reducing "bags" under the eyes...

hvactech

hvactech

Legend
Awards
any personal insight on what helps to reduce baggy eyes?

The Matrix

The Matrix

Awards
  • Established
any personal insight on what helps to reduce baggy eyes?
One needs to examine sleep hygiene as well as adrenal imbalances.

The Matrix

The Matrix

Awards
  • Established
howwedo107

howwedo107

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Treating symptoms not the cause..
Lol yeah true I was in the waiting room at a docs office and that dr oz was on it and it was a topic on there so figured I'd try to sound like I knew something haha

hvactech

hvactech

Legend
Awards
would you say this could be related to feeling tired all day despite enough sleep the night before?

The Matrix

The Matrix

Awards
  • Established
would you say this could be related to feeling tired all day despite enough sleep the night before?
One needs to examine the proper pathology...
Again its about sleep hygiene not that you actually just sleep.

jonko

Awards
"Hygiene" as in cleanliness??
Yea what the heck is "sleep hygiene" ???
Wash his face before bed?

If I eat a salty meal the night before (like Chinese food) then the next morning I have bags under my eyes

hvactech

hvactech

Legend
Awards
i havent had them but for the last 2 yrs or so, some days are worse than others, around the same time i noticed i was always tired no matter how much sleep i got..

grngoloco

grngoloco

Awards
But, are you washing your face and eyes before bed? That seems to be the question!! LOL :p

hvactech

hvactech

Legend
Awards
yuppp..

hvactech

hvactech

Legend
Awards
in reference to sleep hygiene, i do the same routine before bed everyday, very seldom do i wake up in the middle of the night

jonko

Awards
How does washing your face reduce bags under the eyes?

hvactech

hvactech

Legend
Awards
it doesnt...sleep hygiene refers to pre sleep habits

breezy11

breezy11

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
it doesnt...sleep hygiene refers to pre sleep habits
Here's the actual definition:

sleep hygiene- controlling of all behavioural and environmental factors that precede sleep and may interfere with sleep

hvactech

hvactech

Legend
Awards
Here's the actual definition:

sleep hygiene- controlling of all behavioural and environmental factors that precede sleep and may interfere with sleep
well if you wanna get technical, lol...i posted what i briefly remembered

breezy11

breezy11

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
well if you wanna get technical, lol...i posted what i briefly remembered
Lol. Threw it out there just in case someone really didn't know what it was.

The Matrix

The Matrix

Awards
  • Established
Lol. Threw it out there just in case someone really didn't know what it was.
You want to find the root cause you have to dig..

The Matrix

The Matrix

Awards
  • Established
hvactech

hvactech

Legend
Awards
so i found a few things that has helped my sleep hygiene. one, staying off the pc later in the night, two, sitting further away from the tv. i started sitting 15-20 feet from tv and noticed my over all vision seems to be better. im going to increase my pc monitor from 13" to 19", ive noticed i squint trying to read the small screen.

grngoloco

grngoloco

Awards
Kiehls makes an awesome eye treatment balm, that looks like chapstick that you rub on your eyes

hvactech

hvactech

Legend
Awards
looking into now, thanks

hugry4more

hugry4more

Awards
  • Established
I found that nutrition has fixed my bags. Now that I eat more organic foods. More fruit less grains. Salad n fresh veggies every meal and I juice once a day. Feel like a new person. I wont rant on about how amazing I feel but I suggest every one else look into this aspect of there diet.

hvactech

hvactech

Legend
Awards
how is "juicing" healthy......lol, ive started to become alot healthier in my diet in the last few weeks, veggies, fruits, and such

hugry4more

hugry4more

Awards
  • Established
All for juicing veggies,, but fruit juice is way too high in sugars
Yea that's what were all taught. I think the truth is coming forward that as far a body composition is conserned its the quantity of macro that mattesr not the source. I'm not saying eat candy instead if yams Cuz its the same marcos but I saying if you juice 2 apples half lemon some carrots n greens the fructose isnt going to make u any fatter than a yam would. Try it out if you don't believe me. As far as health n nutrition goes I its all about the source of your food rather than quantity.

grngoloco

grngoloco

Awards
Yea that's what were all taught. I think the truth is coming forward that as far a body composition is conserned its the quantity of macro that mattesr not the source. I'm not saying eat candy instead if yams Cuz its the same marcos but I saying if you juice 2 apples half lemon some carrots n greens the fructose isnt going to make u any fatter than a yam would. Try it out if you don't believe me. As far as health n nutrition goes I its all about the source of your food rather than quantity.
Well the thing is the insulin Spikes from the rapid absorption,,, it lacks the fiber

grngoloco

grngoloco

Awards
Trust me, I'm a big fan of juicing and will juice fruit on purpose for the sugar high and the insulin pump, preworkout

hugry4more

hugry4more

Awards
  • Established
Trust me, I'm a big fan of juicing and will juice fruit on purpose for the sugar high and the insulin pump, preworkout
Yea same I love it.. I totally understand the whole insuline spike stuff I just think some times people take it to far like by thinking fruit is going to make them fat so they eat yams and brown rice all day for carbs. Which is not the best way to diet IMO. I guess that's all I was trying to say.

grngoloco

grngoloco

Awards
Yea same I love it.. I totally understand the whole insuline spike stuff I just think some times people take it to far like by thinking fruit is going to make them fat so they eat yams and brown rice all day for carbs. Which is not the best way to diet IMO. I guess that's all I was trying to say.
I guess I was speaking to the opposite crowd who think that by juicing they don't need to eat whole fruit

The Matrix

The Matrix

Awards
  • Established
I guess I was speaking to the opposite crowd who think that by juicing they don't need to eat whole fruit
In certain cases I have people alter their eating to put them more into an alkaline state. Again it depends on multiple factors if this the proper recommendation to make to Dr for their patients. This is why one needs a complete detailed medical history, and diet journal to know where adjustments need to be made.

grngoloco

grngoloco

Awards
I read somewhere that eating carbs two hours before bed can help induce better sleep

The Matrix

The Matrix

Awards
  • Established
I read somewhere that eating carbs two hours before bed can help induce better sleep
Having proper glyocogen levels will help this as it helps to produce serotonin. This is why when prepping people for contest, i montor there neurotransmitter and make suggestion to support proper balance to prevent them going purely dopamamine/NE dominant which is not a good thing. It really becomes an art form of science when getting the desired results.

grngoloco

grngoloco

Awards
Having proper glyocogen levels will help this as it helps to produce serotonin. This is why when prepping people for contest, i montor there neurotransmitter and make suggestion to support proper balance to prevent them going purely dopamamine/NE dominant which is not a good thing. It really becomes an art form of science when getting the desired results.
Is it a good idea to have my own glucometer even if I'm not diabetic?? Was thinking about getting one for the hell of it,, can get it with my flex spending card

MusclestoGo

MusclestoGo

Awards
If you dab a warm caffeinated tea bag under your eyes it will serve as an astringent, causing them to shrink. Also if you elevate your head slightly when you sleep.

hvactech

hvactech

Legend
Awards
thanks for the insight, im getting some blood work down to check test levels, i seemed to have experienced symptoms of lathargy and while taking 3grams of daa for the last week and half my "bags" and sleepness have drastically improved..