Clomid-my TRT alternative?

  1. Registered User
    lboston's Avatar
    Stats
    5'7"  195 lbs.
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Louisville, KY
    Age
    29
    Posts
    1,234
    Rep Power
    27130

    Clomid-my TRT alternative?


    I have recently begun using Clomid (clomiphene citrate) as an attempt to raise my natural levels of testosterone, which were found to be very low at a level of 179 ng/dl. I have taken it since last Thursday @ 25mg every night.

    It is important to note that my levels are "naturally low" and I've never even experimented with AAS or any other substance.

    I was offered TRT using testosterone cypionate from a urologist I saw back in November. I did that for a month, then decided I did not want to risk my own natural production and my ability to continue my family. Being 27, that is very important to me. After we are down with having children, I would consider alternatives.

    The Clomid was per the advice of a different urologist I found on my own and was not referred to. He prescribed the Clomid last Thursday, the 23rd of Feb. He and I both felt that Clomid may prove to be a worthy alternative for me at the time being as my wife and I want to try for another baby in about a year or so.

    I will keep a log on here and update periodically for those that are interested. My main symptoms of low T, which led to my initial search for help, where an extreme amount of lethargy, low libido, and a great deal of mental fog and clarity.

    If anyone has any experience with using Clomid to treat naturally low T levels I would love to hear about your experiences

    LB

  2. Registered User
    The Matrix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    5,033
    Rep Power
    7697

    Quote Originally Posted by lboston View Post
    I have recently begun using Clomid (clomiphene citrate) as an attempt to raise my natural levels of testosterone, which were found to be very low at a level of 179 ng/dl. I have taken it since last Thursday @ 25mg every night.

    It is important to note that my levels are "naturally low" and I've never even experimented with AAS or any other substance.

    I was offered TRT using testosterone cypionate from a urologist I saw back in November. I did that for a month, then decided I did not want to risk my own natural production and my ability to continue my family. Being 27, that is very important to me. After we are down with having children, I would consider alternatives.

    The Clomid was per the advice of a different urologist I found on my own and was not referred to. He prescribed the Clomid last Thursday, the 23rd of Feb. He and I both felt that Clomid may prove to be a worthy alternative for me at the time being as my wife and I want to try for another baby in about a year or so.

    I will keep a log on here and update periodically for those that are interested. My main symptoms of low T, which led to my initial search for help, where an extreme amount of lethargy, low libido, and a great deal of mental fog and clarity.

    If anyone has any experience with using Clomid to treat naturally low T levels I would love to hear about your experiences

    LB
    Clomid is just the training wheels, you need to keep the process going when you stop..
    I am not a medical Dr, please keep in mind that this answer is for information purposes only, and is not intended to diagnose, treat or replace sound medical advice from your physician or health care provider.
  3. Running with the Big Boys
    Board Sponsor
    Royd The Noyd's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Central U.S.
    Posts
    5,180
    Rep Power
    622620

    Wrote about this a while back. It's a viable method...

    http://advancedmusclescience.blogspo...ternative.html
    ForeRunner Labs
    The Future of Human Performance
    Please LIKE FRL on Facebook

    •   
       

  4. Registered User
    Kekkuk's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  185 lbs.
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Hell's Kitchen
    Posts
    210
    Rep Power
    295

    ^^^ Too bad the article didn't have the dosing...
  5. Registered User
    lboston's Avatar
    Stats
    5'7"  195 lbs.
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Louisville, KY
    Age
    29
    Posts
    1,234
    Rep Power
    27130

    Royd-

    Do you know what the dosing was?

    Matrix-

    No doubt. This is just the "mean time" kind of thing.
  6. Registered User
    The Matrix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    5,033
    Rep Power
    7697

    Quote Originally Posted by lboston View Post
    Royd-

    Do you know what the dosing was?

    Matrix-

    No doubt. This is just the "mean time" kind of thing.
    Trying to build a mansion on weak foundation, its going to crumble....
    I am not a medical Dr, please keep in mind that this answer is for information purposes only, and is not intended to diagnose, treat or replace sound medical advice from your physician or health care provider.
  7. Registered User
    Kekkuk's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  185 lbs.
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Hell's Kitchen
    Posts
    210
    Rep Power
    295

    Quote Originally Posted by lboston
    I have recently begun using Clomid (clomiphene citrate) as an attempt to raise my natural levels of testosterone, which were found to be very low at a level of 179 ng/dl. I have taken it since last Thursday @ 25mg every night.

    It is important to note that my levels are "naturally low" and I've never even experimented with AAS or any other substance.

    I was offered TRT using testosterone cypionate from a urologist I saw back in November. I did that for a month, then decided I did not want to risk my own natural production and my ability to continue my family. Being 27, that is very important to me. After we are down with having children, I would consider alternatives.

