Results from HRT... Results from low doses...

Sac_M5

Awards
Since there has been a lot of discussion as to what the minimum effective dosage of AAS is to illicit a physiological response I thought I would offer my own results...

I started my HRT program back in August 2011 as a result of feeling sluggish and not having the same energy I use to. I was prescribed an initial dose of 200mg Test Cyp weekly and 200mg Deca weekly to help with joint pain from old sports injuries as my current profession is very physically demanding.

I am 6'2" and prior to HRT, I cruised at about 225 pounds - 10%bf. My fiancé' is a popular trainer and created a meal/wkout program for me to test for cutting. I ran the plan just prior to starting HRT. I am not a big fan of cutting but wanted to see where I could get to with clean diet and specialized workout program for cutting. Result 200lbs, 5.4%bf (Hydrostatic Bodyfat Test) on 2 month cutting plan all natural.

I finished that plan and then immediately started HRT and my fiancé created a bulking program for me as I was not a huge fan of the ultra lean look, I like some bulk and feel better. Under a month I was back to 220lbs +/-, still lean. Under two months I was up to 230lbs, still lean. Now at 240lbs and still fairly lean at 9%.

Over a month ago I dropped the deca and remained on 200mg of Test Cyp each week. I am currently 240lbs at 9%bf and holding strong. I noticed not much difference dropping the deca. I can still move the same weight, perhaps if I had to over analyze maybe I have slightly less strength, maybe. I still workout with virtually the same weight I used prior to HRT. My ballpark maxes are 500lb+ deadlight, 150lb Dbells - incline bench for reps, 365 flat bench, 120lb dbells on seated overhead shoulder press for reps, etc. I have been going easy on the squats because they started flaring up issues with my knees and IT bands again.

As for my bloodwork. Not bad but my liver enzymes and estrogen are up a bit. So I have been talking about dropping the test even lower to see if I can drop the levels down that way rather than upping the Arimidex or adding something else. My RBC was getting to the higher end of the scale so I just went and had a therapeutic phlebotomy which seems to have worked well as a preventative measure and I think I just feel better in general from it.

Thought I would pass along my results as I often see posts on this forum of people wondering what results might be from minimum dosages. I know many people said I would not get any physiological effect from such a low dose. I know my fiancé’s plans are excellent but considering I have never been 240lbs before I would say the minimum dosage is working just fine. Prior to HRT the most I weighed was probably 235 but I was probably 15%bf too.

To sum it up I would say great results can be had on low dosages of Test in my opinion. 200mg Test Cyp and up 40lbs bodyweight (200lbs to 240lbs) with a bodyfat increase from 5% to 9%.

v4lu3s

Awards
  • Established
what were the low doses you are talking about? low dose food or something? 200mg a week is not exactly TRT doses.

Sac_M5

Awards
Uh, ok. Yes, in my opinion 200mg/wk Test Cyp is a low dose. For sake of argument lets just call it a common dosage for HRT. The purpose of the post was not really to debate with you what you feel is a low dosage. If anything it was to dispell the comments of folks who believe there is no physiological benefit from low dose HRT.

breezy11

breezy11

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I'm no expert but I've never heard of deca being used in any HRT protocol. 200mg cyp alone would be considered a high dose for HRT purposes.

The Matrix

The Matrix

Awards
  • Established
200 mgs/ml is high and can cause issues with prostate, and other factors such as blood thickening, ect. Medical professionals have to watch their back because at any given chance they would be red flag by AMA for giving such dosage unless they can medically justify it. Deca is not standard protocol in medically accepted HRT. Purpose of HRT is to increase quality of life not to take advantage of it for muscle enhancement.

Torobestia

Torobestia

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I don't think anyone says 200mg/week is a low dose for HRT ... they say it's a low dose for a (beginner) blast/cycle (I say beginner because obviously 200mg/week isn't even within the realm of thought for advanced users). A pretty modest dose for HRT is around 125mg/week ... 200mg/week is high.

That said, the reason non-idiots actually recommend against 200mg/week cycles is because you still get shutdown while not receiving as much benefit from the test run as you would with 500mg/week or so cycle. Most people doing cycles probably want to return to a state where their endogenous test levels return to normal, so shutdown is of course seen as a downside of cycling.

Just wanted to clear that up.

All that aside, your post is still an informative one in terms of one man's experience on 200mg/week. Another user here was on 200mg/week (also on TRT), dialed in his diet and was consistent with his training, and had pretty nice results. I forget his name, but it's in the picture section.

Sac_M5

Awards
I have seen Deca prescriped often in HRT protocols for joint lubrication. It does help with that.

Sac_M5

Awards
I have seen Deca prescriped often in HRT protocols for joint lubrication. It does help with that.

In regards to the prostate question, had a PSA test and was excellent.

fanzdslpwr1

Awards
I am prescribed 8/10cc of testosterone weekly. I have found that 6/10 does me better than the higher dose of 8/10cc. I no longer use HCG because of estrogen issues and I don't like arimadex because of all the nasty sides like possible estrogen rebound and IGF lowering. I do use topical SustainAlpha and it takes my lower dose therapy to an all new level!

Sac_M5

Awards
I am prescribed 8/10cc of testosterone weekly. I have found that 6/10 does me better than the higher dose of 8/10cc. I no longer use HCG because of estrogen issues and I don't like arimadex because of all the nasty sides like possible estrogen rebound and IGF lowering. I do use topical SustainAlpha and it takes my lower dose therapy to an all new level!
I dont know what 8/10cc and 6/10cc is, as this does not tell me a dosage. How many miligrams of Test is 8/10 or 6/10cc? Also I dont use HCG for estrogen issues, I use it so my body continues to produce on its own while on therapy. I have not experienced any sides from Arimidex and my IGF is naturally very high. However, I am glad to hear that you have found a protocol that is working for you. In the end that is ultimately the goal.

fanzdslpwr1

Awards
no I know HCG is to keep your body producing test, but the side effect of HCG use is elevated estrogen, estradial issues. Thats why I stopped HCG. I like Sustain alpha because it helps me maintain testicular size and really good natural energy and more balanced estrogen. 8/10cc of a 210mg 10ml bottle of cyp is around 190mg of testosterone. 6/10cc is about 130mg-140mg of testosterone. the arimadex is probaly whats elevating your liver enzymes.

heroxyouxhate

Awards
200mg per week doesn't seem too high to me, I've been on 100mg per week for a couple of months and test is coming back in the low 400s so ill probably end up in 200 mg range sooner or later.

Sent from my YP-G1 using Tapatalk

The Matrix

The Matrix

Awards
  • Established
200mg per week doesn't seem too high to me, I've been on 100mg per week for a couple of months and test is coming back in the low 400s so ill probably end up in 200 mg range sooner or later.

Sent from my YP-G1 using Tapatalk
When are you taking the blood in relationship to the shot?
If you are at low 400's after 7 days this is not a bad thing.
Splitting shots will keep an more even plasma level..