When should I get test levels tested after injection?

Bigdaddy46

Awards
am 51 yrs. old and my Dr. has me on 150 mg. test cyp. every two weeks. I do my own injections and have been reading that injections every week are better. So I split my shots and am doing 75 mg. every week. My question is when would I have my levels tested if I am injecting every week? When I was doing it every two weeks my Dr. had me do it after the first week. I know that test cyp. has a half life of 7 - 10 days and when I had my levels tested one week after my 150 mg. injection my levels were 573.

The Matrix

The Matrix

Awards
  • Established
am 51 yrs. old and my Dr. has me on 150 mg. test cyp. every two weeks. I do my own injections and have been reading that injections every week are better. So I split my shots and am doing 75 mg. every week. My question is when would I have my levels tested if I am injecting every week? When I was doing it every two weeks my Dr. had me do it after the first week. I know that test cyp. has a half life of 7 - 10 days and when I had my levels tested one week after my 150 mg. injection my levels were 573.
injections should be spit up 2 times a week about every 3.5 days (m,th) blood should be taken day before or morning of the next injections 5-6 weeks after starting them.

Bigdaddy46

Awards
I understand what your saying but that's alot of injections! Here is what I am curious about. When I was injecting 150mg. every two weeks and then tested my levels after one week I was 573. Now that I am injecting 75 mg. once a week, if I were to test my levels the next week before my next shot would my level be similar? From looking at the half life, if I did 150mg. would I still have 75mg. in my system after the first week? Doing 75mg. would I then have around half that in my system before my next shot? Based on that would my levels be lower doing 75mg. a week?

The Matrix

The Matrix

Awards
  • Established
using an iinsulin pins 2 times a week is nothing ..

breezy11

breezy11

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I understand what your saying but that's alot of injections! Here is what I am curious about. When I was injecting 150mg. every two weeks and then tested my levels after one week I was 573. Now that I am injecting 75 mg. once a week, if I were to test my levels the next week before my next shot would my level be similar? From looking at the half life, if I did 150mg. would I still have 75mg. in my system after the first week? Doing 75mg. would I then have around half that in my system before my next shot? Based on that would my levels be lower doing 75mg. a week?
This is how I believe it works...The test you have left in your system at the end of the week will combine with the test from your next injection and so on. It will build up until you reach your true baseline for that dose which I believe takes around 5-6 weeks of injections to establish.

DetroitHammer

DetroitHammer

Awards
  • Established
This is how I believe it works...The test you have left in your system at the end of the week will combine with the test from your next injection and so on. It will build up until you reach your true baseline for that dose which I believe takes around 5-6 weeks of injections to establish.
In theory, if you inject 100mgs once a week or 50mgs twice a week, it shouldn't matter. The reason is that if you believe esters cleave off as advertised, then you're going to get the same release regardless. If you inject 100mgs on Monday, you should have 35 mgs left on day 12. On day three, you would have about 3mgs active with 6mgs already consumed.

If you inject 50mgs, then you would have 6mgs left on day 12, with 1.5mgs active on day three. But when you inject another 50mgs, you will add another 1.5mgs, for a total of 3mgs. The first couple of days you'd have half of what you would had you injected 100mgs, but as you start to overlap, that will be a wash. But at day 7, before your injection, you should have the same level of mgs.

But I don't believe esters work that precisely. I believe that you get a surge the first day and the release tapers down dramatically. So the first day will yield your highest concentration. So I agree that spacing out the injections is preferable to help stabilize levels, although that runs contrary to the theory behind esters. And don't forget that 100mgs of test-c is actually only 69mgs of test.

Bigdaddy46

Awards
Thanks for the feedback! So what your saying is that injecting once a week 75mg. and testing the next week before my next injection would probably show a lower level than the 150 mg. every two weeks and testing after the first week? The thing I am concerned about is that it will show a higher level and my Dr. reducing the amount I am taking. As long as I am in the same range as the 573 then I think he will leave me alone. He doesn't know that I started splitting up my dose and injecting every week even though I am still using the same amount as prescribed. Thank you for any input.