    The Clomid was per the advice of a different urologist I found on my own and was not referred to. He prescribed the Clomid last Thursday, the 23rd of Feb. He and I both felt that Clomid may prove to be a worthy alternative for me at the time being as my wife and I want to try for another baby in about a year or so.

    I will keep a log on here and update periodically for those that are interested. My main symptoms of low T, which led to my initial search for help, where an extreme amount of lethargy, low libido, and a great deal of mental fog and clarity.

    If anyone has any experience with using Clomid to treat naturally low T levels I would love to hear about your experiences

    LB
    When are you getting blood work again?
  8. Registered User
    Kekkuk's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  185 lbs.
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Hell's Kitchen
    Posts
    210
    Rep Power
    295

    Quote Originally Posted by The Matrix

    Trying to build a mansion on weak foundation, its going to crumble....
    You're implying proper diet, sleep, stressors, etc. are in order first and foremost, right?
  9. Running with the Big Boys
    Board Sponsor
    Royd The Noyd's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Central U.S.
    Posts
    5,180
    Rep Power
    622620

    Quote Originally Posted by lboston View Post
    Royd-

    Do you know what the dosing was?

    Matrix-

    No doubt. This is just the "mean time" kind of thing.
    Yes, 50 mg's every other day.
    ForeRunner Labs
    The Future of Human Performance
    Please LIKE FRL on Facebook

  10. Registered User
    Kekkuk's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  185 lbs.
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Hell's Kitchen
    Posts
    210
    Rep Power
    295

    Quote Originally Posted by Royd The Noyd

    Yes, 50 mg's every other day.
    Good job.
  11. Registered User
    The Matrix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    5,033
    Rep Power
    7697

    Quote Originally Posted by Royd The Noyd View Post
    Yes, 50 mg's every other day.
    Long term even after 1-2 months is enough to cause Lh down regulation. See it in so many guys
    I am not a medical Dr, please keep in mind that this answer is for information purposes only, and is not intended to diagnose, treat or replace sound medical advice from your physician or health care provider.
  12. Registered User
    The Matrix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    5,033
    Rep Power
    7697

    Quote Originally Posted by Kekkuk View Post
    You're implying proper diet, sleep, stressors, etc. are in order first and foremost, right?
    Yep,
    Just finding the hidden imbalances is a challenge, correcting them is an art form
    I am not a medical Dr, please keep in mind that this answer is for information purposes only, and is not intended to diagnose, treat or replace sound medical advice from your physician or health care provider.
  13. Registered User
    lboston's Avatar
    Stats
    5'7"  195 lbs.
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Louisville, KY
    Age
    29
    Posts
    1,234
    Rep Power
    27130

    Quote Originally Posted by The Matrix

    Trying to build a mansion on weak foundation, its going to crumble....
    Well...Preciate' the positivity and support!

    As a cancer survivor, low T is not to high on my list of priorities. Mine was more than likely caused from chemotherapy and the like...

    Not trying to build a Manson, pretty happy with the house I have...just needs a little maintenance right now.
  14. Registered User
    The Matrix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    5,033
    Rep Power
    7697

    Quote Originally Posted by lboston View Post
    Well...Preciate' the positivity and support!

    As a cancer survivor, low T is not to high on my list of priorities. Mine was more than likely caused from chemotherapy and the like...

    Not trying to build a Manson, pretty happy with the house I have...just needs a little maintenance right now.
    CAncer just throw up a whole bunch of red flags which need investigating before even thinking about HRT..Again this is where you need to understand the person medical history which is going to change the course of the out come
    I am not a medical Dr, please keep in mind that this answer is for information purposes only, and is not intended to diagnose, treat or replace sound medical advice from your physician or health care provider.
  15. Registered User
    lboston's Avatar
    Stats
    5'7"  195 lbs.
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Louisville, KY
    Age
    29
    Posts
    1,234
    Rep Power
    27130

    Quote Originally Posted by Kekkuk

    When are you getting blood work again?
    3-4 weeks is what the urologist said--I believe.
  •   

      
     

Similar Forum Threads

  1. Clomid a TRT Alternative?
    By AutoKal47 in forum Male Anti-Aging Medicine
    Replies: 96
    Last Post: 11-08-2012, 02:50 PM
  2. Best alternative for DCP
    By fatburner2007 in forum Supplements
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 01-29-2012, 11:22 PM
  3. Torem/Clomid vs Nolva/Clomid
    By manofbushido in forum Post Cycle Therapy
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 12-27-2009, 12:02 AM
  4. Clomid making me go crazy, need alternative, help!
    By kingdiamond in forum Post Cycle Therapy
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 01-01-2008, 01:20 PM
  5. clomid alternative
    By empiremica in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 07-24-2003, 12:45 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Log in

Log in