Would these exercises increase inter-abdominal pressure and make varicocele worse?

Leon Kennedy

Awards
I have varicocele on my left testicle (grade 2) and a smaller one on my right testicle (grade 1).

I began doing a workout twice a week. I think my right testicle has begun to ache more and possibly has enlarged.

These are the exercises I do:

For abs: crunches 3 sets
For lats: pullups 3 sets
For lats: dumbbell rows 3 sets
For chest: pushups 3 sets
For chest: dumbbell flys 3 sets
For legs: lunges 3 sets
For biceps: barbell curls 3 sets
For triceps: dumbbell french press 3 sets
For shoulders: alternating dumbbell press 3 sets
For shoulders: side raise 3 sets

I really enjoy working out but I am concerned about making my varicoceles worse.

What do you think? Should I continue working out, or do you know if any of these exercises are likely to increase inter-abdominal pressure and thus make varicocele worse? Has anyone got varicocele and works out as well?

My left varicocele always gave me some pain, but it was bearable. The right one never gave pain, but last year, it began to give a little aching, but that was before I began to work out, I think. Now though, I think it is giving a little more pain than before.

My major concern is that my workouts are actually making the right one worse.

v4lu3s

Awards
  • Established
I had grade 3 and grade 2 for nearly 20 years and lifted heavy for the past six, deadlifting near 500, squatting 420, and benching/rowing 320 at my best....nothing changed with my varicoceles at all.

Leon Kennedy

Awards
I had grade 3 and grade 2 for nearly 20 years and lifted heavy for the past six, deadlifting near 500, squatting 420, and benching/rowing 320 at my best....nothing changed with my varicoceles at all.
Did you have your 3/2 varicoceles before you ever began lifting weights?

v4lu3s

Awards
  • Established
I had them since i was 14 or15, back them i did not lift as heavy as now. I am 37 now and only found out about the varicocele 16 months ago. I have lifted heavy for 7 years now.

Leon Kennedy

Awards
Has anyone else got any insights on this issue?

Leon Kennedy

Awards
Still wondering about this guys. I think the weights is making the varicocele worse on my right side. I'm not doing really heavy weights. But does increase aching mean I am doing harm or is the weight-training simply increasing vascularity in my whole body? I just don't know if doing weights is simply causing some harmless discomfort, or if doing weights is likely to make the varicoceles worse? Nobody seems to be able to give me an answer.