Anti-aging doctors

Page 1 of 2 12 Last
  1. Anti-aging doctors


    I'm a young guy, I turn 30 in may, and I've been experiencing issues with stress, PE, possible adrenal fatigue, significantly reduced cognitive function, hair loss and graying, and gradual increase in visceral fat gain, basically I am getting older, but I have good muscle mass and test levels in the 600s as per last bloodwork

    So started doing research about anti-aging docs hoping to get see one and get labs done to evaluate any possible imbalances or set my mind at ease, discuss family medical history, possible plans for future etc, however these places have enormous initial fees and bad reviews on complaint sites

    Anyone have experience with these places? I live in Philadelphia area and did find a clinic hear, but don't want to pay 1500 to have a doc sell me 400 vitamins blends

    The whole idea of this was I wanted to see if I was a candidate now or in the future for HGH, or anything else to get my Johnson working better and just overall happier and healthier

    I want to stay young and healthy looking and feeling, and figured if low dose HGH could help or I wanted to at least research it, however speaking to these doctors involves big hoops and very expensive up front tests

    Any experiences with these type of doctors?


  2. They might give you test, dunno about hgh though.
    •   
       


  3. Do you just want hormones or do you want to fix the problems in your life? To me it sounds like you wont find the fix at an anti aging clinic when its your lifestyle that needs to be fixed.

  4. Quote Originally Posted by v4lu3s
    Do you just want hormones or do you want to fix the problems in your life? To me it sounds like you wont find the fix at an anti aging clinic when its your lifestyle that needs to be fixed.
    Tell me what to fix

    I have a great job that provides for my family, I eat 6-7 meals everyday and avoid all processed grains and saturated fats, ear mostly meats veggies fruits and whole grains, exercise 3-5 times a week, have a beautiful child and a girlfriend who will be my wide soon, also go to night school for a law program

    I'm a happy man

  5. Quote Originally Posted by shovelheaddev
    They might give you test, dunno about hgh though.
    Yeah, don't think I need that since my test levels are fine, not wanting to deal with as well, of I wanted test I wouldn't go this route

    I want to be able to speak with a doctor, but I have a hard time paying so much money up front

    If I could go in a talk to them, discuss everything, then maybe get expensive testing I would be cool with that
    •   
       


  6. Quote Originally Posted by jaydollars View Post
    Yeah, don't think I need that since my test levels are fine, not wanting to deal with as well, of I wanted test I wouldn't go this route

    I want to be able to speak with a doctor, but I have a hard time paying so much money up front

    If I could go in a talk to them, discuss everything, then maybe get expensive testing I would be cool with that
    Since philly is my stomping grounds and just about every one in the bodybuilding and health industry, I can tell you these Dr's are out for one thing and one thing only MONEY. If a dr referred me his patient with 600 TT and was asking about hrt. It would be obvious what there real intent was (enhanced Proformance) which HRT is not all about. Seeing you are from philly and I know all of these Dr's are either cengenetics, bodylogic MD, or Renu man they are all about the money and not your well being. Most logical explaination is look for the root cause instead of chasing hormones like most people do on line. In 1000's of cases I have dealt relative to yours its not hormones which is the issue but something totally out side the box. You are justing making a DR very rich who has little clue to what is really going on with you.
    I am not a medical Dr, please keep in mind that this answer is for information purposes only, and is not intended to diagnose, treat or replace sound medical advice from your physician or health care provider.

  7. don't go to bodylogic, dr varano in that area he ripped me off for $1000, he don't know what the F he's talking about!!!

  8. Quote Originally Posted by jaydollars View Post
    Tell me what to fix

    I have a great job that provides for my family, I eat 6-7 meals everyday and avoid all processed grains and saturated fats, ear mostly meats veggies fruits and whole grains, exercise 3-5 times a week, have a beautiful child and a girlfriend who will be my wide soon, also go to night school for a law program

    I'm a happy man

    Well that's quite a contrast to

    I've been experiencing issues with stress, PE, possible adrenal fatigue, significantly reduced cognitive function, hair loss and graying, and gradual increase in visceral fat gain,


    so what is it? happy or stressed?

    if you feel that you have adrenal fatigue then address that issue rather than going to get on hgh and testosterone. if you have reduced cognitive function that could be related to stress that you may or may not have.
    as far as hair loss and graying maybe you have a problem...or maybe you just are prone to hair loss and early greying. i know guys in their late 20s who have graying, and i have seen my cousin have a receding hairline starting at age 25...

