TRT 3 months with Gel questions and more

BassMan2

Awards
Here's my case - 44 - 195lbs - longtime lifter. Doc says I've done ALOT with a little - meaning I'm very fit looking/muscular despite having low T.

ON TRT since 12/11. Prescribed Testim gel. Initial Test scores - 4.4 free 213 total - Free range 5.0-40 and Total range 291-739
2/28/12 scores 11.0 free 456 total
3/7/12 scores 7.4 free 382 total E2 level at 23.7

I've had no change in my "routine" yet - I seem be to be fluctuating in available Test - as I suspected due to my overall feeling of well being fluctuating.

Doc is considering upping my dose of Testim - or changing me to Androgel 1.62% or Fortesta 2% -

Does anyone have ANY feedback that could help me make a decision?

breezy11

breezy11

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Here's my case - 44 - 195lbs - longtime lifter. Doc says I've done ALOT with a little - meaning I'm very fit looking/muscular despite having low T.

ON TRT since 12/11. Prescribed Testim gel. Initial Test scores - 4.4 free 213 total - Free range 5.0-40 and Total range 291-739

I've had no change in my "routine" yet - I seem be to be fluctuating in available Test - as I suspected due to my overall feeling of well being fluctuating.

Doc is considering upping my dose of Testim - or changing me to Androgel 1.62% or Fortesta 2% -

I started out on Testim(5g one tube) and after a few weeks my total test level was in the 100's. Once my natural production was shutdown one tube wasn't enough to make up the difference. Considering your current levels it looks like you would do well with upping the Testim to 2 tubes a day (if you are currently using one).

The Matrix

The Matrix

Awards
  • Established

Looking on the outside doesn't mean crap on whats really going on the inside. I blow away 99% of the population in how I look, but if they only knew what I was dealing with on the inside at the cellular to keep my self functioning is another part. Testosterone is just a small part of the equation to optimal health. Dr's need to look out side it and from your Dr looking at blood presented he needs to go back to the drawing board about proper education on how to moniter TRT. He missing DHT, DHEA-S, e2 , and few other crucial tests to show the over all picture. As I have learned as so many other Dr's I have worked with. More is not better, but optimizing what is there by examining other factors is the proper route. Looking at information presented now you got about 15% of the total equation.

BassMan2

Awards
Looking on the outside doesn't mean crap on whats really going on the inside. I blow away 99% of the population in how I look, but if they only knew what I was dealing with on the inside at the cellular to keep my self functioning is another part. Testosterone is just a small part of the equation to optimal health. Dr's need to look out side it and from your Dr looking at blood presented he needs to go back to the drawing board about proper education on how to moniter TRT. He missing DHT, DHEA-S, e2 , and few other crucial tests to show the over all picture. As I have learned as so many other Dr's I have worked with. More is not better, but optimizing what is there by examining other factors is the proper route. Looking at information presented now you got about 15% of the total equation.
I understand what my Doc is missing. My Doc is now reading Dr. Crisler's write up - that I handed to him. If I can't get my Doc to run all the tests I will attempt to find another one. I did have a regular blood workup done - at the start of all this - but it did not include all the the tests needed for TRT.

My Doc told me he treats 4 other guys in my situation - so I think he's a little motivated to learn more/do more than listen to the drug reps.

In the mean time, I'm taking Testim - 1 tube a day... and was sent home with info sheets on Fortesta and Androgel basically asking me to go learn about them - cause the doc doesn't know crap.

The Matrix

The Matrix

Awards
  • Established
I understand what my Doc is missing. My Doc is now reading Dr. Crisler's write up - that I handed to him. If I can't get my Doc to run all the tests I will attempt to find another one. I did have a regular blood workup done - at the start of all this - but it did not include all the the tests needed for TRT.

My Doc told me he treats 4 other guys in my situation - so I think he's a little motivated to learn more/do more than listen to the drug reps.

