Seeing DR.Crisler Monday

ohiostate2827

ohiostate2827

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Anyone on here been to Dr.John for hormone advice?

The Matrix

The Matrix

Awards
  • Established

TRT

Awards
Hi Ohiostate,

I want to give you my honest OPINION of my experiences with Dr. Crisler. To begin, I think that Dr. Crisler may be knowlegeable in the realm of HRT. Unfortunately his arrogance gets in the way of his practice. My first appointment with the doctor consisted of a 45 minute consultation of which most of it consisted of him talking about himself. I tried to explain my situation and with prior HRT doctors but all he did was make a few comments and stare at his computer. I left the initial office visit with absolutely no further insight or possible solutions to my condition.

I was hesistent about making future appointments because I felt that if the initial appointment was a waste then subsequent appointments would be a futile experience as well. However, I decided to continue to see if he would redeem himself since so many people have high regards for Dr. Crisler.

After having telephone appointments with Dr. Crisler, which are very short, I have not been given any further information about my condition and a diagnosis. This is after I have spent a lot of money on serum and urine testing. When I had the telephone appointments, I would specifically ask what is causing a particular level to be elevated or depressed, he would not give me a definitive answer. He would only say, "I want you to do this test". Well, I did a number of tests, and to date still no diagnosis and no medications.

I have also noticed on his forums recently and in the past that if there is a poster that has had a negative experience with Dr. Crisler and/or his office, they quickly DELETE the thread. Everyone is entitled to his/her opinion especially if they are paying their hard-earned money to see the "expert" in HRT. It is not right. There are patients who are critical of his demeanor and business practices but you don't hear about them because the office Deletes their opinions and experiences. When I have spoken to Dr. Crisler, it feels like I was speaking to a lawyer. (Take your money, lead you on, and leave you with nothing)

I could go on but needless to say, I really hope that you have a much better experience with him then some other patients had. I would like to find an understanding, non-arrogant, compassionet, HRT professional that is not very expensive but I have yet to find one. Let us know how your experience went with him. If for whatever reason it did not go well, don't bother posting on his forum because it will be deleted. I've seen it happen more than once.

Good luck.

The Matrix

The Matrix

Awards
  • Established
I will remained completely professional in my comments.
When people ask me about this Dr or that Dr, my response is the same go see for your self.May be they could just be having a bad day or had a tooth pulled. One thing I learned is never bring your out side affairs in to the office, Its bad karma...

tnubs

tnubs

Awards
  • Established
I think most doctors are arrogant *******s. And when i get my MD im gonna be one too.

The Matrix

The Matrix

Awards
  • Established
I think most doctors are arrogant *******s. And when i get my MD im gonna be one too.[/QUOTEI would

Depends on the Dr if they are or not .

DetroitHammer

DetroitHammer

Awards
  • Established
Hi Ohiostate,

I want to give you my honest OPINION of my experiences with Dr. Crisler. To begin, I think that Dr. Crisler may be knowlegeable in the realm of HRT. Unfortunately his arrogance gets in the way of his practice. My first appointment with the doctor consisted of a 45 minute consultation of which most of it consisted of him talking about himself. I tried to explain my situation and with prior HRT doctors but all he did was make a few comments and stare at his computer. I left the initial office visit with absolutely no further insight or possible solutions to my condition.

I was hesistent about making future appointments because I felt that if the initial appointment was a waste then subsequent appointments would be a futile experience as well. However, I decided to continue to see if he would redeem himself since so many people have high regards for Dr. Crisler.

After having telephone appointments with Dr. Crisler, which are very short, I have not been given any further information about my condition and a diagnosis. This is after I have spent a lot of money on serum and urine testing. When I had the telephone appointments, I would specifically ask what is causing a particular level to be elevated or depressed, he would not give me a definitive answer. He would only say, "I want you to do this test". Well, I did a number of tests, and to date still no diagnosis and no medications.