  9. Great answers guys, Matrix thanks for the advice

    I'll stay away from these doctors

  10. Quote Originally Posted by v4lu3s

    Well that's quite a contrast to
    So you can't be happy and experience stress and ding dong issues, thanks

  11. so stress issues do not affect your health is what you are saying?

  12. Quote Originally Posted by jaydollars View Post
    So you can't be happy and experience stress and ding dong issues, thanks
    I'm in philly and work with a few Dr's in the system, but 30 years old I be looking at the reason you need T in the first place because it may most likely be masking something deeper and more insidious as we commonly seen by run of the mill Anti aging specialist. Sorry but we are not a testosterone mill unfortunately, but rather look for imbalances which may affect you later on in your life. When people are playing with hormones now will only be playing later on with other health issue which they had no idea where even there. I see it on a daily basis.
    I am not a medical Dr, please keep in mind that this answer is for information purposes only, and is not intended to diagnose, treat or replace sound medical advice from your physician or health care provider.

  13. Quote Originally Posted by The Matrix
    I'm in philly and work with a few Dr's in the system, but 30 years old I be looking at the reason you need T in the first place because it may most likely be masking something deeper and more insidious as we commonly seen by run of the mill Anti aging specialist. Sorry but we are not a testosterone mill unfortunately, but rather look for imbalances which may affect you later on in your life. When people are playing with hormones now will only be playing later on with other health issue which they had no idea where even there. I see it on a daily basis.
    I want to be 100% clear, I never said I wanted a script for T, unless I needed it, but my bloodwork shows its high enough, I said that a few time, I just want to see a legit doctor that does not cost me a few thousand dollars to see and then starting pushing products down my neck that the pharmacy he works with sells

    What I wanted was a progressive doctor who could a wide array of testing, look over all levels of hormones lipids etc and see how I'm doing now or what I need to do in the future, when I looked up anti aging info there where a ton of symptoms listed that I experience that the doctors claim to "fix", so naturally I'm investigating

    I like to practice preventative measures, identify issues before they ate serious, not treat something after it is already a problem

    Matrix your answers are very helpful, I think you misunderstood my purpose, I know it's easy enough to find a steroid doc, not looking for that

  14. Quote Originally Posted by jaydollars View Post
    I want to be 100% clear, I never said I wanted a script for T, unless I needed it, but my bloodwork shows its high enough, I said that a few time, I just want to see a legit doctor that does not cost me a few thousand dollars to see and then starting pushing products down my neck that the pharmacy he works with sells

    What I wanted was a progressive doctor who could a wide array of testing, look over all levels of hormones lipids etc and see how I'm doing now or what I need to do in the future, when I looked up anti aging info there where a ton of symptoms listed that I experience that the doctors claim to "fix", so naturally I'm investigating

    I like to practice preventative measures, identify issues before they ate serious, not treat something after it is already a problem

    Matrix your answers are very helpful, I think you misunderstood my purpose, I know it's easy enough to find a steroid doc, not looking for that
    Then pm me.
    I am not a medical Dr, please keep in mind that this answer is for information purposes only, and is not intended to diagnose, treat or replace sound medical advice from your physician or health care provider.

  15. Quote Originally Posted by The Matrix

    Then pm me.
    Actually tried and said full

  16. Matrix, my account is being weird and can't send PMs, can you send one, thanks

  17. Is that doctor you reference in your first post have the initials RM?

  18. Quote Originally Posted by 996ttelise View Post
    Is that doctor you reference in your first post have the initials RM?
    I know majority of these Dr's and they are all out for money.
    You can "fix" a flat tire by plugging the hole or by solving the under lying cause you be to get a new tire.
    When I hear the word "fix", "heal", "cure", ect I tell the people to run the other way really fast. You want to "rebalance", "optimize", "Get well vs better" A person can be better, but will they ever be well?
    I am not a medical Dr, please keep in mind that this answer is for information purposes only, and is not intended to diagnose, treat or replace sound medical advice from your physician or health care provider.