Bigdaddy46

Awards
Another question, Matrix mentioned SubQ injections. How would these differ with IM injections as far as release in the body?

DetroitHammer

DetroitHammer

Awards
  • Established
Thanks for the feedback! So what your saying is that injecting once a week 75mg. and testing the next week before my next injection would probably show a lower level than the 150 mg. every two weeks and testing after the first week? The thing I am concerned about is that it will show a higher level and my Dr. reducing the amount I am taking. As long as I am in the same range as the 573 then I think he will leave me alone. He doesn't know that I started splitting up my dose and injecting every week even though I am still using the same amount as prescribed. Another question, Matrix mentioned SubQ injections. How would these differ with IM injections as far as release in the body?Thank you for any input.
It's my belief that if you inject 150mgs and wait two weeks before testing, you will have a lower test level than if you inject 75mgs once a week and then test the day before your next injection. I believe that irrespective of overlaps (which will I am not addressing) that if you inject 150mgs and wait two weeks, you will have much less than the half life projected. So if you're using Test C and test at day 14, the half life point, instead of having 51mgs of test in your system remaining, with a theoretical release of 3.6 per day, I believe you will have nearly exhausted all the test and will be at trace levels of test, well below the intended release. If you want to ensure a low test reading, why not just wait maybe four weeks? Better yet, get an independent lab test and know where your levels are before getting your doctor to order a test?

Sub Q will release much slower because the depot is in a more fatty environment and it will take longer to enter your bloodstream, where the esters are cleaved off. Guys who are injecting maybe twice a day while on cycle use SubQ for some gear, primarily water based or very short estered compounds like Test Suspension or Tren A. So if you're afraid of injections, are using maybe half a cc every week of an oil based solution, then you can go SubQ, especially if you're just on TRT to treat Andropause.

The Matrix

The Matrix

Awards
  • Established
Another question, Matrix mentioned SubQ injections. How would these differ with IM injections as far as release in the body?
Should be slower release, I prefer these alot better to IM. I draw with big one use insulin pin right in my azz 2 times a week. I notice things are alot smoother no so many peaks and valleys. I'm also stronger then I have been in a long time, just still trying to get rid of bloat in stomach. other then that I am happy as pig in Schnitz.

Bigdaddy46

Awards
My Dr. has me injecting say on a Friday and then getting tested the following Friday 7 days after my injection. But I think I will get an independent test done before I go back to see him to see where my level is at injecting every week. I would think that my levels would show lower by injecting once a week and testing before my next shot 7 days later than injecting 150 mg. and then testing 7 days later. I will have to get labs done to know for sure. Thanks

rambofireball

rambofireball

Awards
  • Established
Should be slower release, I prefer these alot better to IM. I draw with big one use insulin pin right in my azz 2 times a week. I notice things are alot smoother no so many peaks and valleys. I'm also stronger then I have been in a long time, just still trying to get rid of bloat in stomach. other then that I am happy as pig in Schnitz.
You inject testosterone subcutaneously? I've always read that you need to go intramuscular, or it isn't utilized/is converted to estradiol at a higher rate.

No?

The Matrix

The Matrix

Awards
  • Established
You inject testosterone subcutaneously? I've always read that you need to go intramuscular, or it isn't utilized/is converted to estradiol at a higher rate.

No?
I been injecting 29 gauge in my azz for 2 months no changes in levels either way. If you want to drill an inch and a half in your but once a week knock your self out LOL

DetroitHammer

DetroitHammer

Awards
  • Established
You inject testosterone subcutaneously? I've always read that you need to go intramuscular, or it isn't utilized/is converted to estradiol at a higher rate.No?
A lot of doctors are recommending sub q now for test. The trick is not to draw with the slin pin, but to draw with a large gauge, like 18ga, then pull out the plunger of the slin pin and back feed it. I did that when I was on tren everyday, but I don't do it now only because I couldn't fit everything in a slin pin.

