix is right on the money. Just throwing different meds at this is not THE BEST answer. It may work, but it is far better to look for the cause and treat that!

The Matrix

The Matrix

Awards
  • Established
Matrix is right on the money. Just throwing different meds at this is not THE BEST answer. It may work, but it is far better to look for the cause and treat that!
Good to see a medical professional who agrees with me because others think I am a quack or dangerous to people, ect...go figure
Must be doing something right when I am working with multiple physicians across the country :)

JanSz

JanSz

Awards
  • Established
I would have to agree, but it depends on the case scenerio. Once the trigger is found I have seen guys turn around in matter of a few weeks getting going on their own with out need for TRT. I recommend Dr who are treating younger guys to supplement some Testosterone for a short period of time so they can have a functioning life, and body can actually repair. Then start digging for other issues, but if adrenals and thyroid is out adding testosterone is not the best solution in this case.
There is a theory that says that adrenals/thyroid combo can be greatly helped by using cold therapy.
Any opinion on that?

ohiostate2827

ohiostate2827

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Good to see a medical professional who agrees with me because others think I am a quack or dangerous to people, ect...go figure
Must be doing something right when I am working with multiple physicians across the country :)
let me know when you get with a doc in Ohio..ill be giving you a call soon

The Matrix

The Matrix

Awards
  • Established
let me know when you get with a doc in Ohio..ill be giving you a call soon
If you getting proper care by a dr currently great. Looking out side those factors would be beneficial. When you take an integrative approach one is more likely to more comprehensive result.