  19. Quote Originally Posted by The Matrix View Post
    I know majority of these Dr's and they are all out for money. You can "fix" a flat tire by plugging the hole or by solving the under lying cause you be to get a new tire. When I hear the word "fix", "heal", "cure", ect I tell the people to run the other way really fast. You want to "rebalance", "optimize", "Get well vs better" A person can be better, but will they ever be well?
    I would think a lay person interfering with physicianmpatieny relationship or contradicting an MD's medical advise is not ethical. I have a law degree and know that a lay person advising another layperson contrary to their lawyer's advice can technically be construed as unauthorized practice of law. I spent 12 years representing doctors and hospitals and part of out Q&A was to ensure nurses dis not contradict or pass judgment on doctors' orders directly to the patient as that was interference with physician patient relationship and the unauthorized practice of medicine. Hospital employees are required to go directly to the physician if their is a problem or contraindication.

    Not all anti aging doctors are a rip off. Some do a really good job and most will not write GH. I know several that spend hours researching their patients and utilize networks to run issues by large groups if doctors in various specialities. Some are expensive and sine are not (actually take insurance) but they usually cater to wealthy individuals seeking fountain of youth and most if their patients seem extremely happy.One I know in Philedelphia and office in Atlantic City is awesome. Very, very patient and thorough. Very difficult to see and works with a lot of overweight doctors and people in the medical profession.

    What exactly is your educational background that warrants you telling people to "stay away" from their doctor. Also, choice if words is a matter of semantics. I know very intelligent doctors in their respective fields who don't have a great grasp on the English language and some surfer doctors that use very laid back vernacular with their patients.

    If you are hunting GH in addition to test, you will pay out the nose for a whole battery of testing and monitoring. I think this is prudent given what you will be taking. If you just want general anti-aging, doctors typically evaluate absorption/digestion, diet, immune system, check sed rate/inflamation, bf, bone density, maybe an echo, and assess general health and patients complaints of lethargy, weakness and etc. They then address what needs to be addressed. They typically don't sell a lot of vitamins except in the form of IVs which I have always found beneficial.

  20. Quote Originally Posted by 996ttelise View Post
    I would think a lay person interfering with physicianmpatieny relationship or contradicting an MD's medical advise is not ethical. I have a law degree and know that a lay person advising another layperson contrary to their lawyer's advice can technically be construed as unauthorized practice of law. I spent 12 years representing doctors and hospitals and part of out Q&A was to ensure nurses dis not contradict or pass judgment on doctors' orders directly to the patient as that was interference with physician patient relationship and the unauthorized practice of medicine. Hospital employees are required to go directly to the physician if their is a problem or contraindication.

    Not all anti aging doctors are a rip off. Some do a really good job and most will not write GH. I know several that spend hours researching their patients and utilize networks to run issues by large groups if doctors in various specialities. Some are expensive and sine are not (actually take insurance) but they usually cater to wealthy individuals seeking fountain of youth and most if their patients seem extremely happy.One I know in Philedelphia and office in Atlantic City is awesome. Very, very patient and thorough. Very difficult to see and works with a lot of overweight doctors and people in the medical profession.

    What exactly is your educational background that warrants you telling people to "stay away" from their doctor. Also, choice if words is a matter of semantics. I know very intelligent doctors in their respective fields who don't have a great grasp on the English language and some surfer doctors that use very laid back vernacular with their patients.

    If you are hunting GH in addition to test, you will pay out the nose for a whole battery of testing and monitoring. I think this is prudent given what you will be taking. If you just want general anti-aging, doctors typically evaluate absorption/digestion, diet, immune system, check sed rate/inflamation, bf, bone density, maybe an echo, and assess general health and patients complaints of lethargy, weakness and etc. They then address what needs to be addressed. They typically don't sell a lot of vitamins except in the form of IVs which I have always found beneficial.
    RE read It says "majority" of these Dr's are out for money NOT ALL. When ever it says antigaing I suggest people to do their research as one of the antiaging clinics is now under federal investigation. I have talked to Russel silverman from ceregenics he seems to be on a ball. I had a conference with him one of his patients where I was in presence of other drs where he was an abnormal case. It was very simple issue which was resolved in 5-10 minutes since I have seen it numerous time in a clinical setting and also experienced my self. 90% of the issues presented on these forums I have been through on a personal level and over come them. I take this knowledge apply it to numerous dr's on complex cases. I am in process of landing a huge contract a group of medical professionals down south where cases will be out sourced to me for further research..All I to is do the research and give my evaluations of what needs to be further evaluated and possible treatment suggestions. Through my finding and presentations to the Dr it only helps them to make a better educated approach to get better therapeutic out come.
    I am not a medical Dr, please keep in mind that this answer is for information purposes only, and is not intended to diagnose, treat or replace sound medical advice from your physician or health care provider.