The Matrix

The Matrix

Awards
  • Established
A lot of doctors are recommending sub q now for test. The trick is not to draw with the slin pin, but to draw with a large gauge, like 18ga, then pull out the plunger of the slin pin and back feed it. I did that when I was on tren everyday, but I don't do it now only because I couldn't fit everything in a slin pin.
Good point because even drawing with 25 gauge is too slow

rambofireball

rambofireball

Awards
  • Established
Damn, pushing all that oil through a 29G sounds like a pain, I have enough of a hard time with 25G. I've been rotating thighs weekly with the IM, I'll talk to my endo about experimenting with subQ. He's kinda old school, so it takes a lot of convincing and bringing in articles and whatnot to get him to 'ok' a new treatment.

It's surprising to me that e2 levels are not affected with the subQ, I'd think you'd be delivering the test up on a silver platter to all the aromatase in there. We're talking test esters? not suspension? I always thought the issue was that the test would be absorbed too quickly into the bloodstream with the ester still attached, supposedly making it useless.

I guess I need to revamp my understanding. Matrix, could you point me toward an endocrinology textbook you'd recommend, to build off a pre-med grad level comprehension?

wtgrantham

Awards
Couple of points
Injections twice per week is not necessary for everyone, it may help some to keep estrogen levels down and reduce AI use and will give more stable levels but many guys, myself included, prefer the simplicity of once per week injections and stable hormone levels are not "normal" in the male body as there is quite a bit of variability throughout the day of a healthy male. So some would say some variation in hormone levels is more natural. I sort of look forward to my "peak" each week!
Although I inject once per week I also use a 29gauge 1/2 inch needle .5 ml insulin syringe in the thigh. It only take 20 or 30 minutes to fill the syringe. The trick is to start early before your shot. I inject .5ml of air into.the vial then pull the plunger back just a little further than the .5 ml mark on the syringe. I then take the vial and syringe and hang it in the neck of a bottle I have that allows the syringe to hang in the bottle but stops the neck of test vial. I have read some guys use a toothbrush holder, then take your shower or whatever check back in 20 minutes and the syringe will be full. I usually run the syringe under some hot water to make it flow better but the pressures from using the .5 ml syringe really make the injection as easy if not easier than a 1 or 3 ml syringe
I inject into my thighs rotating each week. Yes SQ is becoming an acceptable method of taking a test shot so I figure if that 1/2 inch needle is in muscle or fat I am not sure but since either is acceptable its all good! Has been working great for Me.

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Couple of points
Injections twice per week is not necessary for everyone, it may help some to keep estrogen levels down and reduce AI use and will give more stable levels but many guys, myself included, prefer the simplicity of once per week injections and stable hormone levels are not "normal" in the male body as there is quite a bit of variability throughout the day of a healthy male. So some would say some variation in hormone levels is more natural. I sort of look forward to my "peak" each week!
Yes. I absolutely look forward to inject day and the "peak". We found with blood tests that I can peak in the 1200-1300 range on 125ml and that is comfortable for me because I am not going too high. Then the day before I have been testing consistently in the 625-700 range. For me, that range is barely noticeable as it is over a week and stays in a good higher mid range.

LMuscle

LMuscle

Awards
Yes. I absolutely look forward to inject day and the "peak". We found with blood tests that I can peak in the 1200-1300 range on 125ml and that is comfortable for me because I am not going too high. Then the day before I have been testing consistently in the 625-700 range. For me, that range is barely noticeable as it is over a week and stays in a good higher mid range.
When it gets that high, up to 1300 or so, does that peak cause a lot of it to aromatize? I always notice when I inject 100mg at once, my mood changes later in the day/morning and I feel really irritable, tired, and have a short fuse. Not so much when I inject 50mg twice a week.

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I don't notice it at 125 at all, which is partly why we went down originally. Then the other numbers fell right into place. When I first started, my doc had me on 200 a week and man, the next day and the day after I could throw someone through a wall for looking at me wrong. It was terrible and couldn't wait until about the end of the second day because it would subside and I'd feel normal again. No idea what those numbers were, but it was WAY too much.

125 is perfect and it is a sweet spot for my libido, mental state, and energy. I may even try to just go to 100 now that I self inject. My goal is to take the least amount to keep me perfect.