In the mean time, I'm taking Testim - 1 tube a day... and was sent home with info sheets on Fortesta and Androgel basically asking me to go learn about them - cause the doc doesn't know crap.
Still hormones are only 30% of the equation there is the other 3/4 or so which Dr's are missing. I work along with MD to help educate and fine tune which complements HRT, but goes beyond. Majority of Dr's Ideal with have people at optimal hormone levels but still symptoms are linkering which HRT will not address plain and simple. at 44 yes you need TRT, but there are multiple factors which need to be explored out side of it..

BassMan2

Awards
Still hormones are only 30% of the equation there is the other 3/4 or so which Dr's are missing. I work along with MD to help educate and fine tune which complements HRT, but goes beyond. Majority of Dr's Ideal with have people at optimal hormone levels but still symptoms are linkering which HRT will not address plain and simple. at 44 yes you need TRT, but there are multiple factors which need to be explored out side of it..
Thank you for you posts - I agree with you and am trying to learn myself... while educating my Doc at the same time. He's likely going to bump me to an Endo.

The Matrix

The Matrix

Awards
  • Established
Thank you for you posts - I agree with you and am trying to learn myself... while educating my Doc at the same time. He's likely going to bump me to an Endo.
Where are you located I be glad to PM you some good Dr's names

BassMan2

Awards
Im in Vancouver Washington - also near Portland Oregon

MuscleGauge1

MuscleGauge1

Board Sponsor
Awards
Great job on pushing past your limits. Just goes to show that effort will always prevail. Keep it up

BassMan2

Awards
Thanks for the encouragement! It's been difficult but over the last 4 years or so, I've managed to increase my max lifts after each birthday! Thanks to Deads, Squats, Cleans, and heavy bench using 5x5. I'll be attempting a 350lb BP and DL this month.....hopefully.

BassMan2

Awards
Update: Went to an Endo. Got some more complete lab work done. So far so good. Free test was still low at 9.3. Upped my Testim to 2 tubes a day, And feel much better.

However, 2 tubes of testim a day is not only a royal pain in the ass, it's messy, it's not compatible with an active lifestyle, and its VERY Expensive. $800 expensive a month.

So after a week of doubling up, I'm scheduled to start injections tomorrow. 100mg per week.

Due to the Test Cyp shortage, I've got these little 1ml vials of 200mg Test, and I'm supposed to get 2 doses out of this one dose container. I will be coming up short on dose 2. (this info appears to be confirmed by the manufacturer.)

Also looks like I've got 18 g 1.5" needles to draw with and 22g 1.5" needles to inject with. Does that sound right? what should I be asking for?

The Matrix

The Matrix

Awards
  • Established
Update: Went to an Endo. Got some more complete lab work done. So far so good. Free test was still low at 9.3. Upped my Testim to 2 tubes a day, And feel much better.

However, 2 tubes of testim a day is not only a royal pain in the ass, it's messy, it's not compatible with an active lifestyle, and its VERY Expensive. $800 expensive a month.

So after a week of doubling up, I'm scheduled to start injections tomorrow. 100mg per week.

Due to the Test Cyp shortage, I've got these little 1ml vials of 200mg Test, and I'm supposed to get 2 doses out of this one dose container. I will be coming up short on dose 2. (this info appears to be confirmed by the manufacturer.)

Also looks like I've got 18 g 1.5" needles to draw with and 22g 1.5" needles to inject with. Does that sound right? what should I be asking for?
22 gauge to draw 29 gauge 1/2 inch to shoot with what myself and many others are using with no issues. 800 dollars on hrt per month makes me sick about drug companies profiting.

The Matrix

The Matrix

Awards
  • Established
Thanks for the encouragement! It's been difficult but over the last 4 years or so, I've managed to increase my max lifts after each birthday! Thanks to Deads, Squats, Cleans, and heavy bench using 5x5. I'll be attempting a 350lb BP and DL this month.....hopefully.
Got contact out there many have gone too from here pm me..

The Matrix

The Matrix

Awards
  • Established

BassMan2

Awards
Just for what it's worth... I used an 18g to draw and ended up with a 23g 1.5" to inject into my quad. Absolutely no pain at all. It was WAY easier to do than I ever imagined.