I have also noticed on his forums recently and in the past that if there is a poster that has had a negative experience with Dr. Crisler and/or his office, they quickly DELETE the thread. Everyone is entitled to his/her opinion especially if they are paying their hard-earned money to see the "expert" in HRT. It is not right. There are patients who are critical of his demeanor and business practices but you don't hear about them because the office Deletes their opinions and experiences. When I have spoken to Dr. Crisler, it feels like I was speaking to a lawyer. (Take your money, lead you on, and leave you with nothing)

I could go on but needless to say, I really hope that you have a much better experience with him then some other patients had. I would like to find an understanding, non-arrogant, compassionet, HRT professional that is not very expensive but I have yet to find one. Let us know how your experience went with him. If for whatever reason it did not go well, don't bother posting on his forum because it will be deleted. I've seen it happen more than once.

Good luck.
I agree with you 100%. I think he's knowledgeable but his arrogance over arches any positive. I learned more about him in our 1 hour talk than addressing my concerns. I like his research on HCG, but I personally know some of his patients who were on his "re start" program and they all failed miserably. He tends to be "anti-testosterone" but will prescribe it after his other methods have failed. I'm not sure I would travel any great distance to see him, in my opinion.

ohiostate2827

ohiostate2827

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I agree with you 100%. I think he's knowledgeable but his arrogance over arches any positive. I learned more about him in our 1 hour talk than addressing my concerns. I like his research on HCG, but I personally know some of his patients who were on his "re start" program and they all failed miserably. He tends to be "anti-testosterone" but will prescribe it after his other methods have failed. I'm not sure I would travel any great distance to see him, in my opinion.
he put me on test cyp..100mg a week..we talked over a hour and didnt give me any probs..i will talk to him again this coming monday.If a doc has a bad case of arrogance call them out on it..tell them what your felling in a very calm matter of course..i have done this several times they tend to do a 360 real quick lol..remind them they are getting paid..remind them they made the decision to help the sick..may have to see multi docs to get to the bottom of your illness...and even then may not know for sure what really caused your disease..No reason what so ever for a Dr. to bring his bad day, or low self worth onto the patients..My family Dr.has bad days as well..but he still does the job he is being paid to do..He is also the only Dr. i know that still makes house calls..

TRT

Awards
Hi Matrix,

I tried to send you a PM. However, I am newly registered in this forum. When I tried to send you a PM, the message said that I must have posted at least 7 times to send you a PM. Therefore, without an alternative e-mail I don't know how to send you a PM until I post 7 times. Anyways, until then, I would appreciate it if you could send me some of your best HRT recommended doctors in the US. I live in the Atlanta area but am willing to travel for the best and nicest partners in healthcare HRT.

Thanks,
TRT

TRT

Awards
I fully understand if a doctor has a bad day but they shouldn't take it out on their patients. I work in healthcare and I try my best to leave my personal issues outside of work and take care of the patients that I see everyday. It can be done. I just had high regards for this doctor after visiting his forum and was let down completely. Then when I see that his forum deletes any and all posts that mentions having an unpleasant experience with them, that it a major turnoff for me. I've spent a lot of time and money on HRT and got no answers and I'm in the same exact position I was over 20 years ago. There has got to be some HRT doctors in this country that work with you as a partner in healthcare not treat you as if your ignorant and practice the do as I say attitude.

TRT

Awards
Hi DetroitHammer,

I agree with you. I cannot recommend this doctorand I'm sorry to hear that you didn't have a very positive experience with him as well. Trying to find the "right doctor" is very frustrating considering a lot of us are not the Bank of America.

TRT

Awards
DetroitHammer,

Can you tell me, are you still seeing Dr. Crisler or did you stop?

TRT

Awards
Has anyone heard about a compounding pharmacy called University Compounding out of San Diego? Someone on another board recommends them. When I called University, their prices were fairly reasonable. I have contacted another compounder with some questions and they have always been very nice and responsive its College Pharmacy. The only thing about College is that there prices are on the high side.

