Anyone with experience with T4 weight gain?

jarhead

jarhead

Awards
  • Established
I was recently put on low dose t4 25 mcg along with my trt 200mg every two weeks. I have been reading horror stories about people GAINING weight on it( partly from a problem with it not being converted to t3), which makes me very nervous that I started treatment. In fact I have seen more people with trouble from it than have benefited from it online. I have been thru tons of bloodwork as well as sonograms on liver, and mri on pituitary. The only negative results have been- very low test which I'm being treated for, a fatty liver, elevated alt of 105, and a TSH of 4. Does anyone have experience with weight gain or have positive results from t4 treatment? Also how much can an elevated ALT be attributed to strenuous exercise? Here is my other thread in the over 35 section that is a little more in depth about my treatment. http://anabolicminds.com/forum/35-older/196702-update-after-3-a.html

The Matrix

The Matrix

Awards
  • Established
Need to isolate why tsh is elevated in first place. Is medicine really needed.. Evaluate the adrenals, ferritin and other factors may allow for better tissue response.
Along if there is a conversion issue or if you are teasing the thyroid with not enough hormone. There are multiple factors which need to be evaluate properly but most Mrs won't look into.