  21. Quote Originally Posted by The Matrix View Post
    RE read It says "majority" of these Dr's are out for money NOT ALL. When ever it says antigaing I suggest people to do their research as one of the antiaging clinics is now under federal investigation. I have talked to Russel silverman from ceregenics he seems to be on a ball. I had a conference with him one of his patients where I was in presence of other drs where he was an abnormal case. It was very simple issue which was resolved in 5-10 minutes since I have seen it numerous time in a clinical setting and also experienced my self. 90% of the issues presented on these forums I have been through on a personal level and over come them. I take this knowledge apply it to numerous dr's on complex cases. I am in process of landing a huge contract a group of medical professionals down south where cases will be out sourced to me for further research..All I to is do the research and give my evaluations of what needs to be further evaluated and possible treatment suggestions. Through my finding and presentations to the Dr it only helps them to make a better educated approach to get better therapeutic out come.
    It's amazing to me how you can "Consult" with all these Dr's but seemingly can't get yourself to medical school. What Dr worth their salt would look to a guy with no medical background as a consultant?

    You do nothing but troll on these forums and sadly people take the bait. Why don't you go to medical school if your so knowledgable? All the time you spend on these forums drumming up business and you could have a PHd, MD and many more degrees.

    Your pretty pathetic. Every post is the same BS. All anyone has to do is a search on your posts and you are routinely post the same answers over and over and over again.

    What really amazes me is the boards let you do it for free while others have to pay for advertising. AMAZING!

  22. Quote Originally Posted by pcgizzmo View Post
    It's amazing to me how you can "Consult" with all these Dr's but seemingly can't get yourself to medical school. What Dr worth their salt would look to a guy with no medical background as a consultant?

    You do nothing but troll on these forums and sadly people take the bait. Why don't you go to medical school if your so knowledgable? All the time you spend on these forums drumming up business and you could have a PHd, MD and many more degrees.

    Your pretty pathetic. Every post is the same BS. All anyone has to do is a search on your posts and you are routinely post the same answers over and over and over again.

    What really amazes me is the boards let you do it for free while others have to pay for advertising. AMAZING!
    I have to say from my experiencing representing doctors, I am amazed they would look to non medically trained individuals based on ego alone. Then there us the whole liability thing.

    Well doc, your patient died as the result of x?

    Where did you get this idea of doing x?

    So you personally did not see or view this in a medical journal, correct?

    You were not taught this in medical school?

    You did not consult with another collegue who was a doctor who advised you to do x?

    You did nit base this on any studies or peer review articles that you found on your own?

    In fact, this revelation to do x came from a consultant who has no formal medical training, did not attend medical school and is not licensed to practice medicine, correct?

    Well doctor, do you still make it a practice to base your medical care decisions on what nondoctors tell you you should do?

  23. Quote Originally Posted by pcgizzmo View Post
    It's amazing to me how you can "Consult" with all these Dr's but seemingly can't get yourself to medical school. What Dr worth their salt would look to a guy with no medical background as a consultant?

    You do nothing but troll on these forums and sadly people take the bait. Why don't you go to medical school if your so knowledgable? All the time you spend on these forums drumming up business and you could have a PHd, MD and many more degrees.

    Your pretty pathetic. Every post is the same BS. All anyone has to do is a search on your posts and you are routinely post the same answers over and over and over again.

    What really amazes me is the boards let you do it for free while others have to pay for advertising. AMAZING!
    Yep and after 5 years my ideas are finally sinking in ....Jansz finally caught on to what I am have been saying..How long 5-6 years.
    Obviously I must be doing something right or medical Dr's would not give me the time of day then refer cases out .HMMM...


    FAct:

    1. If it was not for me putting my self through hell with estrodial fluctuation you would have never known about the estrodial ultra sensitive or the Lab corp sensitive (3-70) being in accurate. It only took 2 years to finally come out to make the "Official announcement" mean while people all over were suffering needlessly. I even called quest nichols institute to speak to head of research to bring it to their attention.