TRT

Awards
Has anyone heard about a compounding pharmacy called University Compounding out of San Diego? Someone on another board recommends them. When I called University, their prices were fairly reasonable. I have contacted another compounder with some questions and they have always been very nice and responsive its College Pharmacy. The only thing about College is that there prices are on the high side.
Its interesting how Dr. Crisler's forum recently put back the thread on someone complaining about their office experience. Of course, 99% of the thread is skewed with positive-do-no -wrong-comments and experiences. If the dr. has so much time to visit and read other boards then it would be nice if he took that time and spent it on educating all of his patients and taking constructive criticism as a gentleman and professional. He likes to ban anyone from his boards that doesn't bow-down and inflate the ego. Thanks but no thanks

DetroitHammer

DetroitHammer

Awards
  • Established
What made you stop seeing Dr. Crissler?
The Man Cave was creepy; I didn't like how he brutally attacked other doctors; he was arrogant and I didn't feel he would meet my goals and expectations. I think he's more than qualified to practice medicine. He's very knowledgeable and he has a certain charisma. I've found from my small sampling that 90% never go back. It's not large and by no means a study, but still, I know quite a few guys who went there and stopped.

ohiostate2827

ohiostate2827

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
ill be talking with Dr. John this thurs about bloodwork..ill see then if i decided to go with him or not..if things dont go well then im not sure where to go next

The Matrix

The Matrix

Awards
  • Established
Ohio,
Like I said people need to go see for themselves to make their own conclusion. No.matter who it is. Just like the Bible.one verse can be interpreted 1000 different ways ..

Dr john is very knowledgeable, made contributions to HRT in many ways. The one thing sticks out was him taking the time to help pmgamer because Dr's where completely clues. Honestly he probably saved his life in that instance. I found out phil was in the hospital called Dr john to let him know then he did what he could to help. No matter how bad there is in some one there are always something good. Problem with society we focus on the negative not the positive.

Just to clear some people's distorted assumptions, I am not TRT or even know who he is..

ohiostate2827

ohiostate2827

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Ohio,
Like I said people need to go see for themselves to make their own conclusion. No.matter who it is. Just like the Bible.one verse can be interpreted 1000 different ways ..

Dr john is very knowledgeable, made contributions to HRT in many ways. The one thing sticks out was him taking the time to help pmgamer because Dr's where completely clues. Honestly he probably saved his life in that instance. I found out phil was in the hospital called Dr john to let him know then he did what he could to help. No matter how bad there is in some one there are always something good. Problem with society we focus on the negative not the positive.

Just to clear some people's distorted assumptions, I am not TRT or even know who he is..
well said

The Matrix

The Matrix

Awards
  • Established
well said
Its all about integrity and tact when it all comes down to. One thing I am learning over the years no much how much one maybe chopped down, taunted, drag through the mud you never come stoop down to a lower level. Napalm's post made me realize that.

The Matrix

The Matrix

Awards
  • Established
I try to help the humans every now and then...
The problem is some times people can take it the wrong way. When some one gives a person good or bad feedback, one can view it as we all have areas to work on to better our selves as humans.

ohiostate2827

ohiostate2827

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
The problem is some times people can take it the wrong way. When some one gives a person good or bad feedback, one can view it as we all have areas to work on to better our selves as humans.
i talked with dr. john this past thursday and i didnt have a prob with him..he answered all my questions and gave me good advice..we even chatted for a bit off subject

The Matrix

The Matrix

Awards
  • Established
i talked with dr. john this past thursday and i didnt have a prob with him..he answered all my questions and gave me good advice..we even chatted for a bit off subject
I'm glad you had a good experience, only you know if the dr is a good fit for you.

staple

Awards
what did he have to say? I heard he might be changing up his trt programs and starting people out lower, etc. just curious where the "cutting edge" right now has docs. really like to hear more about your experience with him.

The Matrix

The Matrix

Awards
  • Established
what did he have to say? I heard he might be changing up his trt programs and starting people out lower, etc. just curious where the "cutting edge" right now has docs. really like to hear more about your experience with him.
Cutting edge is identifying why levels are low by evaluating imbalances in neurology, immune , endocrine, psychology, epigenetics and environmental factors. Once these are identified then the practitioner must look to see how they are inter connected. Drs are now for focusing on possible underlying pathology instead of just treating the symptoms. Remember hormones are just a small part of the total equation (20-25%) and are usually an expression of a deeper cause as many are now finding out

ohiostate2827

ohiostate2827

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
just talked over my lab work..lowered my test cyp dose per from 100mg to 80mg per week..wants me to use armidex. thats about it really..may talk later on down the road after we get everything in balance about a jump start protocol

