ESTROGEN AND FLUID RETENTION IS IT COMMON ?

Page 3 of 3 First 123

1. Quote Originally Posted by miniarnold View Post
    up to 1000mcg of either pure iodine or sea kelp daily or more, is ok ?

just looking for a maximum amount thats safe for daily use with pure iodine and amount for sea kelp?

Cheers.
    Iodoral is sold as 12.5mg total (5 mg iodine / 7.5 mg iodide) and to all intents seems safe long term at that dose.

With kelp, the impurities + contaminations are what makes a difference to what is a safe dose, and so its really hard to pin a number down.

2. Quote Originally Posted by EasyEJL View Post
    why guess? If you think your levels are off, get tested. Puffiness + water retention have other causes as well too, and plenty of people think they are leaner than they are so maybe it wasn't retained water.
    I have bloodwork that shows my levels of estradiol are lower than mid range and yet a lack of diet discipline will produce the love handles that I normally retain when I relax my diet. No weight gain but I will retain more fluid in my love handles. So I have proof that for me it is not estrogen related which confirms I need greater water intake and less sodium and fewer carbs than I prefer to consume when less disciplined.
    •   

3. I've never been without love handles so I wouldn't know

4. Oh they exist on me as well. Just to a much lesser degree at times. Endomorphism...

5. Quote Originally Posted by EasyEJL View Post
    Iodoral is sold as 12.5mg total (5 mg iodine / 7.5 mg iodide) and to all intents seems safe long term at that dose.

With kelp, the impurities + contaminations are what makes a difference to what is a safe dose, and so its really hard to pin a number down.
    Thanks mate, cant get that iodoral product over here, so i may have to look at a substitute so 12.5mcg 5-7mg is safe in a pure iodine form long term ?
    •   

6. Quote Originally Posted by David Dunn View Post
    I have bloodwork that shows my levels of estradiol are lower than mid range and yet a lack of diet discipline will produce the love handles that I normally retain when I relax my diet. No weight gain but I will retain more fluid in my love handles. So I have proof that for me it is not estrogen related which confirms I need greater water intake and less sodium and fewer carbs than I prefer to consume when less disciplined.
    Yes fluid retention can be caused by many dietary factors and not just the hormonal factors such as to much estrogen and excess of cortisol

7. Fluid.retention is caused by inflammation which raises shbg
    I am not a medical Dr, please keep in mind that this answer is for information purposes only, and is not intended to diagnose, treat or replace sound medical advice from your physician or health care provider.

8. Quote Originally Posted by The Matrix View Post
    Fluid.retention is caused by inflammation which raises shbg
    Can you eleborate furthur, inflammation of ?
    Does low t and high shbg cause fluid retention?

i know that estogen and cortisol can cause fluid retention

9. Quote Originally Posted by jonko View Post
    I carry a little extra fluid, moreso on TRT. I mean, my ankles aren't swollen, but if I eat a salty meal, like I did yesterday I will feel like my shoes are a little tighter the next morning, or puffy under my eyes. My E2 last check was 65 and normal is under 45. Would a mild elevation like 65 cause water retention?
    Yes most definetly

10. Quote Originally Posted by Jobu777 View Post
    Yes most definetly
    Answered a 5 year old thread. Lol
    May I suggest using this app to track your bloodwork tests:
    myBloodTracker for IPhone and IPad
    https://appsto.re/us/vvMndb.i
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. ESTROGEN RELATED FLUID RETENTION, IS IT COMMON ?
    By miniarnold in forum Supplements
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 03-04-2012, 09:19 AM
  2. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 02-25-2012, 01:25 PM
  3. GH causes fluid retention due to this?
    By comacho in forum IGF-1/GH
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 01-02-2010, 07:21 PM
  4. Fluid Retention and GH
    By Mr.50 in forum IGF-1/GH
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 07-05-2009, 04:10 AM
  5. estrogen/ fluid retention
    By grape ape in forum Male Anti-Aging Medicine
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 03-21-2007, 08:37 PM