    I'm pathetic, I think one needs to take a good look in the mirror before passing judgement
    ---Problem with people is they focus on all the negative nothing positive. Pull your self back and take a look, rarely any one on certain forms are making progression in the 3- 5 years.

    BTW I just found hidden information from testing which prompted further investigation. The end result could have been devasting if not caught, Probably no traditional medical would have ever caught it....you do not see or hear about these things. Unlike others I tend to be humble. This is what I do on a daily basis, but I get bashed for it. Pretty sad the fu up world we live in..

    Stuff I know and learned is not taught in medical school, nor will be not until they change the system rather it is learned through life experience, lots of research, as well as being connected and having access to some of most brilliant minds in the fields..
    I am not a medical Dr, please keep in mind that this answer is for information purposes only, and is not intended to diagnose, treat or replace sound medical advice from your physician or health care provider.

  24. Quote Originally Posted by The Matrix
    Yep and after 5 years my ideas are finally sinking in ....Jansz finally caught on to what I am have been saying..How long 5-6 years.
    Obviously I must be doing something right or medical Dr's would not give me the time of day then refer cases out .HMMM...

    Isn't it time for you to take your ice bath BTW do not forget to splatter preg cream all over you when you are done

    Just matter of time before they find one of your guys dead in ice bath with ice sickle hanging from their nuts and preg frozen solid. Great information to present on the board....Mods doing a great job
    Matrix, I'm not piling on here, but it's statements like the above is the reason that some people like me, who does medical research for a living (and have the education and certifications to back me up) tend to roll their eyes when they read your posts.

    It's the "my ideas" thing. Do you have any publications in a peer reviewed journal that back up this claim that these are "your" ideas? Are you saying that these "ideas" would not have been discovered if not for you? If so, put it in writing - and by that I mean a peer reviewed journal and not an Internet forum. I'm curious, do you do whatever it is you do full time or is it more of a hobby?

    I'm not trying to slam you here, and do believe you've learned a lot of what you know due to experience. It's also tough to take you serious when you get so defensive whenever someone questions your views.

    I do read just about every post you make, and agree with some of what you write, but to say that physicians are changing how they practice medicine because of you is pretty pompous.

    And ice bath like comments are just childish. I think you're better than that

    Carry on...

  25. Quote Originally Posted by The Matrix View Post
    Yep and after 5 years my ideas are finally sinking in ....Jansz finally caught on to what I am have been saying..How long 5-6 years.
    Obviously I must be doing something right or medical Dr's would not give me the time of day then refer cases out .HMMM...


    FAct:

    1. If it was not for me putting my self through hell with estrodial fluctuation you would have never known about the estrodial ultra sensitive or the Lab corp sensitive (3-70) being in accurate. It only took 2 years to finally come out to make the "Official announcement" mean while people all over were suffering needlessly. I even called quest nichols institute to speak to head of research to bring it to their attention.

    I'm pathetic, I think one needs to take a good look in the mirror before passing judgement
    ---Problem with people is they focus on all the negative nothing positive. Pull your self back and take a look, rarely any one on certain forms are making progression in the 3- 5 years.

    BTW I just found hidden information from testing which prompted further investigation. The end result could have been devasting if not caught, Probably no traditional medical would have ever caught it....you do not see or hear about these things. Unlike others I tend to be humble. This is what I do on a daily basis, but I get bashed for it. Pretty sad the fu up world we live in..

    Stuff I know and learned is not taught in medical school, nor will be not until they change the system rather it is learned through life experience, lots of research, as well as being connected and having access to some of most brilliant minds in the fields..
    Maybe you should change your profile to be more accurate? You say you only have only a high school diploma, smoke and drink. On the surface, if this is true, it challenges your credibility. Your posts are interesting, and I like to read them, but sometimes your information is incredibly off, like DHT not being much of a factor in prostrate problems. It's the prime reason for prostrate problems, more so than E2. But, your posts are thought provoking and it forces me to research some of the things you say to see if they are medically sound. That has helped me search for things I normally wouldn't have considered. And I don't mean this as a slam, because I think you do provide some good information. I would only say that before anyone changes their program based on your advice that they get a second opinion from a qualified medical practitioner if that change is in conflict with a program already prescribed by a licensed doctor.
  •   

      
     

Similar Forum Threads

  1. My top 10 anti-aging supplements
    By the Cardinal in forum Male Anti-Aging Medicine
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 08-19-2006, 07:45 PM
Log in
Log in