ohiostate2827

ohiostate2827

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Cutting edge is identifying why levels are low by evaluating imbalances in neurology, immune , endocrine, psychology, epigenetics and environmental factors. Once these are identified then the practitioner must look to see how they are inter connected. Drs are now for focusing on possible underlying pathology instead of just treating the symptoms. Remember hormones are just a small part of the total equation (20-25%) and are usually an expression of a deeper cause as many are now finding out
once dr john gets me in balance ill have to give ya a call

pmgamer18

Awards
  • Established
If your willing to drive some this Dr. is the son of a very good Dr. his Dad use to treat Bob Hope with Pellets they are very good at this and use enough pellets to last 3 months.
I don't see him but the men at the Forum I help out at do see them and all are very happy with the Dr.'s and treatmen.
===========================================================
R. Don Gambrell, Jr.(706) 724-8878903 15th StreetAugusta, GA 30910Reproductive Endocrinologists, PCHormone Replacement TherapyFAX (706) 724-3796

Hi Matrix,

I tried to send you a PM. However, I am newly registered in this forum. When I tried to send you a PM, the message said that I must have posted at least 7 times to send you a PM. Therefore, without an alternative e-mail I don't know how to send you a PM until I post 7 times. Anyways, until then, I would appreciate it if you could send me some of your best HRT recommended doctors in the US. I live in the Atlanta area but am willing to travel for the best and nicest partners in healthcare HRT.

Thanks,
TRT

The Matrix

The Matrix

Awards
  • Established
once dr john gets me in balance ill have to give ya a call
I have some guys down that area and if you feel guys are getting good results then I be glad to recommend people his way. I think ohio is looking to find out why things his levels are low and using TRT as a temporary bridge till further evaluation is completed. More and more Dr's are getting on board with this approach and the out come has been dramatic in some cases. In the net work of dr's/health professionals I work with, we all work together on cases. There may be some times 5 or more professionals working on a case, but we all keep an open line of communication with the best interests of the patient at mind. "My way or high way mentality" is not going to get you far with professionals I established relationships with..

staple

Awards
just talked over my lab work..lowered my test cyp dose per from 100mg to 80mg per week..wants me to use armidex. thats about it really..may talk later on down the road after we get everything in balance about a jump start protocol
wonder whats up now? Do you still see Crisler?

The Matrix

The Matrix

Awards
  • Established
wonder whats up now? Do you still see Crisler?
He's actually off TRT, on clomid, and addressing other issues which TRT did not..Doing well

The Matrix

The Matrix

Awards
  • Established
thing called hippa

staple

Awards
yes hipaa protects personally identifiable health information.

ohiostate2827

ohiostate2827

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
once we found out what was my real issues.. Shawn helped me fix myself up in about two months.. had to fine tune a few things but no big deal... i take clomid now only twice per week and still doing fine.. still taken aromasin 3x week

The Matrix

The Matrix

Awards
  • Established
once we found out what was my real issues.. Shawn helped me fix myself up in about two months.. had to fine tune a few things but no big deal... i take clomid now only twice per week and still doing fine.. still taken aromasin 3x week
Yes G, glad you are doing better. It has been a long road,

You know I am not screwing around any more. I barely have enough time to breath with the influx of people and Doctors. Some of the cases that walk, roll, and stroll in my office are some of the most challenging ones I have ever encountered. You know what the reward seeing them improve when no health professional was able to is priceless. Being involved with research studies will also boost my creditability as well as working with some of the most well respected medical professionals in different specialities. Its funny when you see certain numbers on your cell phone its like having the bat phone LOL

ohiostate2827

ohiostate2827

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Yes G, glad you are doing better. It has been a long road,

You know I am not screwing around any more. I barely have enough time to breath with the influx of people and Doctors. Some of the cases that walk, roll, and stroll in my office are some of the most challenging ones I have ever encountered. You know what the reward seeing them improve when no health professional was able to is priceless. Being involved with research studies will also boost my creditability as well as working with some of the most well respected medical professionals in different specialities. Its funny when you see certain numbers on your cell phone its like having the bat phone LOL
I would still be chasing my tail if i havent met ya. Keep up the awesome work man

The Matrix

The Matrix

Awards
  • Established
I plan on it as now I am educating open minded.medical professionals like yours. Look at the.out come...not.just hormones but it has impacted you other ways which hormones never would have...